Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Saints 2018 Offseason Thread

Why wait?

What the Saints need to do:

1) Let Brees go and take their chances with Daniel or Hill while they find the next QB. He will cost the team with a $18M cap hit regardless.

2) Draft another CB. I think Lattimore will be a #2 , if trash like Thielen beats him. No one else in the secondary is any good.

3) Draft more O-linemen. Armstead is always hurt, and they need more depth.

4) Improve the D-line. It was Jordan by himself. Wasting his career.

5) Get rid of Snead and Coleman and find some actual WRs.

6) Release Fleener and draft a TE who can make an impact.

7) Actually improve special teams.

8) Explore trading Ingram or even Kamara. I lost a lot of faith in both. Sell high.

Quote Originally Posted by iamaj:32101265
    Why wait?
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

9) Find another safety. Vaccaro will be too expensive, and Williams might be mentally done.

Quote Originally Posted by iamaj View Post

1) Let Brees go and take their chances with Daniel or Hill while they find the next QB. He will cost the team with a $18M cap hit regardless.

2) Draft another CB. I think Lattimore will be a #2 , if trash like Thielen beats him. No one else in the secondary is any good.

8) Explore trading Ingram or even Kamara. I lost a lot of faith in both. Sell high.
    Some of these yes and other no

Brees is the franchise keep him a Saint until he retires. Daniels and Hill at QB and this is a 4 win team.

I am not against getting another CB. Lattimore plays well but Crawley I want to kick in the head at times.

O-line and D-line at no point can you have too much

Snead and Coleman are dead to me I have said this plenty of times that the Saints just do not have weapons on offense. The ball is going to Ginn or Thomas at WR and that is it. TE is non existent which they will have to look into somehow because I don't think there is another Njoku, Howard or Engram in this draft class.

Feel bad for Lutz but you have to make that kick. Imagine if the Saints had a kicker like Justin Tucker who makes your team in FG range as soon as he hits the parking lot? As always I am down for kicker options and Lutz is not a bad kicker.

I was high on getting rid of Ingram last year. I like how Kamara and Ingram compliment each other besides that I wouldn't mess with any of the depth I wouldn't want Edmunds out there. Whatever happened to Lasco? I don't think you get great value on a trade just because teams could look at it like a scheme thing that they played so well.
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

Add Jarvis Landry to the offense and replace Kenny with Eric Reid. Draft well and i think this solves everything

I looked at three mock draft sites (Scott Wright's Draft Countdown, Charlie Campbell and WalterFootball.com)
    obviously I would love for the Saints to get Arden Key. However, I would be okay with either pick with our 1st pick as all areas of need.

Arden Key, DE, L.S.U.
    Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville
    Ronnie Harrison, S, Alabama

Let's keep Drew for another year, two if we draft Jackson. Trade Vaccaro for a 2nd round pick in the 2018 draft. More than likely Vaccaro would bring a third or fourth round pick.

Draft a WR, TE, OL and bring in OL in free agency. Free agency / Draft for lesser areas of need and depth. I really trust Ireland after two really good drafts.

Keep the core of the team together and YES that includes Marcus Williams.

I'd pass on Jackson in the first. Not sold on him.

A DE? Sign me up! I want more pass rush.

Vaccaro is a FA, so he can't be traded.

No No No on Lamar Jackson.

I would gladly take a DE in the first. Like I mentioned you can never have too much O-line or D-line

Jarvis Landry is going to want to get PAID. He is a possession WR so it would fit with the Saints but there are other teams out there that have tons of cap space such as SF and Cleveland.
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

Landry is a nice extra piece for a team with a ton of cap space. Sadly, the Saints don't have a lot especially if they re-sign Brees (I think Vaccaro walks).

I would easily let Vaccaro walk if it opened up more money to lay out the sliver lining to keep Brees a Saint until he reaches the HOF.

I am less and less on the Brees train, but he likely is the best option unless the Saints can truly be a "pound the rock" team (they can't).

Maybe if they get some more talent at WR and TE, I'd have more faith in him. He did nothing against a top defense until they sat in zone coverage. On the other side, Pittsburgh put up 42 on Jacksonville (I know they didn't win, but that's a good showing against an elite defense). Either he can't do it or lacks the weapons. I hope it's the latter.

Saints could look into trading RB- Mark Ingram to Miami to swap 1st rd picks to draft OKL QB- Baker Mayfield. Draft a RB like USC- Ronald Jones(if he fall), LSU- Williams, Georgia- Chubbs, or Bama- Scarbrough(last option)
    OR
    stay put and draft LOU QB- Lamar Jackson and let him learn from Drew Brees after resigning him to a 2yr deal.

SAINTS needs are:
    QB-(Drew is old, and his floating balls shows it. Allen and Mayfield are my guys)
    WR-(we really need a #2 WR. Sutton is my guy but it must be a Devery Henderson type to fit our system)
    TE-(Fleener must go! FAs? Jimmy Graham as a 3rd discount being he's past his prime) Draft South Dakota TE- Dallas Goedert!
    OT-(Armstead injuries and Oline injuries across the board all yr)
    MLB-(Teo at 26yr did a good job, but we really need a playmaker/game changer at MLB)
    SS-(might let Vac walk, in comes Bama Fitzgerald)
    CB-(never could have enough CB, even though Crawley did great in the Redzone)
    WDE- Speed pass rusher needed badly; unless Muhammad fills that void
    Last edited by BIGBREED; 02-24-2018 at 10:46 AM.
    I officially now have a "Stephen" following me!

From my Stephen-
    "Ya damn near ran one of the most ride or die for the Saint fans on here. But that's ok, all that gon change!"
    "I'm gon get with ya every time u try to disrespect other Saints fans!"
    "I wish he opens his mouth!"
    "It's a new day Saints Forum!"

http://youtu.be/7AjWj91B7fo

Time Will Tell My Accuracy's

Alex Smith getting $23.5M a season and Cousins is about to get $28M-30M a season. That means Brees could get really tricky to keep unless he comes at a discount.

The good news is that Matt Ryan and Aaron Rodgers are about to blow up their respective teams' salary caps.

Quote Originally Posted by iamaj View Post

I'm sure glad your not the GM. You have some good ideas but your bad ideas are so bad I disregarded them. Let Brees go? Was Lattimore a disappointment? Trade Kamara? Ca'mon man. Brutal. Give it a little more thought before posting.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast