Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 59
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    17,498

    Jays Acquire Randal Grichuk for Dominic Leone and Conner Greene

    The only link available at the moment is from the site that shall not be named.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    17,498
    He strikes out a **** load so I'm going to love him. I really hope this move signifies that Biagini is back in the pen and a 5th starter is about to be acquired.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    28,232
    I thought Grichuk made sense in the off season. I was hoping Tepera would be enough to get him to Leone. They probably have enough depth in the pen. He has 40 hr potential but he can be below average also. This outfield has too much variance for my taste. I doubt Grichuk platoons with Grandy so we are likely set in the OF. Following this regime can be boring. They seem opposed to taking risks. Watching this team operate on the margins can be frustrating.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Shore
    Posts
    8,259
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    He strikes out a **** load so I'm going to love him. I really hope this move signifies that Biagini is back in the pen and a 5th starter is about to be acquired.
    Hopefully a number 3

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    windsor
    Posts
    2,320
    Huh. Not really impressed unless the FO has a deal sending Pillar for pitching. Otherwise we could have two OF with 5 million K's between them......arg

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    15,976
    Quote Originally Posted by town123 View Post
    Huh. Not really impressed unless the FO has a deal sending Pillar for pitching. Otherwise we could have two OF with 5 million K's between them......arg
    They HAVE to move an Outfielder and I wouldn't be surprised if it were Pillar.... they have what, 7 outfielders under contract for next season? This move just doesn't make sense unless they're trading someone.

    The move itself, it's interesting. I don't know how to feel about it, Grichuk has serious potential and even though he Ks a TON (like, wowzers), he has tons of power and I think last season was likely more of a fluke than the norm. Where as, I feel Leone really had a career year and isn't as good as he looked last season.

    Regardless, this deal is literally impossible to judge until this time next year. We'll see how things pan out -- I have to imagine this means Toronto is moving Biagini back to the pen and are about to sign a starter.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    274
    I wanted the Jays to pick him up last year as a replacement for Bautista....I think he's very similar to pre-Jays Jose and could benefit from a swing re-working. Overall, its not the worst move.

    At least he's not 37.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    windsor
    Posts
    2,320
    Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    They HAVE to move an Outfielder and I wouldn't be surprised if it were Pillar.... they have what, 7 outfielders under contract for next season? This move just doesn't make sense unless they're trading someone.

    The move itself, it's interesting. I don't know how to feel about it, Grichuk has serious potential and even though he Ks a TON (like, wowzers), he has tons of power and I think last season was likely more of a fluke than the norm. Where as, I feel Leone really had a career year and isn't as good as he looked last season.

    Regardless, this deal is literally impossible to judge until this time next year. We'll see how things pan out -- I have to imagine this means Toronto is moving Biagini back to the pen and are about to sign a starter.
    Yep.... time will tell. At least the offseason his warming up..lol

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7,278
    Meh. I dont love nor hate the trade. Grichuk seems average to me. Good power but lots of holes in his swing and does not get on base enough for my liking. Leone was pretty good last year but I thought it was better to sell high on him. I still like Greene as a prospect. I feel like he can be a really good reliever down the road.

    Just like everyone said, I am interested to see how we are going to address our logjam of position players. I am ok with moving Pillar.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Shore
    Posts
    8,259
    Yeah Iím indifferent as well. Leone is what he is and if Grichuk can clean up his swing he could be productive. We are really starting to get a crowded OF tho

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    6,141
    Hernandez simply starts in AAA now with Diaz, Alford, Jansen and McGuire.

    Granderson in LF. Pillar in CF , Grichuk in RF and an opening day bench of Carrera, Pearce, Solarte and Maile to maximize depth.

    Granderson
    Travis
    Donaldson
    Tulo
    Smoak
    Morales
    Martin
    Grichuk
    Pillar

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Shore
    Posts
    8,259
    Yeah thatís probably the best bet. I would think Pillar will be on a short leash especially if Hernandez or Alford have a decent start to the season in AAA

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    783
    Don't know Grichuk that well as hardly watch NL. Looking at his stats though...see a guy who 2 years ago was a 3.7WAR at 24 years old. Could hit for a little power at Rogers. Hope he does as liked Greene's arm.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    17,498
    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Hernandez simply starts in AAA now with Diaz, Alford, Jansen and McGuire.

    Granderson in LF. Pillar in CF , Grichuk in RF and an opening day bench of Carrera, Pearce, Solarte and Maile to maximize depth.

    Granderson
    Travis
    Donaldson
    Tulo
    Smoak
    Morales
    Martin
    Grichuk
    Pillar
    I can't imagine Diaz starting in AAA and I hope that Jansen gives Maille a run for his money for backup C job. As for your order, flip Tulo and Smoak and that's what I'd roll with. However, I don't want Grandy anywhere near the leadoff spot or even playing vs lefties.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,589
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    Hopefully a number 3
    Hell, hopefully a number 1.

    This off-season is starting to make less and less sense to me. They've spent so much money in aggregate on average/borderline players that they could have just lumped in on one really good player who could have made significant contributions to the team.

    I understand the issue isn't so much AAV but the term some of these guys will likely command... but come on.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •