Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang

Jets fire OC John Morton

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...or-john-morton

Interesting considering Haley just got fired from Pitt.

So unless want to hire Haley or Morton asked to go, it's strange timing.

I wonder if they felt his development of players was poor?

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

They probably felt that being 28th in offense was less than their expectations.

And callers at the FAN wanted Todd fired and John hired as the HC

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    They probably felt that being 28th in offense was less than their expectations.
    No doubt but why now and not after the last game?

Smells like a behind the scenes disaster.

I thought Morton did a great job this year. I was excited to see what he could do with talented players.

I wonder if it has anything to do with Gruden wanting him

Haley being fired by the Steelers one day and Jets fire Morton the next. I expect the Jets to name Haley OC.

I hope there was more to this. Even if it's dumb it'd be worse if this was not provoked by anything. No way it was based on last season with the talent we had last year, right?

Quote Originally Posted by aNYer View Post
    I hope there was more to this. Even if it's dumb it'd be worse if this was not provoked by anything. No way it was based on last season with the talent we had last year, right?
    Fall Guy.

Quote Originally Posted by aNYer View Post
    I read today that he and Bowles had some issues during the season and that players had an issue with him for and get this, "Morton's refusal to stress the running game."
    Now while I will admit that the Jets threw the ball more this year, they certainly seemed to run it plenty. So I would have to guess they didn't practice it enough and players felt it to be sloppy or dysfunctional.

I think the hire last year was one of some desperation and hope that a fresh new outlook would change things. I also wonder if a lack of development of players came to the forefront? Maybe Hack and Petty's lack of development is traced back to him. Maybe the performance and growth of young guys on the oline is being pinned on him. Who knows.

Anyway, apparently Haley to the Jets is not really a thing anymore. They might promote the QB coach.

when you have multiple games without a touchdown or even being able to score more then 20 points and actually getting shut out in a game im sure they started to look at him for that. plus I heard some of the players did not like him
    NY JETS .we just can't win the games we need to win
    NY Yankees
    NY Knicks
    LETS BALL!!!

2013 NFL PSD MOCK DRAFT:
    1ST RD PICK 9: KEKE MINGO OLB
    2nd rd pick: Giovanni Bernard rb
    3rd rd pick: Zac dysert Qb
    4th rd pick: xavier nixon Og
    5th rd pick: D.C jefferson Te
    6th rd pick: Sio Moore Lb

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
    Jets making change at OC: Johnny Morton is out, per sources. Two potential replacements: former Steelers’ OC Todd Haley and Jets’ QB coach Jeremy Bates, who was well liked and respected in building last year.

5:15 PM - Jan 17, 2018

This was the tweet from two weeks ago

@CoreyGriffinNBC
    Morton wasn't Bowles' first choice and he (someone) made that very clear late in the season and in the offseason. I don't necessarily agree with it, but the writing was on the wall

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Peter Schrager @PSchrags
    16h16 hours ago
    More
    Jets OC John Morton is out. 3 names to keep an eye on:

1. Jeremy Bates
    2. Todd Haley
    3. Eagles QB Coach John DeFillipo

@gmfb @NFLonFOX

Calvin Watkins @calvinwatkins
    16h16 hours ago
    More
    I asked a NFL executive if Todd Bowles and Todd Haley could work together and he said, "yes."

Brian Costello @BrianCoz
    Todd Bowles and Todd Haley worked together with the Cowboys in 2005-06. There is some familiarity there. Something to keep an eye on. #nyj

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast