Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    if you take away the WR drops it isn't 59%

PFF adjusted completion percentage
    Lamar Jackson - 73.1 (59.1)
    Baker Mayfield - 82.6 (70.5)
    Josh Rosen - 74.4 (62.6)
    Mason Rudolph - 73.9 (65.0)
    Sam Darnold - 70.6 (63.1)

I am reading that Jackson does throw too hard. trying to fix that would be one of the first things I would try to help him on

Jackson is my #1 QB. I would take him at 11 if all the QBs were still on the board

fyi I have warmed up to Roquan Smith. been watching gifs of him today. he is a lot faster than I thought

does anybody see any possible way for us to get Smith and Jackson???? I would be willing to trade a 2019 1st rounder to get both of them
    Last edited by tunnicliffderek; 01-27-2018 at 11:18 PM.

trade DVP and #11 to Bears for #8. lock down Roquan Smith

trade Tannehill, 2018 2nd rounder, 2019 1st rounder to Arizona for 2018 1st #15. lock down Lamar

There's so many qb options in free agency and on the block. A team might go after AJ MCarron. One of these 5 qbs is likely to slip to the second round.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post

trade Tannehill, 2018 2nd rounder, 2019 1st rounder to Arizona for 2018 1st #15. lock down Lamar
    Oh my . . . uh, wow. Dude, Lamar Jackson is not worth our current starting QB, or our 2019 1st rd pick, which will be top 5 if we are starting Lamar Jackson in 2018 lol. And you also traded DVP to move up to get a LBer? Granted, he may be the best LBer in the draft, but the value is not there man.

I'd rather just draft Tremaine Edmunds at #11 if we miss on Smith. Edmunds is going to be rising over the next couple of months. And Jackson may be there on Day 2. Why not just trade up in the 2nd, and give up a 3rd or 4th round pick to do so?

Your proposed trades would set the Phins back even further than where they are now.

I've read numerous articles where it has been stated that Parker is a favorite of the coaching staff. So, I honestly don't think he'll be traded. Gase is a big supporter of Tannehill. If the Dolphins grab a QB, it's for the future. The only way I see Tannehill not being our starter is injury or the backup out plays him significantly.

Trade Tanny a second and another first for Lamar Jackson? No way.

And Im a big fan of Lamar (saw his first ever college game where he came off the bench and whooped us) but come on man.
    Last edited by Robbw241; 01-28-2018 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    Oh my . . . uh, wow. Dude, Lamar Jackson is not worth our current starting QB, or our 2019 1st rd pick, which will be top 5 if we are starting Lamar Jackson in 2018 lol. And you also traded DVP to move up to get a LBer? Granted, he may be the best LBer in the draft, but the value is not there man.

I'd rather just draft Tremaine Edmunds at #11 if we miss on Smith. Edmunds is going to be rising over the next couple of months. And Jackson may be there on Day 2. Why not just trade up in the 2nd, and give up a 3rd or 4th round pick to do so?

Your proposed trades would set the Phins back even further than where they are now.
    He has zero common sense and thinks this is Madden.

I hate falling for prospects in the draft, and right now I am having a hard time not putting Tremaine Edmunds above Roquan Smith right now. Edmunds size and speed is just mind-blowing. But I think Smith will be really good right now, I think Edmunds has the potential to be a superstar in two or three years. OL is still my main concern, but Josh Allen just trumped that for me . . . in a way.

I really hope we can somehow come away with a legit starting OL signing and an upgrade to the LB core in FA.

My big board at #11 is:
    1. QB Josh Allen - After his senior bowl, I don't believe he makes it past #6, but he is the only player I would trade up into the top 5 for.
    2. OG Quenton Nelson - biggest need and a stud that can man the left side with Tunsil for years to come.
    3. OT Mike McGlinchey - I think he is the most well-rounded OT in the draft, and would be a huge get at #11.
    4. LB Tremaine Edmunds - Size, speed, youth . . . superstar potential.
    5. LB Roquan Smith - Speed and instincts and would be instant upgrade with almost no growing pains.
    6. S Derwin James - If we really want to go with a hybrid look, he's the perfect match for us. Makes sense.
    7. OT Orlando Brown - Another Day 1 starter at RT if the other OL are gone.
    8. DE Marcus Davenport - I'm still higher than most on this guy's upside and potential. Could become the Antonio Gates of the DE position . . .former basketball player turned football player, perennial pro-bowler.

I still don't think Josh Allen makes it past 1

my first 2 rounds are locked
    R1 Lamar Jackson
    R2 Jaylen Samuels

I still don't think Josh Allen makes it past 1

my first 2 rounds are locked
    R1 Lamar Jackson
    R2 Jaylen Samuels
    Okay, so I get the love for Lamar. Even though I fear that he has too much innate desire to get out of the pocket (and doesn't have the size for it IMO), I do like the talent. I wouldn't hate the pick if it turned out that way. I believe that our interest in Mayfield could absolutely be real, but if there was interest in Jackson as well, then it wouldn't surprise me. There is a lot to love about this kid...and to recall, I HATED RG3 coming out of college (for the exact reasons that turned out to be true). Having said that, I think this kid has more NFL-potential with the way he plays the game.

So my question is about Samuels. What do you see him as? He is listed as a borderline 3rd-round talent as the #3 TE at 5'11". I get that he's probably more of a FB/TE (H-back) type player, but I just don't know what he does at the next level. There's no way that he's a legit 5'11" TE, and we don't run/need a FB (at least not currently). And I'm not sure that I see the skill as a between the tackles HB. He has some skills with the ball in his hands, and seems to be able to find his way open. But in the NFL? I just don't see it translating the same. What is your take?

I see Samuel as the new slot. replacing Landry if we let him go. I view him the same way I viewed Christian McCaffrey. incredible change of direction like him. someone that the Pats would love and kill us with. also don't view him as a FB but more of a RB. he would line all over and run some but mostly be used in the passing game. I expect him to have one of the better 3 cones at the combine if not the best

was looking at potential cap casualties posted on twitter thanks to @uSTADIUM. my #1 free agency priority is trying to get Tyrann Mathieu. the idea of him and Roquan together on our defense excites me a lot

I see Samuel as the new slot. replacing Landry if we let him go. I view him the same way I viewed Christian McCaffrey. incredible change of direction like him. someone that the Pats would love and kill us with. also don't view him as a FB but more of a RB. he would line all over and run some but mostly be used in the passing game. I expect him to have one of the better 3 cones at the combine if not the best

was looking at potential cap casualties posted on twitter thanks to @uSTADIUM. my #1 free agency priority is trying to get Tyrann Mathieu. the idea of him and Roquan together on our defense excites me a lot
    Hmmm...interesting. I'm not sure how crisp his route running is, but he has the frame to catch the ball across the middle. His 40 time will be about on-par with Landry, but he carries about 25 more pounds. I have to admit that I'm intrigued. I fear that top 45 may be a bit high for him, but you never know what a player's stock will look like by draft day. Either way, I like where your head is on this one.

And I like me some Honey Badger for sure, but aren't we pretty much set at safety? Jones and McDonald are being paid like starters; not sure there is enough cap space for Mathieu at a position of "little need". ???

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas_Phin1 View Post
    Hmmm...interesting. I'm not sure how crisp his route running is, but he has the frame to catch the ball across the middle. His 40 time will be about on-par with Landry, but he carries about 25 more pounds. I have to admit that I'm intrigued. I fear that top 45 may be a bit high for him, but you never know what a player's stock will look like by draft day. Either way, I like where your head is on this one.

And I like me some Honey Badger for sure, but aren't we pretty much set at safety? Jones and McDonald are being paid like starters; not sure there is enough cap space for Mathieu at a position of "little need". ???
    I think he is suggesting signing him in part because of the chatter surrounding our potential defensive scheme for next year using a hybrid with three safeties. It would not bother me signing him to a short term deal, but I'm not giving him a ton of guaranteed money. He gets hurt way too often. But, if he did become available, and we signed him, and then went with one of Roquan Smith or Tremaine Edmunds at #11 . . . our defense would be pretty dang solid on paper.

Samuel is a very interesting player to watch, but I'm not taking him in the 2nd. We need OL/TE help more than Samuel. Plus we need to potentially look at QB too. Too many glaring holes, and there are other options for a slot WR if we don't resign Landry in the later rounds.

I wonder if Carroo finally steps up this off-season? Also, wonder if the Phin coaches would even give him the chance (in the event Landry exits)? I mean, if the FO is balking over $1M or so, then they must be confident they either have his replacement, or can get one easy.

^^^^I don't think the staff is too worried about replacing. Based on the setup the FO has it seems like whoever Gase wants they get. Just compare it to how they talked about Stills last year, everyone said they wanted him whereas now they're all talking about "we'll see".

It's a slot receiver, it's not a crazy position to fill. You can use the backs and rotate guys around to fill in the spot. Obviously you'd like someone who can fill it full time but you don't need a superstar to make it work. Landry fed on two main plays, the bubble screens and crossing routes. Parker is great on the crossers and Grant already showed he can be insanely dangerous with bubble screens. Plus the RBs are obviously going to be a big part of the receiving game going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    ^^^^I don't think the staff is too worried about replacing. Based on the setup the FO has it seems like whoever Gase wants they get. Just compare it to how they talked about Stills last year, everyone said they wanted him whereas now they're all talking about "we'll see".

It's a slot receiver, it's not a crazy position to fill. You can use the backs and rotate guys around to fill in the spot. Obviously you'd like someone who can fill it full time but you don't need a superstar to make it work. Landry fed on two main plays, the bubble screens and crossing routes. Parker is great on the crossers and Grant already showed he can be insanely dangerous with bubble screens. Plus the RBs are obviously going to be a big part of the receiving game going forward.
    I absolutely agree with this thinking. I don't understand why Landry has become such a folk hero. Actually, I think I do. I thin it is because he plays hard and looks like a ball of fire. For me, I see him juking and trying to get every yard he can with all of his quick little movements before fighting for yet one more yard after he is in the grasp of the defender. That makes him wildly popular. Although I appreciate the effort, I still only see the end result of the play which is too rarely a big play. He would fit in on an established team that has more big plays coming from other spots where he would be a luxury IMO. You just cannot usually build an offense around a slot receiver and be effective.

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast