Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    I would love for us to get a big name OG but I just have to see it to believe it. I expect the team to still like Larsen and we obviously have Davis who I expect to be in the mix. I want to say Asiata will be in the mix but Gase has a habit of going for the iffy vet over the young player. Gase has made some changes already this year but I don't think we'll see a change big enough that he'll admit he was wrong on going cheap at Oline.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

James has played well at LT whenever he had to play it for us. wasn't much of a downgrade which is why he is more valuable than Lane to me and he was projected as a LT when he came out

we should franchise tag Landry. its only 2M more than what his going rate is

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    2019 will be our year to hit it big in FA. There are going to be some tough decisions to make in regards to Tannehill, Reshad Jones and Suh come next year, cause all could be cut and we'd be saving close to $40M just with those three. And then we can finally cut bait with Kiko and Branch and save $13M alone there. So I don't expect big things this year, but next year I think we reload big time.

I expect a big OL signing. My #1 FA target is OG Andrew Norwell. He is by far the best OL available and would give us that all-pro presence on the left side. If not, I would go with Pugh or Fluker for OG. I believe that our right side is set (atleast on paper) with Larsen and Davis, although I would really like to draft another OL in the first couple of rounds. We need that LG to go with Tunsil.

My current draft order is:
    1. Quenton Nelson
    2. Roquan Smith
    3. Derwin James
    4. Josh Allen
    5. Marcus Davenport

If these guys aren't there, I would really, really want to trade back and draft Billy Price in the late 1st, or early 2nd. He can play OG this year, and then convert to OC if/when we move on from Pouncey in 2019. Huge value/need if we can trade back, or trade up in the 2nd rd.
    Rankin can play C as well. glad to see you have a QB in your list

Your idea of playing well and mine is completely different apparently.

In fun news, Baker Mayfield posted on Kenny Stills Instagram with #GetMeToMiami so I'm sure that won't start anything.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Your idea of playing well and mine is completely different apparently.

In fun news, Baker Mayfield posted on Kenny Stills Instagram with #GetMeToMiami so I'm sure that won't start anything.
    its a 1st round QB. all I care about. 1st round has to be a QB

If they draft Mayfield and let Landry walk you know our coaches can't be trusted. the so called reason they wont sign Landry is 1 of the 2 flags on Mayfield. he fits the offense

Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    If they draft Mayfield and let Landry walk you know our coaches can't be trusted. the so called reason they wont sign Landry is 1 of the 2 flags on Mayfield. he fits the offense
    Yea but Mayfield is a good QB and has a very high ceiling whereas Landry is a limited WR that can only do certain things in an offense.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Yea but Mayfield is a good QB and has a very high ceiling whereas Landry is a limited WR that can only do certain things in an offense.
    Mayfield is not a good QB and Landry is not limited. its crazy how Dolphin fans love a player one day and when they might leave or do leave people try to discredit what they have done and try to tell themselves they were junk players. Landry has been our best player every year since he came to be a Dolphin. nobody on our team has been better
    Last edited by tunnicliffderek; 01-19-2018 at 03:29 AM.

Mayfield is not a good QB and Landry is not limited. its crazy how Dolphin fans love a player one day and when they might leave or do leave people try to discredit what they have done and try to tell themselves they were junk players. Landry has been our best player every year since he came to be a Dolphin. nobody on our team has been better
    I actually agree with you 100% on Mayfield. I don't think he is a 1st rd talent, but he will be drafted in the 1st by some team 'desperate enough' to add a QB in this draft class. Hey, if Mayfield or Jackson are there for us in rd 2, I would take them in a heartbeat. But I don't see either of them as 1st rd talent for our team.

glad I'm not alone on Mayfield. was starting to think I was crazy for being the only one that didn't like him

I can see Miami trading up to #8 with the Bears. they need WRs and although the draft has some good ones I don't think any are worth taking until the 20s

also many don't have Lamar or Rudolph in R1. not only do I think they do I think all top 6 QBs go in the top 15 picks with Rudolph going to Arizona
    Last edited by tunnicliffderek; 01-19-2018 at 04:08 PM.

I can see Miami trading up to #8 with the Bears. they need WRs and although the draft has some good ones I don't think any are worth taking until the 20s

also many don't have Lamar or Rudolph in R1. not only do I think they do I think all top 6 QBs go in the top 15 picks with Rudolph going to Arizona
    Many don't have Lamar or Mason Rudolph going round 1 because they aren't idiots.

You actually think 6 QBs go in the first 15 picks of the 2018 draft?
    I'd like to make a wager this doesn't happen! I'll even bump it out to the first 20 picks.

The idea of Miami taking a qb in round 1 is because they can move on from Tannehill's $17ish mil a year price. If Baker gets you 80% of the production at 5% of the cost of Tannehill, you take that ALL DAY. We can find Landry's replacement at, say, 40% of the price and get 60% of the production.

Hopefully the front office and Gase are on the same page at qb. Whether it's Tannehill long term, Tannehill gets 1 more year, draft a qb if our top available player is a qb at 11, draft a qb at 11 and trade Tannehill and a 3rd rounder to Cle for a 2nd rounder. Hell I don't know I'm just spit ballin here but I HATE that fact this franchise is stuck between 6-11 and 10-6 like every freaking year.

Gase was very admit that Tannehill was going to be the starting QB for 2018 although that doesn't mean he won't want to take one that he can mold and I'm fine with that.

And Yes I can see up to 6 QBs going round one. Looking at the draft Browns (Kizer?), Giants (Manning?), Colts (Luck health), Broncos (Need), Jets (Need), Dolphins (Tannehill?) Redskins (Cousins?), Cardinals (Need), Bills (Taylor?), Saints (Brees?), Steelers (Ben retirement soon), Jaguars (Bortles?), Patriots (Brady 41)

That's 13 who all could take a QB, only 4 (Adding Browns) are hard needs though. Also FA will change things as well being Vikings have 3 QBs who teams might take for a starter and McCarron is a RFA.

Yea it's possible for a big QB 1st round but we say that every year. Those Vikings QB will change a lot plus McCaron feels like a definite Mike Glennon type of FA signing. You also have the Cousins circus and maybe Tyrod if he's let go (please leave this division already). I think 4 is really the number we'll see with Allen, Darnold, Rosen and Mayfield. I could also see a team move back into the first to get someone like Rudolph or Jackson.

And Derek, why the hell would the Dolphins move up with the Bears? Who the hell would be moving up for when there's so many players that will be available at 11.

Havnt written in years guys. Wassup. Do come by everyday to see all of your inputs, Thanks for that.
    Although i like Tannehill and Landry ( depends how much hes willing to take ), wanted to throw this out there to see what you guys thought about it.
    -Don't know if they would go for it but how about trading Tannehill for browns #4
    - somehow packaging Landry for bears #8
    - Sign cousins as a FA

We basically sign a good QB, and get 3 picks in the top 11. Now i dont know if thats even possible lol, but just wanted to get your thoughts on it.

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast