Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jaguars

7 41.18%
  • Patriots

10 58.82%
Page 42 of 46 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    That's not the point. The point is by blowing the play dead the refs took away any chance of it being ruled not down by contact and a possible TD. That type of play is let go all the time because it was already ruled a turnover which means automatic review.

Whether or not he was down by contact, which isn't even a sure thing, does not matter here.

I'll repeat, because the play was being reviewed anyway, THE ONLY REASON TO BLOW IT DEAD WAS TO ENSURE THERE WAS NO CHANCE AT A TD, AND THEY SUCCEEDED.
    Haven't the refs been instructed specifically not to blow the play dead on this exact situation specifically for that reason?
    First 4 years:
    Brown - 54 GP, 27 GS, 261 catches (63.3%) for 3,561 yds (8.6 AVG), 15 TD
    Landry - 64 GP, 57 GS, 400 catches (70.2%) for 4,038 yds (10.1 AVG), 22 TD

Huh. Wonder why Landry is getting paid so much...

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    Haven't the refs been instructed specifically not to blow the play dead on this exact situation specifically for that reason?
    Yes. It was a point of emphasis from the league office about 3-4 years ago after something very similar happened.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    I have a big issue with the Gronk hit. You can clearly see that Church (IIRC it was him) turned his body and led with his shoulder but Gronk led with his helmet and initiated the contact. I wonder if we will ever see a league where the offensive player is penalized in that scenario.

It's really not fair to the defender who appeared to take caution and try to do everything right.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    Dude, Gronk got hit right after catching the ball. Pretty much as soon as his feet landed. He turned to look at the defender and got clocked. He didnít initiate the contact. Thatís ****ing nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Green_Monster View Post
    Dude, Gronk got hit right after catching the ball. Pretty much as soon as his feet landed. He turned to look at the defender and got clocked. He didnít initiate the contact. Thatís ****ing nuts.
    Maybe initiated isn't the right word but it was incidental contact that the defender tried to do everything by the book to avoid. He literally turned his body to the side and led with his shoulder to dislodge the ball. The only reason the helmets collided is because of natural momentum of a bang-bang play.

I don't feel the defender (team) should be penalized in those instances.

What is Church doing wrong here?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by WOwolfOL; 01-22-2018 at 04:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg:32119196
    Yes. It was a point of emphasis from the league office about 3-4 years ago after something very similar happened.
    Those rules don't apply when it can potentially hurt the Patriots. It's mind boggling that Pats fans won't admit it.

If it were my team getting all the favoritism, I'd be like, well I agree it was ******** and they are being favored, but it won't make me stop rooting for them. It is what it is...

But Pats fans just straight up deny that calls are not being made against them and calls being overturned in their favor. They are so ****ing delusional. It's maddening.

The Church play didn't look intentional at all. It was obvious he led in with his shoulder and not his head.

Ramsey PI was obviously a penalty. But the Bouye play was not PI.

There was no reason for the play to be called dead after Jack's recovered the fumble. As stated above, it's already going to get reviewed. And as also stated, they've been instructed not to call it dead since it's going to get reviewed anyway. If it doesn't get blown dead, it's most likely a TD for the Jags and a huge momentum shift.

I have no idea why they were so less aggressive on offense in the second half. They needed to keep attacking through the air and they didn't. Also, they switched to a lot of zone in the second half on defense and I don't understand that either. They covered Amendola a lot better in man.

All in all, I'm so happy my Jags went from 3 wins last year to AFC championship game this year. But it was absolute ******** that somehow, only 1 penalty was called against New England.
    Nothing to see here, move along.

Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    Seemed like the game was a good representation of the NFL's viewership troubles.

Luckily no "was it a catch or not" problems, but most of the fans watching believe bad calls changed the outcome of the game. Whether right or wrong, the perception held by those fans is a problem.

I myself didn't bother watching the Eagles Vikings game afterward. Didn't see the point anymore. People at the bar were talking about not watching the Superbowl due to not wanting to see the Patriots again.

Now those TVs at the bar will still be tuned in regardless, so who knows what actual impact would be had on viewing numbers.
    Iím skipping it myself. Just so burned out on Pats. Might as well watch the nba. Really wish Wentz wasnít injured.

Past two years we were crazy cause some said the league is after the team and what not. This year the league is pushing them to win. PSD at it's finest

Every game has botched calls. Get the tuck over it

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    One More Time

The Gronk hit was a legal hit but I have no problem with them calling a flag on it because plays like that get flagged in todays NFL regardless of who it is

the plays that really screwed the Jags were the holding call not called on the Pats on the final 1st down run and the Myles Jack play. that was going to be a TD by Myles

Pats have played in probably 6 of the greatest SBs of all time and then another one that was only a 3 point margin. You might be bored it's the same team in the game every other year but if you actually find watching the SBs they've played boring you're not a football fan really.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Pats have played in probably 6 of the greatest SBs of all time and then another one that was only a 3 point margin. You might be bored it's the same team in the game every other year but if you actually find watching the SBs they've played boring you're not a football fan really.
    A lot of top ten lists have at least five of there super bowls in the top ten haha

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightbottle View Post
    A lot of top ten lists have at least five of there super bowls in the top ten haha

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk
    Exactly. Look I get someone saying that it's lame the same team goes every other year practically. But the NE SBs have been, and i think we can say this objectively, some of the greatest sporting events ever played. So to get on here and ***** and complain that you don't want to watch because you're tired of seeing NE there is ridiculous to me. Only the PHI SB wasn't really thrilling. And PHI still had the ball with a chance to tie/take the lead - it just wasn't a back and forth affair like the others. So IDK how anyone can say that watching NE in the SB has been boring or something they don't want to watch. Again, I get being annoyed that they made it again but the idea that you're gonna protest the game because of it is absurd to me lol

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Exactly. Look I get someone saying that it's lame the same team goes every other year practically. But the NE SBs have been, and i think we can say this objectively, some of the greatest sporting events ever played. So to get on here and ***** and complain that you don't want to watch because you're tired of seeing NE there is ridiculous to me. Only the PHI SB wasn't really thrilling. And PHI still had the ball with a chance to tie/take the lead - it just wasn't a back and forth affair like the others. So IDK how anyone can say that watching NE in the SB has been boring or something they don't want to watch. Again, I get being annoyed that they made it again but the idea that you're gonna protest the game because of it is absurd to me lol
    NE deserves a ton of credit for sustaining such a high level of excellent for the past ~15 years. As a fan of another team though, it does get old seeing them in it every single year. If it were my team having that success, of course it would be awesome. Nobody blames Pats fans for loving it, but it can get old for the rest of us.
    Same thing with LeBron led teams and GSW in the NBA. It's the same thing every single year. No excitement and can pretty much tell how the season will play out before it even starts.
    That said, I'm likely pulling for NE this year bc Philly fans, here and in general, are a terrible group of human beings.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Yep, the last two Super Bowls with the Patriots were all-time great.

I don't understand why people complain about Super Bowl match-ups anyway. It's not like you've got a say in who goes. Before the championship games another common complaint was that we were going to possibly see Bortles and either Keenum or Foles in the Super Bowl. Which was Super Yucky apparently. Then SB 50 had the Broncos instead of the Patriots for a change, facing a very exciting Panthers team and many complained how boring it was that the game was a defensive affair.

You could pick two random teams and people would complain.

Ref's were fine - for the most part they let both teams play.

Biggest penalty was the delay of game. Can't blame the ref's for that one.

I don't think the Gronk hit was dirty but is for sure penalty in todays NFL.

Page 42 of 46 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast