Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    The Jackson trade was probably the thing I liked least about your mock. Got peanuts in return, leaves us with Wilson and Martino if somebody goes down which is rough. God win should play more. Godwin should play in the slot some, Jackson should play in the slot some.

Overall I thought your mock was fine, probably a little too optimistic if anything. Good job on both OL and DL but think RB, WR (as mentioned) and DB are precarious.

I don't think Jensen or Richburg are anything special tthough both are better than Sweezy and Pamphile. Seems pretty clear to me Solder and Norwell are the upper echelon in FA, I like Pugh as a G and would be fine with him.
    I would like to get more for Jackson as well. The reason I mocked a 5th is because I read an article from back in 2014 claiming that his trade value was a 3rd rounder at most and it has certainly lowered over the past 4 years. I look at it as more of a salary dump then trading an asset. The free agent signings portion of my mock was very optimistic, as no team actually acquires that many high caliber players in one off season, but the money is there, so it is not impossible.

I like Freddie Martino and think he is capable of handling #4 role. Our staff clearly thinks pretty highly of Bobo if they were willing to put up w/ his ****.

I liked your mock as well man but if we went into next season with those rbs and receivers than our offence would struggle mightly. Stack the box on 1st and 2nd down and double Evans on 3rd. I love Godwin and I agree with bwall he can mix inside and out. But he needs another year or two before he is ready to get the targets he would get standing opposite to Evans.
    Last edited by BucsFan47; 02-16-2018 at 10:14 PM.

I certainly don't agree that Godwin needs 3 years of prep to become a #2 WR. Rookies step into the #2 spot every year. I don't have an issue with more depth at RB or WR, but I don't think it makes or breaks the season. Minor detail. Maybe I'm a lot higher on S. Michel then some of you. He's my #3 RB in the draft

Quote Originally Posted by aecon13 View Post
    I certainly don't agree that Godwin needs 3 years of prep to become a #2 WR. Rookies step into the #2 spot every year. I don't have an issue with more depth at RB or WR, but I don't think it makes or breaks the season. Minor detail. Maybe I'm a lot higher on S. Michel then some of you. He's my #3 RB in the draft
    I don't have a real problem with Godwin being a #2. I think he's shown he can be that guy. Let's say Godwin misses time then were putting Evans/Martino/Humphries out there, we've already seen that it wasn't pretty. God forbid Evans gets hurt them were going with Godwin/Martino/Humphries, an absolute nightmare.

Right now if Evans or Jackson go down we still have enough playmakers to be dangerous.

At RB it's the same thing. Not completely sold on the Michel hype, could be a Kamara type or could be a Coleman/Yeldon type complimentary back. Even if he is what you think he is, if he goes down we have an average backup like Barber or a guy who really should retire in Rodgers. No real compliment either with a 3rd down back or power back. If feel better adding a good cheap vet to the backfield than retaining Rodgers.

Only way I would be ok with getting rid of DJax is if we used his cap money to go get Bell.

As for why I wont want any of the FA Olinemen outside of Jensen is because we've had horrible luck with FA olinemen and Jensen really stepped up his game when Yanda went down last year, Alex Collins was running wild and a lot of people in Baltimore really like him. Plus he's young and would push Marpet back to Guard where he belongs.

I'm completely sold on Michel I think he's a beast and would love him in a Bucs uni, just don't think he will last long at all. I could see him sneaking into the 1st.

I said a year or two. I didn't say just 2. And for the exact reason bwall said below. 1 injury to Evans and we become the 16th best wr core in the NFC.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345