Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Cubs re-sign P Brian Duensing: 2 yrs, $7 mil

#FlyTheW
    2016 World Series Champions!!!

That should be it for our bullpen portion of the team. Still need at least one more starter

#FlyTheW

I was kinda hoping for Tony Watson to get that last BP spot, but Duensing isn't bad either.

Good stuff. Potentially great value if he can repeat his performance from last year.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Good stuff. Potentially great value if he can repeat his performance from last year.
    For sure. He was really good last season, was a nice surprise.
    Think they are done w the pen now, plenty of good arms. Just have to see how they shake out once the season starts.

Quote Originally Posted by davearm View Post
    I was kinda hoping for Tony Watson to get that last BP spot, but Duensing isn't bad either.
    Yeah same here. Either Watson or Siegrist but I don't hate the idea of bringing Duensing back.

Quote Originally Posted by ILMindState View Post
    Yeah same here. Either Watson or Siegrist but I don't hate the idea of bringing Duensing back.
    To be fair, his performance last year was way better than anything either of them had done since 2015 (albeit, I’m still a believer that Watson has more baseball in him too). I’m expecting regression from Duensing this year but yeah he’s a good pitcher in his own right and a good emergency policy in case Wilson ***** the bed again this year.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    To be fair, his performance last year was way better than anything either of them had done since 2015 (albeit, I’m still a believer that Watson has more baseball in him too). I’m expecting regression from Duensing this year but yeah he’s a good pitcher in his own right and a good emergency policy in case Wilson ***** the bed again this year.
    Yup, but I don't know if Duensing can repeat his performance from last year and I think Watson is due for a bounce back. But I don't really have anything to base this off of other than just guessing based on how random relievers can be so I'm not that upset about it. The FO and coaches must have seen something they liked from him from the past year so I'm sure he'll be just fine for his role. It's just nice to see that we made a move.

Duensing is good representation of the Cubs bullpen, solid if not spectacular

Best offseason ever!!!!! wooooo hooooooooo

The ONLY hashtag that even matters now...
    #SBCHAMPS

#15Points, #Steamrolled, #NotEvenCapable, #SeasonsOver, #WellDeserved, #YouWon’tBeatATL, #YouWon’tBeatMIN, #YouWon’tBeatNE, #Blowout, #Classless, #Trash, #7YearsAway, #Can’tRun, #Overrated, #BulletinBoard, #StoryTime, #Underdogs, #Snoozefest, #LeakedParade, #NotInTheSameUniverse
    #FreeGreenMonster

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Best offseason ever!!!!! wooooo hooooooooo

#FlyTheW

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    I'm just soooooo bored. Ugh.

Luckily the Eagles going to the SB is keeping me sane.

#SBCHAMPS

#15Points, #Steamrolled, #NotEvenCapable, #SeasonsOver, #WellDeserved, #YouWon’tBeatATL, #YouWon’tBeatMIN, #YouWon’tBeatNE, #Blowout, #Classless, #Trash, #7YearsAway, #Can’tRun, #Overrated, #BulletinBoard, #StoryTime, #Underdogs, #Snoozefest, #LeakedParade, #NotInTheSameUniverse
    #FreeGreenMonster

That’s if they get there...

#FlyTheW

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    That’s if they get there...
    Pft.

#SBCHAMPS

#FreeGreenMonster

It has been a very slow off season. However, no other team is really doing a lot either. So I am not discouraged by the Cubs off season yet. Yes, I am bored however.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast