Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 49
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2,320

    Kanter not playing may be more than bad coaching

    If kanter is in the memphis game at the end then No put back slam in the end. We are terrible playing small ball. It can be argued that kanter is our best player. Over All

    I believe they are trying to keep kanters asking price down. They don't want him to have negotiating power. They actually don't want to win. The efd up tankers may have a point about this perpetually losing organization.

    The jokes on them. They will not get better for any long term period bc players will continue to view this as a losing organization. If kp leaves. The next draft choice is right behind him. I guess that doesn't fit the tank fantasy though

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    5,473
    Kanter is a bad defender. Kp future is at center. Get a pf who can defend the perimeter rebound and shoot. Jarren Jackson maybe

    He should be traded for value

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4,690
    I hope they drive it down to 6 mil a year so we can resign him as a backup.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2,320
    Quote Originally Posted by ISIAH_THOMAS View Post
    Kanter is a bad defender. Kp future is at center. Get a pf who can defend the perimeter rebound and shoot. Jarren Jackson maybe

    He should be traded for value
    And as soon a kp gets 5 rebounds in a game then that will be the focus. Our society loves to focus on what isn't great instead of maximizing what is good. Kanters positives far out way his negative this season. Or you are more than happy that lance supposedly plays d and nothing else

    And actually we do not know where kps future lies until he gets a guard to play with

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    5,473
    Quote Originally Posted by nicnac View Post
    And as soon a kp gets 5 rebounds in a game then that will be the focus. Our society loves to focus on what isn't great instead of maximizing what is good. Kanters positives far out way his negative this season. Or you are more than happy that lance supposedly plays d and nothing else

    And actually we do not know where kps future lies until he gets a guard to play with
    Kp got 9 rebs tonight. Put him at center and he would grab more rebounds. Kp Kanter is to slow . Kanter can't defend pick and roll or rim. Kp should not chase players around on perimeter . he is one of the best rim protectors in the nba.

    Lance is trash Knicks need a small forward

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2,320
    Quote Originally Posted by ISIAH_THOMAS View Post
    Kp got 9 rebs tonight. Put him at center and he would grab more rebounds. Kp Kanter is to slow . Kanter can't defend pick and roll or rim. Kp should not chase players around on perimeter . he is one of the best rim protectors in the nba.

    Lance is trash Knicks need a small forward
    I agree with some of this but i believe that the 2 of them on the court is our best front court. Kanter on offensive boards doesn't interfere with Kps blocked shots. And kps rebounding is not close to kanters. Especially with put backs

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    East New York Brooklyn
    Posts
    20,675
    kanter had these same issues in okc and Utah. Nothings change. He's not a 4th quarter player with his sub par defense. If you can defend multiple positions in today's NBA your useless

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    26,234
    Quote Originally Posted by nicnac View Post
    If kanter is in the memphis game at the end then No put back slam in the end. We are terrible playing small ball. It can be argued that kanter is our best player. Over All

    I believe they are trying to keep kanters asking price down. They don't want him to have negotiating power. They actually don't want to win. The efd up tankers may have a point about this perpetually losing organization.

    The jokes on them. They will not get better for any long term period bc players will continue to view this as a losing organization. If kp leaves. The next draft choice is right behind him. I guess that doesn't fit the tank fantasy though
    Kanter our best player? man... this forum has gone downhill

    He needs to go, not a modern NBA C. period. KP defends the rim so much better than he defends the perimeter.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    38,597
    If KP plays center then you need a Charles Oakley type at PF or Dennis Rodman who grabs every board.

    Each game with KP and Beasley the defense picks up at the end but then we don't get the boards and they get slams, so what is the sense of playing intense defense to watch Timmy under the basket look like a midget and their PF slams home a very big basket.

    Also KP at center if I have a center like Gasol, Howard, Drummond, Cousins, etc I'm attacking him in the low post and he's getting fouls and then everyones wish for him at center is a lot of bench time.

    Sometimes put yourself as the opposing coach and outthink yourself.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    LI-NY
    Posts
    31,309
    I am pretty sure the small ball lineup made a ferocious comeback at the end and almost won the game?

    And the big lineup gave up 3 after 3 after 3 after 3 to the Memphis ****ing Grizzlies?

    The big rebound stands out because it was a huge slam but I think you can live with getting outrebounded if you are defending the rim and defending the 3 way better than you are with a rebounding lineup in. The Miami Heat were amongst the worst rebounding teams in the league every year they went to the Finals. All teams sacrifice rebounding to an extent in order to play small.

    We do, however, need better options at the 3 and the 4 in order to play KP at the 5 successfully. Need a bull at the 4 spot who is gonna battle for boards but can switch all over the court.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    LI-NY
    Posts
    31,309
    Yea we gave up the big rebound, if we weren't down 18 in the first place we wouldn't have had to play perfect ball in the 4th and the big rebound would have been something we could overcome. But along with that big rebound how many huge blocks did KP have as a result of playing in the paint? How many bad threes did we force them to take intsead of wide open good threes they took for 3Q?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    26,234
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    If KP plays center then you need a Charles Oakley type at PF or Dennis Rodman who grabs every board.

    Each game with KP and Beasley the defense picks up at the end but then we don't get the boards and they get slams, so what is the sense of playing intense defense to watch Timmy under the basket look like a midget and their PF slams home a very big basket.

    Also KP at center if I have a center like Gasol, Howard, Drummond, Cousins, etc I'm attacking him in the low post and he's getting fouls and then everyones wish for him at center is a lot of bench time.

    Sometimes put yourself as the opposing coach and outthink yourself.
    if Camby could play C in the 90's, then KP can do it now. just because KP plays C doesn't mean you don't still have a guy like Willy or Noah that can bang against the bigger guys. Centers don't even play much more than 28-30mpg these days anyway. not like KP has to bang with a guy for 40 minutes. Maybe against the bigger guys he only plays 15mpg against them directly and Willy/Noah help out for another 15 minutes.

    we are infinitely better with KP at C and Kanter off the court, the numbers are staggering at just how bad we are when Kanter plays. He needs to go, don't let the tough guy persona fool you, we get murdered when he's on the court and that has been the same issue everywhere he's been. theres nothing tough about allowing 112+ point per 100 with Kanter on the floor.

    I agree Beasely is obviously not the long term answer at PF, we need more of a Taj GIbson, Dray, prime Noah, prime Kmart type.

    and BTW, Let opposing teams go into the post against KP, that's an inefficient shot, there's a reason teams don't post up anymore.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    26,234
    its not even "small ball",... KP is 7'3 240, there's never been a guy his size that played PF. Guys like Camby, Big Z were same size and played C in the 90's when bigs dominated the post. and im sure there's many more I can't think of,

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,064
    I'd love to see Perry work out a deal that gets the Wizards out of Otto Porters large contract so that they can afford to keep the up and coming 20 year old Oubre and gain a center who plays a lot like Gortat.

    Knicks trade Enes Kanter and Lance Thomas to the Wizards for Otto Porter..... salaries match and both teams get the player they need.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    26,234
    Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    I'd love to see Perry work out a deal that gets the Wizards out of Otto Porters large contract so that they can afford to keep the up and coming 20 year old Oubre and gain a center who plays a lot like Gortat.

    Knicks trade Enes Kanter and Lance Thomas to the Wizards for Otto Porter..... salaries match and both teams get the player they need.
    my god dude just stop... WSH isn't giving away their young core players for our garbage.

    Oubre for a 2 month rental of KOQ really?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •