Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

What the heck is wrong with Markelle Fultz?

We keep hearing he's not injured but that his shot mechanics are not the same they were in college. At one point I heard he was shooting left handed it was so bad. So do you guys think its mental or perhaps was he graded too high after one year of college?
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-16-2018 at 12:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    We keep hearing he's not injured but that his shot mechanics are not the same they were in college. At one point I heard he was shooting left handed it was so bad. So do you guys think its mental or perhaps was he graded too high after one year of college?
    He's injured. They're trying to get his arm healthy and his shot mechanics fixed:
    When asked whether Fultz must be 100 percent physically to return to the court, Brown gave a telling response.
    “What he needs … to be, is able to shoot a basketball,” Brown said. “I don’t know what percent we will apply to that comment.”
    Brown said he has been pleased with Fultz’s progress at the foul line, but the rest of his outside shooting apparently is a major work in progress.
    “He needs to feel like he can go shoot a basketball, and I think to just render it that the foul shot is pretty good, and it is, and only go that far without talking about some of the other pieces,” Brown said. “It’s not what we are looking at, and I know he isn’t looking at that.”
    Fultz, who spoke briefly with reporters last week when the Sixers lost a 114-103 decision on Thursday to the Boston Celtics in London, has generally not been made available to the media, and likely won’t be until he is able to return to game action.
    Marc Narducci, The Philadelphia Inquierer

hes not injured (this was never an injury), the imbalance has been corrected since about a week or so ago. This is bizarre and now annoying. Even Coach Brown seems frustrated with the whole thing, he said that his FT form looks fine now but he still cant take a jumper outside of 10 feet. He really needs to get his **** together bcuz we need him on the court.
    2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
    WE ALL WE NEED. WE ALL WE GOT.

So now he was never injured? So, what, it's all mental?

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Lol

Heyyyyyy man, you saved me an infraction with your post!

Like Donny Trump is doing for America after a brutal 8 years, I am making PSD Great Again One Post at a time, doe!!

One Big A-- (8 year) Mistake America. Coincidence? I think not.

This has got to suck for 76ers fans. They get all excited draft time to move up and get a PG and now the kid isn't playing.

He's not injured? Wtf?! He needs to retire he's washed.
    RIP lol, please!

8/1/2011 - 01/28/2018

You may not be with us anymore but your name, legacy, and what you stood for will last forever!

So another guy I know and I have a theory:
    Markelle is known to love two things outside of basketball: BMX and Chic-fil-A.

So we got this three pronged theory - He's eaten a ton of Chic-fil-A, enough so that his nutrition was likely off, and that when he worked out he didn't get the proper recovery. We talked about how he either needs to cut it out of his diet, eat like the grilled nuggets with a fruit bowl and water, or make it a special treat he gets like 2 times a month and go to town on it.

Part 2 - He's never really had someone who knows what they are doing in the weight room work with him. It ties into part one. He's never had someone focus on his physical form, and it shows right away with the imbalance. He's going to need time in the weight room working on the form of his training along with the actual increased weights. He's still experiencing soreness so clearly there's still an issue there.

Part 3 - The biggie, the more guessing in this: He had an offseason accident while riding a BMX bike and there's a coverup going on. Why do we thing this? His refusal to pull that arm up that high isn't a sign of muscular imbalance to him (he's a physical therapist and works with people with that type of injury). He thinks this looks more like a bone bruise or possible partial rotator cuff tare. So our speculation was that he hurt himself riding BMX, it was covered up with the "changing shooting form", and now they are trying to see if he can play through something that really needs surgery by doing PT.

PROCESSING

there was a muscle imbalance in his shoulder. i dont think thats really an injury though, at least not to me. At this point it seems to be mental since the imbalance is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post

So we got this three pronged theory - He's eaten a ton of Chic-fil-A, enough so that his nutrition was likely off, and that when he worked out he didn't get the proper recovery. We talked about how he either needs to cut it out of his diet, eat like the grilled nuggets with a fruit bowl and water, or make it a special treat he gets like 2 times a month and go to town on it.

Part 2 - He's never really had someone who knows what they are doing in the weight room work with him. It ties into part one. He's never had someone focus on his physical form, and it shows right away with the imbalance. He's going to need time in the weight room working on the form of his training along with the actual increased weights. He's still experiencing soreness so clearly there's still an issue there.

Part 3 - The biggie, the more guessing in this: He had an offseason accident while riding a BMX bike and there's a coverup going on. Why do we thing this? His refusal to pull that arm up that high isn't a sign of muscular imbalance to him (he's a physical therapist and works with people with that type of injury). He thinks this looks more like a bone bruise or possible partial rotator cuff tare. So our speculation was that he hurt himself riding BMX, it was covered up with the "changing shooting form", and now they are trying to see if he can play through something that really needs surgery by doing PT.
    youre thinking way too much

To be fair to Fultz, if you don't love Chick-fil-a I will question you. Its borderline insanity not to love Chick Fil A

Like Donny Trump is doing for America after a brutal 8 years, I am making PSD Great Again One Post at a time, doe!!

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    To be fair to Fultz, if you don't love Chick-fil-a I will question you. Its borderline insanity not to love Chick Fil A
    I could take it or leave it.

PROCESSING

I could take it or leave it.
    If I'm fultz and the 76ers are telling me not to eat Chick Fil A, I'd be like "I demand a trade mother****er." and leave it at that. See who budges first.

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    If I'm fultz and the 76ers are telling me not to eat Chick Fil A, I'd be like "I demand a trade mother****er." and leave it at that. See who budges first.
    Sure because that's a reasonable response.

PROCESSING

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast