Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    So does anyone think there is an legitimacy to the La Confora report about the Phins brass, including Stephen Ross, wanting to part ways with Suh? I think there is. Suh has assisted in one playoff appearence, and one winning record. His cap hit is astronomical for a non-QB, although he is a true stud at DT. I guess the question is, would it bother many people if the Phins did move on from Suh?

It wouldn't bother me much, as I believe only a franchise QB should be paid that amount of money, but we have nobody to take his place on our roster.
    Nah, it's the same report from earlier in the year which came after Suh had the Mallett incident. La Confora knows absolutely nothing with the Dolphins. Ross loves Suh, always talks about him like he's a son. I'm sure they've talked about it with Suh as they've talked about it with everyone, but the fact is that it would cost way too much money to cut him now and it would make the defense 10 times worse.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Oh don't worry. Give it time. Right now it's Landry. After we get over that we'll be back to arguing about drafting a QB or not lol
    Well one nice thing is most here are past that and are instead debating which QB to draft, if we do. Much more interesting. We ll know what we have in Tannehill. Ironically that is a somewhat unknown after 5 years, which is very telling. So either you continue to be average unless you happen to hit on like 4 or 5 picks each draft, which is unlikely, or you go after a franchise guy that always keeps you in the top third of the league no matter how the rest of your acquisitions go. Or you draft prospects every couple of years and see who can improve the position. When that happens you can hopefully trade your vet if he is worth anything at all. That's my philosophy, but to do it you have to at least find a QB every 5-10 years who doesn't **** the bed. The Dolphins' problem is they don't even try to find that guy. How do you win even a third prize in the lottery if you don't buy a ticket?

Rosen is the guy I have heard should be very good in the NFL. The same guy who told me that also likes Mayfield, who I brought up in a conversation the first time I saw him play. I love the way he moves in the pocket even when he doesn't scramble for a run. That instantly upgrades our line BTW. However, will his personality translate to foolishness on South Beach or will he work hard and use that same personality to inspire and make his teammates better?

I only see 4 QBs going before 11 but I agree Allen is talented and could be the best one.

Lamar isn't Pat White. Pat was a run first QB and tiny. Lamar is 6'3 and doesn't look to run first. Pat runs a 4.55. Lamar runs a 4.35. people compare him to Vick because Vick is the closest thing we have seen to him but athletically not even Vick is on his level

Delanie isn't young and they would trade him because of his cap hit and they drafted Jonnu who would be the starter on most every other team

Lamar is still who I want most

unrelated to Suh because I think we keep Suh and maybe extend him but my 2nd choice to Lamar has changed to Vita Vea. I have tried to fall in love completely with one of the top LBers and haven't been able to. I'm going to just get a LB later like Cichy

^^^^Both of the top LB's have very different things about them but I'll be happy either way. Both add speed and physicality that we lack on defense, but you're right I've started to fall off on them a bit. Vita Vea would be great but the player that has shot to #1 on my list is Derwin. I think he has all the ability to play FS and can shut down RB's or TE's. He's the exact player our defense needs PLUS he has that FSU edge that I think the defense is missing. We need a player like Ramsey to add that swagger to the team and turn it around.

Side note: I'm completely ok with Lamar, just not round one. I don't see him going in the first honestly just because it's going to take a certain coach to fall in love with the skill set. He fits the RPO play style Gase likes and is terrific throwing deep. He's raw and will take a bit of time but I'd be ok with him backing up Tannehill.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

I'm going to be so pissed if its not Lamar. he is the best player in the entire draft to me

R1. Lamar Jackson
    R2. Christian Kirk
    Last edited by tunnicliffderek; Today at 02:00 AM.

So does anyone think there is an legitimacy to the La Confora report about the Phins brass, including Stephen Ross, wanting to part ways with Suh? I think there is. Suh has assisted in one playoff appearence, and one winning record. His cap hit is astronomical for a non-QB, although he is a true stud at DT. I guess the question is, would it bother many people if the Phins did move on from Suh?

It wouldn't bother me much, as I believe only a franchise QB should be paid that amount of money, but we have nobody to take his place on our roster.
    I don't. Suh is not the problem on D. However, I cannot wait until we get out from under that contract. It's just not going to be this year. Even if he was arguably the best or second best DT in the league when signed it was too much money to put into that position. I would have rather gotten the 3rd - 5th best DT at a fraction of the cost (I forget the guy's name but he was also available the year we signed Suh) and spent the difference at LB. But what is done is done and he can play and lead. Maybe they will extend him, but honestly I would caution against that, due to injuries at DT once you get to into your 30's.

Ndamukong Suh has a cap hit of 26.1M next year, if you cut him that cap hit only goes to 22.2M. No one in there right mind would cut him to save less than 4M. Yes you can do a post June 1st but the money is just split and the hit would be there all off season till then anyways. In 2019 it is only 13.1M in dead money that is when it will happen.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789