Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Nikola Mirotic=Kevin Love?

So the trade deadline is 3 weeks away and is one of my favorite times of the year. It's always fun to speculate and try to come up with trades to try and improve whatever team you're rooting for. You all know I'm a Wade fan and idk how much longer hell play, hell he may go back to Miami next year for his last year, especially if LeBron leaves. That being said, I'm trying to come up with a way to get the Cavs on level playing field with the Warriors. Their best assets are the Nets pick and imo Kevin Love but I'm not sure they want to trade Love.

One thing I've been looking at is trading Crowder for a 1st, using that 1st or the Cavs 1st to get Mirotic and making Love available for a bigger trade. Had to trade Crowder for a 1st to still be able to trade the Net pick in this scenario.

So let me go away from all the trade details and ask you this, if you replaced Love with Mirotic would they be better, about the same, or worse?

I'm on a phone so it's hard to post the numbers but I will post them when I get home. I know most of you like to look at this things yourself and look deeper than I would anyways.

From what I saw, they're damn near the same so far. Same usage, about the same basic stats (Mirotic shoots 5 or 6% better from 3 on more attempts which is huge). Per 36 looks about the same with a slight rebounding edge to Love while Mirotic scores more. The advanced stats I saw seem to favor Mirotic by quite a bit though.

What do you all think?
    RIP lol, please!

8/1/2011 - 01/28/2018

You may not be with us anymore but your name, legacy, and what you stood for will last forever!

Seriously? Another spam thread?
    Last edited by Giannis94; 01-18-2018 at 01:49 PM.

Like Donny Trump is doing for America after a brutal 8 years, I am making PSD Great Again One Post at a time, doe!!

One Big A-- (8 year) Mistake America. Coincidence? I think not.

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    Boom, roasted!

Check the numbers.
    RIP lol, please!

8/1/2011 - 01/28/2018

You may not be with us anymore but your name, legacy, and what you stood for will last forever!

Quote Originally Posted by RowBTrice View Post
    Boom, roasted!
    Here you come with your negativity again.
    RIP lol, please!

8/1/2011 - 01/28/2018

Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    Check the numbers.
    This seems like it belongs in the trade deadline thread?

Like Donny Trump is doing for America after a brutal 8 years, I am making PSD Great Again One Post at a time, doe!!

One Big A-- (8 year) Mistake America. Coincidence? I think not.

This seems like it belongs in the trade deadline thread?
    It's a player comparison, I just explained why I began looking into it.
    RIP lol, please!

8/1/2011 - 01/28/2018

If this thread is off base then by all means feel free to close mods but the number are identical and honestly favor Mirotic more than Love and the Bulls have been balling since Mirotic came back.
    RIP lol, please!

8/1/2011 - 01/28/2018

Nothing that sets up those trades is going to happen. Crowder will not be traded for a 1st, and neither will Mirotic.

I'm convinced that's all this kid does all day.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    Nothing that sets up those trades is going to happen. Crowder will not be traded for a 1st, and neither will Mirotic.
    You don't think a playoff team would trade a 1st for Crowder who is on a great contract? I'm pretty sure I read the Bulls want a first for Mirotic.

Trade stuff aside though, you're a numbers guy. What do you think when you compare Mirotic and Loves numbers?
    RIP lol, please!

8/1/2011 - 01/28/2018

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I'm convinced that's all this kid does all day.
    I'm so confused why you're taking shots at me and making things up about me today lol.
    RIP lol, please!

8/1/2011 - 01/28/2018

You don't think a playoff team would trade a 1st for Crowder who is on a great contract? I'm pretty sure I read the Bulls want a first for Mirotic.

Trade stuff aside though, you're a numbers guy. What do you think when you compare Mirotic and Loves numbers?
    It's been 20 games of action at 25mpg. So far nothing from his past indicates he will sustain this over the course of the season. Being that he's about to turn 27 it's tough to imagine we don't see a regression to the mean sooner than later for him.

There's a big difference in 1sts. I'm not sure you could trade the Nets pick for Mirotic atm. He's balling, the Bulls have zero expectations this year, and they have a team option on him next year. The only reason to trade him is if he says he definitely wants out after next season. They'd be crazy to move him for anything less than a top 10 pick.

The Cavs ARE a playoff team that needs Crowder. He's underperforming and you are not getting a 1st just because he has a cheap contract when he hasn't shown he can thrive outside of Boston.

Trades aside, I don't trust Mirotic's sample size of 500 minutes. Best case scenario he's roughly as good as Love and you're effing with contender chemistry to break even on talent. Worst case he's trash without Hoiberg. In a year and change you also have to think about paying him when Thomas and Lebron could both walk and you're basically the Bulls.

Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    It's been 20 games of action at 25mpg. So far nothing from his past indicates he will sustain this over the course of the season. Being that he's about to turn 27 it's tough to imagine we don't see a regression to the mean sooner than later for him.
    You could definitely be right but to his defense he was at the Bulls facility all summer and also added 15-20 pounds of muscle. I can't remember how much exactly. Maybe it's just improvement to his game in the middle of what should be his prime years. Maybe Portis knocked some sense into him.
    RIP lol, please!

8/1/2011 - 01/28/2018

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast