Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Offensive Coordinator Wish List

With it looking like Pat Shurmur is almost a done deal to the Giants, who would be at the top of your guys wish list for our offensive coordinator position? Is there someone in house that you want them to promote, or hire from the outside?

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorPride View Post
    With it looking like Pat Shurmur is almost a done deal to the Giants, who would be at the top of your guys wish list for our offensive coordinator position? Is there someone in house that you want them to promote, or hire from the outside?
    Internally I think the only guy that piques my interest is Stefanski because it seems like a lot of people around the team think he'll be a great OC. Externally, I'm hearing good things about the Jet's OC that they just let go.

Teddy "Throwsevelt" Bridgewater

Quote Originally Posted by CubbyJoe View Post
    Internally I think the only guy that piques my interest is Stefanski because it seems like a lot of people around the team think he'll be a great OC. Externally, I'm hearing good things about the Jet's OC that they just let go.
    The only one outside that I am remotely familiar with is Bevell, and I think I would be ok with him. But like Cubby said, I think this job will go to Stefanski. The guy has done his duty and I think he is ready for that next step. He'll probably end up being a head coach just simply going off the fact that he is young and is an offensive mind. We'll see but I would really like him because I feel he would stay along the same lines as Pat.

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    The only one outside that I am remotely familiar with is Bevell, and I think I would be ok with him. But like Cubby said, I think this job will go to Stefanski. The guy has done his duty and I think he is ready for that next step. He'll probably end up being a head coach just simply going off the fact that he is young and is an offensive mind. We'll see but I would really like him because I feel he would stay along the same lines as Pat.
    That's what concerns me with going outside the organization is starting a brand new scheme most likely. I don't know a ton about Stefanski which is why I was looking for more opinions.

Does who the best choice is change much if Keenum doesn't stay?
    What I mean is....Shurmur's offense is somewhat geared to work with Case's strengths...if our QB is Teddy, is Stefanski ready to roll out his own offense?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    What I mean is....Shurmur's offense is somewhat geared to work with Case's strengths...if our QB is Teddy, is Stefanski ready to roll out his own offense?
    Stefanski's offense, this is an assumption, has to be a West Coast Offense. He has been with the Vikes for 13 years and was hired by Brad Childress. So he has experience under Chilly, Bevell, Pat, Norv, Musgrave. Probably missing a guy in there but out of those 5 all of them outside of Norv ran a WCO.

The one thing with Pat's offense is he took some of what he learned under Chip Kelly and implemented it in his offense.

So while I'm sure his offense will be different it won't be too much different as the basic concepts will still be the same. The more I talk about it the more I really hope it is Stefanski is the guy.

http://www.vikings.com/team/coaches/...f-72dc7a2f09a7

I think the style of play that Case and Teddy play with is nearly identical, minus the fact that Case has more YOLO throws then Teddy.

Teddy "Throwsevelt" Bridgewater

every one is sure that case will follow shurmur where ever he goes but he might prefer sam. the vikings have a ton of cap space to where they could sign one of case or sam . as for teddy ill presume his contract will toll until i see something is printed different. either way qb has to be a big todo on the draft possibilities in the next draft.
    regardless of who they sign followed by guard and safety .

Quote Originally Posted by tripleplayer543 View Post
    every one is sure that case will follow shurmur where ever he goes but he might prefer sam. the vikings have a ton of cap space to where they could sign one of case or sam . as for teddy ill presume his contract will toll until i see something is printed different. either way qb has to be a big todo on the draft possibilities in the next draft.
    regardless of who they sign followed by guard and safety .
    It will be interesting if Pat goes to the Giants. Pat might want to hang on to Eli and I doubt backing him up would be enticing to Sam or Case.
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

I hope we can bring in John DeFilippo to be our OC. I like what I've read about him. He's in consideration for the Cardinals HC.
    2018 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Mike Hughes CB UCF
    Round 2: Brian O'Neill OT Pittsburgh
    Round 4: Jalyn Holmes DE Ohio State
    Round 5: Tyler Conklin TE Central Michigan
    Round 5: Daniel Carlson K Auburn
    Round 6: Colby Gossett G Appalachian State
    Round 6: Ade Aruna DE Tulane
    Round 7: Devante Downs LB California

Forgot we had this thread but I posted this in the Small News thread as well...

Ben McAdoo and Mike McCoy are in the running to take over as the new OC. Not sure how I feel about McAdoo. But he is a pretty offensive mind.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...oc-pat-shurmur

Paul Allen just gave his endorsement for Kevin Stefanski to be our OC but would be totally fine with Mike or Ben as well. Said that if Kevin does not get the OC job he probably will get one with another team.

Paul Allen just gave his endorsement for Kevin Stefanski to be our OC but would be totally fine with Mike or Ben as well. Said that if Kevin does not get the OC job he probably will get one with another team.
    Stefanski has never called plays before but I still like him. DeFilippo is the guy I like outside the organization. McCoy or McAdoo would be rather meh hires. I'd rather have McAdoo than McCoy. We have a good group of talent on offense. I'd like to see somebody come in with a creative mind. I think DeFilippo can be that guy.
    2018 Vikings Draft :

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Stefanski has never called plays before but I still like him. DeFilippo is the guy I like outside the organization. McCoy or McAdoo would be rather meh hires. I'd rather have McAdoo than McCoy. We have a good group of talent on offense. I'd like to see somebody come in with a creative mind. I think DeFilippo can be that guy.
    Sounds like he could be get the job at AZ but if we got him it would probably be for a year.

Sounds like he could be get the job at AZ but if we got him it would probably be for a year.
    Just read AZ is negotiating Panthers DC Steve Wilks to become HC.

Good chance DeFilippo gets a HC job eventually but I'm fine with that. Our window to win is open right now.
    2018 Vikings Draft :

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast