Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 228
  1. #166
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    72,335
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    lolololololololol

    both undeclared... there is nothing to miss... it is the University of Florida

    What is funny is my daughter wasn't even considering going there but she knew it was hard for white females to get in and just wanted to prove a point... She lost a $10 bet to me because I said she wouldn't get in

    My daughter is attending Harvard in the fall .... she has been accepted at all 5 Ivy's she applied to.
    well there is her problem dude.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  2. #167
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    15,865
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    First Bolded: yes, we do:

    https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2018...ecome-citizens

    In fact, the entire debate on DACA is about giving them a path to citizenship.

    Second Bolded: I'm not saying this applies to you, but it's difficult for people to believe Republicans are not opposing immigration simply to block future voters when you and they propose things like restricting their voting rights even after they've been granted citizenship.
    That is only debate because people want to either enlarge a voter base or restrict a voter base...

    citizenship is irrelevant as long as they can become permanent residents... there is no need to make them citizens

  3. #168
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    15,865
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    perhaps her friend wasn't white?
    ssssshhhhh.... there must be some other explanation

    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

  4. #169
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    21,890
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    lolololololololol

    both undeclared... there is nothing to miss... it is the University of Florida

    What is funny is my daughter wasn't even considering going there but she knew it was hard for white females to get in and just wanted to prove a point... She lost a $10 bet to me because I said she wouldn't get in

    My daughter is attending Harvard in the fall .... she has been accepted at all 5 Ivy's she applied to.
    https://www.collegedata.com/cs/data/...l?schoolId=943

    https://www.collegefactual.com/colle...ife/diversity/

    56% of UF students are white and 54% of UF students are female.

    Statistically white females are the most populous demographic at UF. Needless to say, I highly doubt the accuracy of your story as presented.

    That aside, congratulations on your daughter's acceptance to Harvard. Maybe she can go to Law school there and become a schmuck attorney like Obama!

  5. #170
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    15,865
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    https://www.collegedata.com/cs/data/...l?schoolId=943

    https://www.collegefactual.com/colle...ife/diversity/

    56% of UF students are white and 54% of UF students are female.

    Statistically white females are the most populous demographic at UF. Needless to say, I highly doubt the accuracy of your story as presented.

    That aside, congratulations on your daughter's acceptance to Harvard. Maybe she can go to Law school there and become a schmuck attorney like Obama!
    omfg... you don't get it ... white female representation has nothing to do with qualifications... if it was a blind application white females would be around 80% of the University females and whites overall would be roughly the same.

    that is the ****ing point... I said that it was harder for white females to get in ... that has nothing to do with your statistics

  6. #171
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    21,890
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    omfg... you don't get it ... white female representation has nothing to do with qualifications... if it was a blind application white females would be around 80% of the University females and whites overall would be roughly the same.

    that is the ****ing point... I said that it was harder for white females to get in ... that has nothing to do with your statistics
    I do get it, you are using terrible logic to try and make a point. First, you have no idea if it would be 80% white females at the university, that is complete conjecture. Second, you can't say it's difficult for white females to get into a University where the largest sector of the student body is white females... how did they get in? Third, are you seriously going to try and tell me that all the white females currently enrolled in UF had over a 4.45 GPA and were accepted to Ivy League schools? Because if you want to make that claim let me save us all some time and just preemptively call you a liar.

    Your ****ing point was that it's so hard for a white female to get into UF and a vastly underqualified minority will get in over one. Except a ton of white females made it into UF, so how did they do it? Were they minority white females?

  7. #172
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    72,335
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    https://www.collegedata.com/cs/data/...l?schoolId=943

    https://www.collegefactual.com/colle...ife/diversity/

    56% of UF students are white and 54% of UF students are female.Statistically white females are the most populous demographic at UF. Needless to say, I highly doubt the accuracy of your story as presented.

    That aside, congratulations on your daughter's acceptance to Harvard. Maybe she can go to Law school there and become a schmuck attorney like Obama!
    well the female portion matches up with demographics, but the white sure doesn't.

    That was his point. Fair or not, being white can be a disadvantage in certain areas. College admittance to state schools (hell most) is absolutely one of them.

    Considering the plight of being a minority, sure, this seems very small a complaint. But it's just a reality at this point.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  8. #173
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    21,890
    And to put this partisan anecdote in the grave:

    http://www.alligator.org/news/campus...64bb3f0f4.html

    UF is prohibited by the Florida Board of Governors to consider race in admissions, even as one of many factors in holistic review,” UF spokeswoman Janine Sikes wrote in an email.

    According to UF law professor Darren Hutchinson, race cannot be the predominant factor for admission.


    http://www.ir.ufl.edu/OIRApps/common...admission.aspx

    The UF website even lists race as "not considered" when applying for admission.

    Not only that, as of 2015 black students at UF is actually down:

    http://www.gainesville.com/article/L.../604153042/GS/


    So needless to say, there are some factors in this story we are not getting, because it simply does not comport with reality as presented.

  9. #174
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    21,890
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    well the female portion matches up with demographics, but the white sure doesn't.

    That was his point. Fair or not, being white can be a disadvantage in certain areas. College admittance to state schools (hell most) is absolutely one of them.

    Considering the plight of being a minority, sure, this seems very small a complaint. But it's just a reality at this point.
    First Bolded: If you use the entire US as a demographic base. However Florida is a highly diverse state comparatively:

    https://statisticalatlas.com/state/F...-and-Ethnicity

    57% of Florida is white alone. So yes, even then the demographics of white students at UF is proportional to the state of Florida.

    second Bolded: See above post. University of Florida is prohibited from considering race in admissions.

    Whatever his point was, it is wrong.
    Last edited by valade16; 02-13-2018 at 04:38 PM.

  10. #175
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    15,865
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I do get it, you are using terrible logic to try and make a point. First, you have no idea if it would be 80% white females at the university, that is complete conjecture. Second, you can't say it's difficult for white females to get into a University where the largest sector of the student body is white females... how did they get in? Third, are you seriously going to try and tell me that all the white females currently enrolled in UF had over a 4.45 GPA and were accepted to Ivy League schools? Because if you want to make that claim let me save us all some time and just preemptively call you a liar.

    Your ****ing point was that it's so hard for a white female to get into UF and a vastly underqualified minority will get in over one. Except a ton of white females made it into UF, so how did they do it? Were they minority white females?
    oh boy ... you don't get it... my daughter knows at least (current count) 9 white females from her class who were way more qualified than her friend that also didn't get in who also got into Ivy league schools (3 of them)

    I will just chalk up your ignorance to what goes on in the process to your bias

    I haven't seen a rationale from you on why her friend got in though... why do you think she got in?

    I listed the most important criteria the school uses... what is different between them?

    Is it that one box they check off on the application?

    I will say this though ... the bolded is definitely illuminating on how you and most on the far left reason...

  11. #176
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    15,865
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    First Bolded: If you use the entire US as a demographic base. However Florida is a highly diverse state comparatively:

    https://statisticalatlas.com/state/F...-and-Ethnicity

    57% of Florida is white alone. So yes, even then the demographics of white students at UF is proportional to the state of Florida.

    second Bolded: See above post. University of Florida is prohibited from considering race in admissions.

    Whatever his point was, it is wrong.
    lololololololololololololololol


    keep em coming

    the universities ethnic make up is more important than the candidates qualifications

    Oh **** this is good

  12. #177
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    21,890
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    oh boy ... you don't get it... my daughter knows at least (current count) 9 white females from her class who were way more qualified than her friend that also didn't get in who also got into Ivy league schools (3 of them)

    I will just chalk up your ignorance to what goes on in the process to your bias

    I haven't seen a rationale from you on why her friend got in though... why do you think she got in?

    I listed the most important criteria the school uses... what is different between them?

    Is it that one box they check off on the application?

    I will say this though ... the bolded is definitely illuminating on how you and most on the far left reason...
    No, you don't. I posted all the links.

    FACT: UF is prohibited from considering race in their applications

    FACT: UF's white enrollment is roughly proportional the white population in Florida.


    I am not ignorant, you appear to be lying.


    I will say your entire story is illuminating on how you and most of the far right reason, you ignore facts that contradict your point and make **** up. Sorry, I'm not buying it.

  13. #178
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    21,890
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    lololololololololololololololol

    keep em coming

    the universities ethnic make up is more important than the candidates qualifications

    Oh **** this is good
    I just posted showing the universities ethnic makeup is not considered in admission.

    I think you are now overcompensating for the fact I caught you in a lie.

  14. #179
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    72,335
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    First Bolded: If you use the entire US as a demographic base. However Florida is a highly diverse state comparatively:

    https://statisticalatlas.com/state/F...-and-Ethnicity

    57% of Florida is white alone. So yes, even then the demographics of white students at UF is proportional to the state of Florida.

    second Bolded: See above post. University of Florida is prohibited from considering race in admissions.

    Whatever his point was, it is wrong.
    makes sense then, that would go along demographics.

    to your second point, do they have "what is your race (or whatever framed question it may be)" entirely removed from the application? Example-I have filled out a lot of job applications recently, and they all ask. Every one of them. You can choose, "I choose not to identify", but "White, African American, etc", are also options.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  15. #180
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    72,335
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    oh boy ... you don't get it... my daughter knows at least (current count) 9 white females from her class who were way more qualified than her friend that also didn't get in who also got into Ivy league schools (3 of them)

    I will just chalk up your ignorance to what goes on in the process to your bias

    I haven't seen a rationale from you on why her friend got in though... why do you think she got in?

    I listed the most important criteria the school uses... what is different between them?

    Is it that one box they check off on the application?

    I will say this though ... the bolded is definitely illuminating on how you and most on the far left reason...
    vlade is an excellent poster. One that I am careful with, because if you reach and post an argument with no basis, you can be made a fool. However, as with a few others here, the relentless attached articles go well past their point. You can find anything to make a point. However, you can also just be a generalization mofo, and go with stereotypes as facts, which is far worse.

    The biggest flaw I always see with the far left, is they leave out human nature entirely. Like they don't understand it or something. It always has been, and always will be, their fatal flaw in arguments.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •