Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    The sports talk up here in MA is legit about Jackson to the Pats, but not via a trade. There are rumors that the Pats intend to keep both 1st round picks, and if Jackson falls to one of them, then they may pull the trigger on him. But the thought of NE trading up to acquire him is not accurate. More than not, NE keeps both picks and gets a LT and a LBer to fill out their roster.

Now as for MIA, I don't think they have any interest in Jackson in the 1st rd. I actually hope someone falls in love with him, or Rudolph, and trades up to #11 to jump other teams in need. I am honestly believing our pick goes to defense, and I think its going to come down to Roquan Smith or Derwin James, which I would prefer Smith at this point, but if James has the ability to cover WR3 or TE, then Id certainly be okay with him at #11. I really love Smith's tools and intelligence at the position though.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Well when you actually watch Louisvilles offense you can see that it's not even remotely the same. Just because they're both spread offenses doesn't mean they're the same schematically.

From what I've read Smith is the top LB on our list, I dont think I've even see anything official about the Dolphins looking at Edmund's. Obviously that doesn't mean hes not at the top of the list but everything is pointing to Smith being the top choice.
    Yeah, I just can't see it. Could you imagine a more different player from Brady than Jackson (as for how he approaches the game)? It's not taking away from Jackson in any way; but I think Belichick would lose his mind if his QB didn't stay in the pocket and carry out the intended game plan. Though I guess anything could happen; especially considering the Pats now have two firsts.

As we all know, what we read and what is really being thought, can be completely different. Something I didn't realize previously, is that Tremaine's dad was a two-time Pro Bowler for the Dolphins in 89-90. It's VERY possible that we are communicating with his dad/Tremaine on the down low to keep our interest under wraps.

From what I've read, of the entire Edmunds family (dad/brothers), Tremaine is considered "the best" prospect of them all. If one of the two is gone (Edmunds/Smith), then I would say that we would take whichever is still available. That being said, I'm sure our interest in Smith is very real. But Edmunds falling to the Dolphins could be destiny. A player of huge position of need, the son of a former stud Dolphin, and the best player potentially available on the board when we pick? It just seems like it is meant to be.

I mean it's not impossible to see Belicheck go with Jackson. I mean in that one game Brisett played after Jimmy got hurt, they changed the entire offense in a matter of 3 days (Thursday night game) to a read option and somehow still beat the Texans. They will always adapt their offense to the QB. But with all that said I still just see Rudolph or Mike White as a Jimmy G type QB that I can't picture the Pat's turning them down. Somehow I feel like they'll draft both of them lol.

I honestly can't tell which LB I like more. Smith usually ends up as my favorite but hes got his flaws. He will overshoot it sometimes and can be physically over powered sometimes, but his instincts, vision and coverage ability is just such a drastic need for us. Edmund's on the other hand is just so physically dominant and will absolutely destroy the ball carrier if it's in front of him, but I'm terrified that he won't get the hang of coverage. He has so many moments where he just misses his assignment and let's someone get an easy 20 yards. I'll be happy with either but I'll always take the safer pick especially if that safe pick still has a crazy ceiling.

I mean it's not impossible to see Belicheck go with Jackson. I mean in that one game Brisett played after Jimmy got hurt, they changed the entire offense in a matter of 3 days (Thursday night game) to a read option and somehow still beat the Texans. They will always adapt their offense to the QB. But with all that said I still just see Rudolph or Mike White as a Jimmy G type QB that I can't picture the Pat's turning them down. Somehow I feel like they'll draft both of them lol.

I honestly can't tell which LB I like more. Smith usually ends up as my favorite but hes got his flaws. He will overshoot it sometimes and can be physically over powered sometimes, but his instincts, vision and coverage ability is just such a drastic need for us. Edmund's on the other hand is just so physically dominant and will absolutely destroy the ball carrier if it's in front of him, but I'm terrified that he won't get the hang of coverage. He has so many moments where he just misses his assignment and let's someone get an easy 20 yards. I'll be happy with either but I'll always take the safer pick especially if that safe pick still has a crazy ceiling.
    If we already had a Smith-esque LB, I'd be all for pairing him with Edmunds easily. But MacMillan is more a run-stopping LB, and he doesn't have that good coverage aspect. I think he will be okay, but I think he would get beat easily by TE's in coverage. Thats why I want Smith so bad. The man's instincts are off the chart. Edmunds is truly physically gifted, and fast, but I agree with you . . . he may need a couple years seasoning to become an all-around top flight LB. I think Smith has DROY written all over him and has the tools to be a pro-bowler within his first 2 years.

I'm off the Vita Vea train though. I thought he'd be the safe, best pick, but I don't envision him as a wide-9 DT. We have enough depth to rotate and keep guys fresh.

For the picks that might be there at #11, I'd go . . .
    1. Roquan Smith
    2. Minkah Fitzpatrick
    3. Trumaine Edmunds
    4. Derwin James
    5. Denzel Ward

With only a few weeks to go this is what I believe is our board for #11.

Josh Rosen
    Baker Mayfield
    Trumaine Edmunds
    Roquan Smith
    Minkah Fitzpatrick
    Denzel Ward

I'm 99% sure one of these guys is a Phin on draft night.

^^^^That's where I'm leaning right now. Although I think James is up there before Ward. I still just dont know how I feel with spending a first on a CB considering I think our current core is very good. You obviously can always use more CBs but to use a first on a backup is rough. At least Harris could consistently rotate in last year, I just dont see Ward getting much time.

Josh Allen is coming in for a visit tomorrow. He is the one QB I will riot for if we draft him. You dont draft inaccurate QBs.

So I'm still seeing chatter around a possible trade between MIA and DEN, which would send #11 and JJ to DEN for #5, but only if a QB MIA loves is available. That is a reasonable trade for a potential franchise QB, but that almost makes our 2nd rd pick an OL, right?

I thought Jesse Davis could have moved to RT before they resigned JJ, and I still do. But if they do trade JJ, that is leaving the right side very weak. There are a couple of mountains at OT that should be available in the 2nd, but is it worth it with our other needs at LB, DT & TE?

Now if Vaccaro gets signed, then I could see the trade up cause then TJ can slide down to LB on passing downs, negating the need for a high round coverage LB.

Two weeks seems like such a long time

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    So I'm still seeing chatter around a possible trade between MIA and DEN, which would send #11 and JJ to DEN for #5, but only if a QB MIA loves is available. That is a reasonable trade for a potential franchise QB, but that almost makes our 2nd rd pick an OL, right?

I thought Jesse Davis could have moved to RT before they resigned JJ, and I still do. But if they do trade JJ, that is leaving the right side very weak. There are a couple of mountains at OT that should be available in the 2nd, but is it worth it with our other needs at LB, DT & TE?

Now if Vaccaro gets signed, then I could see the trade up cause then TJ can slide down to LB on passing downs, negating the need for a high round coverage LB.

I'd be all over that trade in a heart beat, if I'm Miami , and the qb you covet is there. But I'm also very much on board with moving on from JJ after this season. So, in reality to me, it would really be a swap of #11 for #5.

I'm not sure JJ is enough to get us from 11 to 5. Broncos are almost releasing CJA and dangling him as trade bait so that means they don't value him that much. And they almost got JJ for him. So I mean, I think we can all agree they want him and would trade for him but not sure they'd trade/give up their 5th overall pick for him to move back 6 spots and lose out on the best OG ever graded in a draft or maybe a future QB or a stud like Chubb. We'd probably have to throw in a 4th or something or our 2nd and get their 3rd back, something along those lines. They also traded for Veldheer, maybe this rumor had legs at one time, but I don't see it happening.
    BRUH

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post

I think you have to go after your QB now and worry about everything else later. This allows you to get your QB learning the game this year and you build what you can with whatever you have left in this draft as well as next year's. Should get some comp picks next year as well, for Suh, maybe Landry, etc., right? Even if we lose our okay right tackle (JJ), I can live with patchwork there this year if Tannehill is the QB risking the hits and keeping the seat warm for Rosen or Mayfield. As long as Tannehill isn't stupid enough to hold the ball and take a pounding as often as he used to. Maybe the injury makes him jittery and throws INT's, which is fine. I can live with one more year of him taking the hits while the rookie learns. Then you let Tannehill walk or trade him to a QB starved team for a pack of gum, draft your necessary linemen next year and continue to build the defense and bring in your new QB. That's my worst case scenario plan.
    Last edited by Dolphin North; 04-12-2018 at 05:10 PM.

^^^^That's where I'm leaning right now. Although I think James is up there before Ward. I still just dont know how I feel with spending a first on a CB considering I think our current core is very good. You obviously can always use more CBs but to use a first on a backup is rough. At least Harris could consistently rotate in last year, I just dont see Ward getting much time.

Josh Allen is coming in for a visit tomorrow. He is the one QB I will riot for if we draft him. You dont draft inaccurate QBs.
    I agree with most of the post. I believe that James is on our radar, but if we grab Vaccarro (fingers crossed), then it's a moot point. I'm not necessarily wanting to draft a CB with our first rounder, but if Ward is anywhere near as good as Lattimore, then it could still be a very solid pick.

As for Allen, that's a tough one. Some have said that all of his physical tools are even better than Carson Wentz...Carson is just more experienced and a bit more accurate at this time. To me, it's possible that Allen could end up being on par with Wentz, and I've said for a while that he (Wentz) could be one of the best in the game in the years to come. My biggest fear is that Allen turns into a Cutler-esque QB, and I'm not a fan of that. But the fact that he's a small school guy, should keep him away from the Cutler ego. I don't believe that he's top of our list, but if he's available when we pick, then I won't be bummed...he just needs a couple of seasons to find his stroke I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by LRizzle View Post
    I'm not sure JJ is enough to get us from 11 to 5. Broncos are almost releasing CJA and dangling him as trade bait so that means they don't value him that much. And they almost got JJ for him. So I mean, I think we can all agree they want him and would trade for him but not sure they'd trade/give up their 5th overall pick for him to move back 6 spots and lose out on the best OG ever graded in a draft or maybe a future QB or a stud like Chubb. We'd probably have to throw in a 4th or something or our 2nd and get their 3rd back, something along those lines. They also traded for Veldheer, maybe this rumor had legs at one time, but I don't see it happening.

I could see the trade happening from a value standpoint (our former first-round pick + 11 to move up 6 spots. Considering it was rumored to have almost happened (JJ+11 for CJA+5), a deal minus CJA seems even more possible. But I believe your point about Veldheer may be the kicker. If the need is not really there anymore, then there's no reason for them to give up the pick. I'm not sure if they need another tackle or not (or would still require additional compensation), but I agree that this deal was more likely before the Veldheer trade.

Wait what? I'm pretty sure the rumor was JJ for CJA straight up.
    We didn't want to pay JJ the 9M and really liked CJA and wanted the RB plus cap savings and slide Jesse Davis to RT. I think if the trade had been 5th overall + CJA for 11th overall + JJ the trade would've been done in a heartbeat.
    BRUH

Guys like LRizzle already said, the Broncos already traded for a RT in Veldheer. That trade was mentioned on Good Morning Football. Totally made up hypothetical.

I've been saying it for weeks but we're not trading up for a QB. It just isnt happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas_Phin1 View Post
    I agree with most of the post. I believe that James is on our radar, but if we grab Vaccarro (fingers crossed), then it's a moot point. I'm not necessarily wanting to draft a CB with our first rounder, but if Ward is anywhere near as good as Lattimore, then it could still be a very solid pick.

As for Allen, that's a tough one. Some have said that all of his physical tools are even better than Carson Wentz...Carson is just more experienced and a bit more accurate at this time. To me, it's possible that Allen could end up being on par with Wentz, and I've said for a while that he (Wentz) could be one of the best in the game in the years to come. My biggest fear is that Allen turns into a Cutler-esque QB, and I'm not a fan of that. But the fact that he's a small school guy, should keep him away from the Cutler ego. I don't believe that he's top of our list, but if he's available when we pick, then I won't be bummed...he just needs a couple of seasons to find his stroke I believe.
    Allen is Mallett all over again man. Big tall "blue blooded" QB that has a canon but has terrible mechanics. Hes got the worst pocket presence I've seen in a long time, has no idea what to do with his feet and is insanely inaccurate. Hes legit the only pick I would hate. I'm ok with nearly every other QB, even Rudolph or Jackson, at 11 over Allen. Wentz's developing like he did is a miracle because he looked terrible his rookie year, but even he had better accuracy then Allen and much better mobility.

That was just a rumor, seems it was never agreed upon. Broncos might of asked about it but Phins wanted no part of that deal. Broncos moved on and got Veld.

Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast