Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Julio Pablo Martinez

Go ****ing sign him!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hahahahahahahahaha

This is the Mets after all

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Go ****ing sign him!

I looked him up, but don't see anything special about him. What info am I missing or are you kidding....?
    Couldn't Make The Cut As A Denver Broncos Cheerleader

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

uapeople you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    I looked him up, but don't see anything special about him. What info am I missing or are you kidding....?
    lefty hitter, centerfielder, 9% walk rate in Cuban leagues, base stealer, leadoff hitter, young. Could pal up with fellow Cuban Yoenis..

Most importantly it frees up Nimmo to be traded for Harrison.

Might work.

Considering this team has no centerfielders except Lagares.

This kid is like a first round pick signing. At 21 he will boost your prospects list and give you possible future leadoff man.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Correct me if I am wrong.

I don't think the Mets have sufficient bonus pool money to sign him for 2017-18. For 2018-19 I think they've zeroed in on two top International prospects that will probably eat up much of their pool money..

If they were to sign him now, they would likely exceed their pool and would not be able to sign the two players in 2018/19. If they wait until the 2018/19 signing period they could sign him plus the other 2, but would then face restrictions the following years. Plus he may prefer to sign now, not later.
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

Man, I'm so out of the loop. I never even heard of this guy until I saw this thread. But anyone named "Julio" is ok by me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ThoUzGYmD4
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears but they seem kinda sensible...."

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong.

I don't think the Mets have sufficient bonus pool money to sign him for 2017-18. For 2018-19 I think they've zeroed in on two top International prospects that will probably eat up much of their pool money..

If they were to sign him now, they would likely exceed their pool and would not be able to sign the two players in 2018/19. If they wait until the 2018/19 signing period they could sign him plus the other 2, but would then face restrictions the following years. Plus he may prefer to sign now, not later.
    Honestly rathe have him than one of the other guys they are tied to. IMO he is more of a given than a 16 year old. He may help the team in the nearer future as opposed to 7 years from now.

J.P Martinez...go get em Omah

He's a definite top 100 MLB prospect, possibly top 50. So def would love him

Don't even waste a second thinking they're going after this kid. Yes, it would be a great signing. No, we will not spend the money on him.

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Man, I'm so out of the loop. I never even heard of this guy until I saw this thread. But anyone named "Julio" is ok by me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ThoUzGYmD4
    You've become so predictable lately.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    Don't even waste a second thinking they're going after this kid. Yes, it would be a great signing. No, we will not spend the money on him.
    Is not like he will cost a lot!

Because of the new agreement he will be a bargain.

Go get some more IfA money to sign him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast