Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    If you did trade Tannehill I don't see a top 15 pick coming back, I feel a 2nd rounder is his value with what other starting QBs have gone for. Maybe two 2nds like with Bradford.

You can't deal Landry, either franchise tag him (Would require someone sending two 1sts, not happening) or transition tag (Just have the right to match any contract) are the only options. There is no "Sign & trade" possibilities due to how NFL contracts are.

That was what i wasn't sure of, the whole sign and trade thing. Thanks for clearing that up.
    RT has been getting better every year, this year i really thought he was going to come through and then BOOM he didnt play. Although its said multiple times, i say let this be there year he either come through or not and we go from there. I say we give him zero excuses, lets solidify the OL and toughen up our D, and see how it goes.

Does anyone know if you still get a Comp pick if you use the transition tag? I've seen both answers so I have no idea.

Looking at this article back when we lost Clay to the Bills it seems you have to remove the tag before they sign an offer sheet.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ks-to-16-teams

As this also shows Clay isn't even listed in the gained category for the Bills.

https://nflcommunications.com/Pages/...-13-CLUBS.aspx

I would say Tannehill's value is a 2nd or 3rd rounder. I dont think you can get 2 of them. No way is he in the long term plans

Miami would trade to 8 if they fell in love with 1 of the QBs and didn't want to miss them or to jump Oakland for Roquan or to get Nelson

in Daniel Jeremiah's first mock he has us taking Josh Allen at 11. he also has Tremaine Edmunds going before Roquan, and also Davenport in the top 10

Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    I would say Tannehill's value is a 2nd or 3rd rounder. I dont think you can get 2 of them. No way is he in the long term plans

Miami would trade to 8 if they fell in love with 1 of the QBs and didn't want to miss them or to jump Oakland for Roquan or to get Nelson

in Daniel Jeremiah's first mock he has us taking Josh Allen at 11. he also has Tremaine Edmunds going before Roquan, and also Davenport in the top 10
    Told ya Davenport was going to climb to top 15 lol.

I would take Josh Allen at #11 all day man. I would love Davenport, Smith, James or Nelson, but if you have Allen somehow fall there, you have to take him. Would allow us to start him in 2019 and spend Tannehill's cap on other needs.

I think that we're going to sign another LBer, and I have a hunch its going to be Zach Brown, which doesn't bother me. He signed a one year prove it deal, and he proved he's a very good and reliable LBer. Maybe sign him, move Kiko back to MLB, and let MacMillan get playing experience at SLB, while splitting time with Anthony? That would allow us to not be crushed in case Roquan Smith is drafted before us.

So the next thing would be OL. I have been really thinking about it and I am highly doubting JJ gets $9M+. I think we might try and bring him back on the cheap ($6-7M maybe), And that could allow us to bypass OL just in case Allen does drop somehow.

So maybe a off-season of signing Zach Brown, signing Norwell/Pugh/Fluker, resigning JJ . . . all the while letting Landry walk, drafting Allen at #11 (highly unlikely but . . .) and then getting a TE in the 2nd and a OL in the 3rd. Also, I can see another 'Carroo-type trade' happening since we have that extra 4th rd pick (maybe moving up in the 2nd, or the 3rd).

But don't be surprised to see Davenport top 10 by the time draft time comes around. And Tannehill, right now, might be a 3rd or 4th cause of the injury. Let him come back and play a full 16 games in 2018 and build up his trade value, then I could see a 2nd in 2019 draft. But not right now.

^^^^I'd love to sign Zach Brown if he's available. Everything I've h3wrd is that he's a high priority guy for the Redskins since he was one of the bright spots on their defense. But if he's on the market I'd say go and get him. You already had him in last year so try again.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    Told ya Davenport was going to climb to top 15 lol.

I would take Josh Allen at #11 all day man. I would love Davenport, Smith, James or Nelson, but if you have Allen somehow fall there, you have to take him. Would allow us to start him in 2019 and spend Tannehill's cap on other needs.

I think that we're going to sign another LBer, and I have a hunch its going to be Zach Brown, which doesn't bother me. He signed a one year prove it deal, and he proved he's a very good and reliable LBer. Maybe sign him, move Kiko back to MLB, and let MacMillan get playing experience at SLB, while splitting time with Anthony? That would allow us to not be crushed in case Roquan Smith is drafted before us.

So the next thing would be OL. I have been really thinking about it and I am highly doubting JJ gets $9M+. I think we might try and bring him back on the chkneap ($6-7M maybe), And that could allow us to bypass OL just in case Allen does drop somehow.

So maybe a off-season of signing Zach Brown, signing Norwell/Pugh/Fluker, resigning JJ . . . all the while letting Landry walk, drafting Allen at #11 (highly unlikely but . . .) and then getting a TE in the 2nd and a OL in the 3rd. Also, I can see another 'Carroo-type trade' happening since we have that extra 4th rd pick (maybe moving up in the 2nd, or the 3rd).

But don't be surprised to see Davenport top 10 by the time draft time comes around. And Tannehill, right now, might be a 3rd or 4th cause of the injury. Let him come back and play a full 16 games in 2018 and build up his trade value, then I could see a 2nd in 2019 draft. But not right now.
    I knew he was going high I just don't like him and don't see the fuss when I watch him

doubt we would get Brown. we weren't interested last offseason don't see how this offseason would be different. Redskins will have the space. also I don't really want him. we have Anthony on the cheap that can do the same thing

I've always been a big advocate for investing in the defense, but today's Jax game showed that you HAVE to be able to score to win. You have to get at least 23 a game or you're just not going anywhere. That's why to me I'd spend this offeseason just like the Eagles did last year and invest in the offense as much as possible. Get more playmakers and make that Oline better.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

If you cant tell I've always been a big advocate in offense winning championships

Jags are going to be really good if they resign Allen Robinson and upgrade QB. I always thought Minnesota was far away from legit. I don't really like their weapons on offense outside of Diggs and their defense has always been overrated. I know a lot of Philly success will go to the playmakers they gained but the offense they run and the play calling is far superior than ours

^^^^You're 100% right that their play calling has been phenomenal this year, but they also had to get the right pieces in place. Last year there were plenty of people criticizing Pederson and now this year he's probably coach of the year. That turn around for LA doesn't happen if they don't add some of the pieces they did.

It's all about getting the right players to fit the scheme. Part of the reason Gase got rid of Ajayi and we saw an improvement once he was gone. Little things like that just go unnoticed in the NFL today.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

I cant think about anything but getting Dez Bryant now after reading that swap with Landry story. I want it to happen so bad

Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    I cant think about anything but getting Dez Bryant now after reading that swap with Landry story. I want it to happen so bad
    If he comes at a lower cap hit than Landry, then yes, it would be a very solid signing. He's not the Dez from previous years, but He would look good in our RZ offense with Parker and Stills. But how much would he want? $13M? $14M? $15M? That's my fear. I'm not sure he is a true WR1 anymore, or else Dallas wouldn't be willing to just let him walk.

Landry to the 'Boys wouldn't bother me that much, but I hate the 'Boys almost as much as I hate the Pats

Dez is signed for the next two years at 16.5M. He is elite when he isn't hurt and that's the issue with him these past few years.

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast