Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Today shined light on

How insanely stupid it is to judge QBs by superbowls.... Brees put his team in the best position possible with one of the best 2nd halves you will ever see.... Ben had one of the best QB days ever and Keenum/Bortles who were subpar are advancing..... Both of these performances were against the 2 best defenses in the sport.

Maybe just maybe defense is the most important aspect of a team and in fact a QBs best weapon

It is absolutely stupid. Unfortunately a lot of people are idiots.

In fact, judging them on playoff performances without a large sample size is dunce worthy as well.
    Last edited by blams; 01-15-2018 at 03:03 AM.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    How insanely stupid it is to judge QBs by superbowls.... Brees put his team in the best position possible with one of the best 2nd halves you will ever see.... Ben had one of the best QB days ever and Keenum/Bortles who were subpar are advancing..... Both of these performances were against the 2 best defenses in the sport.

Maybe just maybe defense is the most important aspect of a team and in fact a QBs best weapon
    Please elaborate what made Roethlisberger's and Brees's perfomance so much better than Bortles' and Keenum's.

The first two committed two turnovers each that directly contributed to their teams losing.

I'm fairly certain Antonio Brown is his QB's best weapon, in that he gets open deep and makes ridiculous catches.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Please elaborate what made Roethlisberger's and Brees's perfomance so much better than Bortles' and Keenum's.

The first two committed two turnovers each that directly contributed to their teams losing.

I'm fairly certain Antonio Brown is his QB's best weapon, in that he gets open deep and makes ridiculous catches.
    Or Thielen+Diggs coming down with prayers thrown up by Keenum?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    Or Thielen+Diggs coming down with prayers thrown up by Keenum?!?!
    Sure.

But does that mean he doesn't deserve credit as the QB for the team winning a playoff game?

Or let the loss tarnish Brees' record? He played so well for an entire half of that game.
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 01-15-2018 at 06:20 AM.

if you honestly need someone to explain and or elaborate on that then there is no point going forward at all. Not only were their performances so far and away better but they came against the 2 best defenses in the NFL.... The vikings did not give up more points in a game at home if i remember correctly and brees put up those points in the 2nd half.

Sure.

But does that mean he doesn't deserve credit as the QB for the team winning a playoff game?

Or let the loss tarnish Brees' record? He played so well for an entire half of that game.
    it means his team won and both he and bortles didnt hurt the team but wasnt the main factor let alone the secondary factor in winning where is brees/ben did every single thing in their power and lost the game.... sure keenum and bortles deserve some credit but neither were in the same universe today performance wise as ben or brees and neither played the defense of the vikings/jags

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJzpoj_NxqQ

Goddammit why couldnt brees be out there on defense... WHY?

Say what you want but Keenum led his team to victory with just a few seconds left. That pass was beautiful to Diggs.

Also he doesnt throw up prayers, those plays have been made all year. He puts trust in his wr's and puts the ball where they can catch it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

If you cant beat them, join them

if you honestly need someone to explain and or elaborate on that then there is no point going forward at all. Not only were their performances so far and away better but they came against the 2 best defenses in the NFL.... The vikings did not give up more points in a game at home if i remember correctly and brees put up those points in the 2nd half.
    it means his team won and both he and bortles didnt hurt the team but wasnt the main factor let alone the secondary factor in winning where is brees/ben did every single thing in their power and lost the game.... sure keenum and bortles deserve some credit but neither were in the same universe today performance wise as ben or brees and neither played the defense of the vikings/jags
    Obviously it's clear who the better QBs are considering their entire careers, but yesterday I honestly believe Bortles was better than Roethlisberger, and Keenum better than Brees.

Ben threw several awesome deep passes; I give him credit for that. But these still required someone -- mostly Antonio Brown -- to get open against the Jaguars CBs, and Roethlisberger's poor play to start out the game was a big reason why the Steelers were down 21-0 at one point and necessitated those desperation throws.

Brees had one good half and that's it.

Of course both QBs went up against great defenses. Beating great defenses is supposed to be difficult and requires great QB performances to do so. They didn't deliver.

Also in today's NFL with limited resources due to the salary cap, free agency and the draft, building a great defense almost always comes at the expense of having playmakers on offense. When you've got Brown, Bell, Thomas and Kamara/Ingram, plus the respective OLs making their QBs look great, you can't simply turn around and blame the defense when they lose.

Most people have made up their mind about Bortles and Keenum already. But they don't just have great defenses, they are also both surrounded by the best offensive talent they've had in their respective careers. So while, yes, obviously QBs need a good team to win playoff games, that doesn't make the opposite true. Good QBs don't only lose playoff games if their team isn't good. Brees and Roethlisberger didn't live up to expectations yesterday, but their teams are still very close to the talent level of the Jaguars and Vikings. The two QBs didn't "do every single thing in their power" -- their turnovers directly contributed to their teams' loss.
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 01-15-2018 at 07:28 AM.

Obviously it's clear who the better QBs are considering their entire careers, but yesterday I honestly believe Bortles was better than Roethlisberger, and Keenum better than Brees.

Ben threw several awesome deep passes; I give him credit for that. But these still required someone -- mostly Antonio Brown -- to get open against the Jaguars CBs, and Roethlisberger's poor play to start out the game was a big reason why the Steelers were down 21-0 at one point and necessitated those desperation throws.

Brees had one good half and that's it.

Of course both QBs went up against great defenses. Beating great defenses is supposed to be difficult and requires great QB performances to do so. They didn't deliver.

Also in today's NFL with limited resources due to the salary cap, free agency and the draft, building a great defense almost always comes at the expense of having playmakers on offense. When you've got Brown, Bell, Thomas and Kamara/Ingram, plus the respective OLs making their QBs look great, you can't simply turn around and blame the defense when they lose.

Most people have made up their mind about Bortles and Keenum already. But they don't just have great defenses, they are also both surrounded by the best offensive talent they've had in their respective careers. So while, yes, obviously QBs need a good team to win playoff games, that doesn't make the opposite true. Good QBs don't only lose playoff games if their team isn't good. Brees and Roethlisberger didn't live up to expectations yesterday, but their teams are still very close to the talent level of the Jaguars and Vikings. Those two QBs didn't "do everything they could"; their turnovers directly contributed to their teams' loss.
    i honestly cant even believe you believe that... So let me ask... If the saints defender tackles diggs right then and there does that mean Brees now had the better day because he won??????????? my god.

i honestly cant even believe you believe that... So let me ask... If the saints defender tackles diggs right then and there does that mean Brees now had the better day because he won??????????? my god.
    Marcus Williams' missed tackle decided the game, but it's one of many things you could change and turn the game into a Saints victory. Like Brees's interception in the red zone. Same with Roethlisberger's fumble that was returned for a TD.

Brees played "one of the best 2nd halves you will ever see" -- if I didn't know you, I'd think you were joking. He put up a big fat 0 in the first half. That averages out to a mediocre game.

If you turned Brown and Bell into several talented defenders, Ben would throw about 3 fewer TDs.

Nevermind that Brees and Roethlisberger cost about the same against the salary cap as Bortles or Keenum plus two good free agents. If you cost that much you have to deliver accordingly. Not putting blame on the QBs for these playoff losses is a silly notion.
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 01-15-2018 at 11:41 AM.

I do think a good qb is a good and you know it when you watch them play.They might suffer from bad coaching staffs or bad personel or both but they fairly easy to spot compared to the poorer qbs that populate the NFL.Keenum and Bortles really have stepped it up this season but I think we will need a bigger sample of their improvement beyond this year or this play off to say they are in the same grouping as Rothlisberger or Brees regardless of how this play off season ends.

Rings matter to a certain degree, we can't just dismiss it. What matters more though, is how the qb played in clutch games/situations. Playing great and losing, helps ones case too. Weather conditions factor in the assessment in some of these post season games, and the strength of the defensive opposition.

I mean defense has always been important, anyone who says it isn't doesn't watch football.

QB performance absolutely matters. Keenum and Bortles played pretty well. Meanwhile both Ben and Brees put their teams in a bad spot before half times. They are great QB's and had great second halves each, but if it wasn't for their poor play in the first half their respective teams wouldn't have needed out of worldly performances to make it a game and come up short in the end.

QB performance absolutely still matters. That said, rings aren't the end all be all. But they certainly mean something. PIT and NO probably had the 2 worst defenses left in the playoffs so that required near perfect play from their QB's. They didn't get that level of play for 60 minutes and they both lost.

City of Champions

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast