Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 84
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central NY
    Posts
    11,204

    Official 2018 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Off-Season Thread

    Free Agency
    NFL Draft
    Senior Bowl/Shrine Game
    Combine/Pro Days
    OTAs/Mini Camp
    ETC

    2017 Tampa Bay Buccaneers

    Ready For War


    My Lavonte David PC

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central NY
    Posts
    11,204
    At 7 I have 4 players I'm looking at.

    1. Bradley Chubb DE NC State
    2. Minkah Fitzpatrick CB/S Alabama
    3. Saquon Barkley RB Penn State
    4. Quenton Nelson G Notre Dame

    Safe to say Licht, Koetter and staff view DE, CB, S and RB as needs though FA could affect the possibilities. We're not sure if they would spend a Top 10 pick in a RB or S (If the consider Fitzpatrick more of a S than a CB). While myself and many others believe OL is a major issue, we don't know if the decision makers feel the same.

    If these guys are gone or the positions are addressed in FA, etc then I'm looking at CBs like Jackson or Ward and It's like McGlinchey, Williams or Brown over DEs like Key or Landry.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,740
    If there's one thing this past season made me realize is that our Oline is far from being complete. I would jump for joy if we got Nelson. Seeing the way Fournette balled out today I sure wouldn't be mad if we got Barkley but that depends on how we do FA, plus I don't think he's there at 7 either. Need to look at Fitzpatrick more though.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central NY
    Posts
    11,204
    Quote Originally Posted by PFISH91 View Post
    If there's one thing this past season made me realize is that our Oline is far from being complete. I would jump for joy if we got Nelson. Seeing the way Fournette balled out today I sure wouldn't be mad if we got Barkley but that depends on how we do FA, plus I don't think he's there at 7 either. Need to look at Fitzpatrick more though.
    One of the best cover guys in the college game, very versatile (can play CB or S). Was regarded as being Sabans eyes and ears on the field due to his football intelligence and knowledge of the defense.

    Grimes, Fitzpatrick, Hargreaves at CB could really help. Look what guys like Ramsey and Lattimore have done recently. Clear cut #1 DB, don't think there's any chance Josh Jackson who is a stud himself (8 INTs this year) can overtake him.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,507
    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    At 7 I have 4 players I'm looking at.

    1. Bradley Chubb DE NC State
    2. Minkah Fitzpatrick CB/S Alabama
    3. Saquon Barkley RB Penn State
    4. Quenton Nelson G Notre Dame

    Safe to say Licht, Koetter and staff view DE, CB, S and RB as needs though FA could affect the possibilities. We're not sure if they would spend a Top 10 pick in a RB or S (If the consider Fitzpatrick more of a S than a CB). While myself and many others believe OL is a major issue, we don't know if the decision makers feel the same.

    If these guys are gone or the positions are addressed in FA, etc then I'm looking at CBs like Jackson or Ward and It's like McGlinchey, Williams or Brown over DEs like Key or Landry.
    I would almost rather trade down and take Jackson over Fitz or the Tackle on ND over the G at 7, but that is a very early thought. Clearly Barkley and Chubb would be my top 2 targets. I'll take a good Tackle in the top 10 all day, but does a Guard really help us that much? I'm bigger on the idea of moving Marpet or D. Smith to guard and finding a new LT.

    Im very hesitant on Key and I'm not sure Landry is a 4-3 DE.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    308
    1.Chubb
    2.Nelson
    3.Fitz

    Put Hawley back at C and slide Marpet back to G. Enough of this nonsense.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    308
    Quote Originally Posted by aecon13 View Post
    I would almost rather trade down and take Jackson over Fitz or the Tackle on ND over the G at 7, but that is a very early thought. Clearly Barkley and Chubb would be my top 2 targets. I'll take a good Tackle in the top 10 all day, but does a Guard really help us that much? I'm bigger on the idea of moving Marpet or D. Smith to guard and finding a new LT.

    Im very hesitant on Key and I'm not sure Landry is a 4-3 DE.
    My patience is running thin with Donovan Smith but I would give him one more year at T just because of the issues we have on interior offensive line and defensive line in general.

    I would also not want to take Key. If Chubb, Fitz, and Nelson are gone I say we just trade down or get Barkley.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,740
    Quote Originally Posted by Strategist View Post
    1.Chubb
    2.Nelson
    3.Fitz

    Put Hawley back at C and slide Marpet back to G. Enough of this nonsense.
    If we don't go Nelson, Billy Price C from OSU would be a nice addition at the top of the 2nd or in a trade down.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,740
    Pewterreport is all about Vita Vea for us. Not that I don't like the guy but I would rather bring back McDonald and sign Star or Poe in FA, also hoping we can make a move in FA for a solid DE whether we bring back Bennett or whoever we need someone. I also wouldn't mind doubling down on DE's in the draft but don't reach for one. My fear is Licht will panic and grab Key or someone if Chubb is gone.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central NY
    Posts
    11,204
    Quote Originally Posted by PFISH91 View Post
    Pewterreport is all about Vita Vea for us. Not that I don't like the guy but I would rather bring back McDonald and sign Star or Poe in FA, also hoping we can make a move in FA for a solid DE whether we bring back Bennett or whoever we need someone. I also wouldn't mind doubling down on DE's in the draft but don't reach for one. My fear is Licht will panic and grab Key or someone if Chubb is gone.
    Cut Ayers, Gholston and Baker, sign a starting DE like Ansah and a borderline starter/rotational pass rusher like Bennett then we can be more flexible in the draft and I'd still try and grab a DE and DT.

    McDonald is solid and I hope he's back. I think they're way off on Vea as usual. If take him Round 2 but this top of Round 1 talk is dumb. Not to mention the same article was them pining for a 3-4 which isn't going to happen.

    I would love a guy like Hubbard in Round 2, loved watching him play at OSU. Whoever it is could learn and play at their own pace with a combo of Ansah/Bennett/Spence or something similar.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,740
    Ayers, Gholston, Baker, and Sweezy should all be cut which would save us close to 25 mill. That should be 2 solid guys along the Dline. Worst case scenario for us right now IMO would be if Chubb and Nelson are both gone. I don't think that'll happen but you never know. Hopefully 3 QBs are taken before we pick.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central NY
    Posts
    11,204
    Quote Originally Posted by PFISH91 View Post
    Ayers, Gholston, Baker, and Sweezy should all be cut which would save us close to 25 mill. That should be 2 solid guys along the Dline. Worst case scenario for us right now IMO would be if Chubb and Nelson are both gone. I don't think that'll happen but you never know. Hopefully 3 QBs are taken before we pick.
    Have to cut Martin as well, can't pay him his current number with his production. The 4 you named should save 23,25 million, Martin is another 6.75 million, 30 million savings total. Teams don't normally cut that much in one year, I would.

    Our projected cap space already is 65 million, 30 more puts us at 95 million.

    I'm looking at guys like Ezekiel Ansah, Michael Bennett, Malcolm Butler, Morgan Burnett, Trumaine Johnson, Mate Solder, Andrew Boswell, Dontari Poe or Justin Pugh. Any number of which could help us at different areas, even cheapee depth guys like Jeremy Hill or a backup QB(I like Teddy as a clear cut backup)

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    308
    Cut Conte too. Unreal how he keeps hanging on to his roster spot

    **** the Patriots, I hope the Eagles destroy them.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,507
    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    Cut Ayers, Gholston and Baker, sign a starting DE like Ansah and a borderline starter/rotational pass rusher like Bennett then we can be more flexible in the draft and I'd still try and grab a DE and DT.

    McDonald is solid and I hope he's back. I think they're way off on Vea as usual. If take him Round 2 but this top of Round 1 talk is dumb. Not to mention the same article was them pining for a 3-4 which isn't going to happen.

    I would love a guy like Hubbard in Round 2, loved watching him play at OSU. Whoever it is could learn and play at their own pace with a combo of Ansah/Bennett/Spence or something similar.
    Love Hubbard in the 2nd. Also think Ansah is our most logical FA target. I agree with all of the cuts aside from Gholston. I really hope we resign McDonald. I don't think DT should be the priority that some are making it.
    Last edited by aecon13; 01-22-2018 at 12:04 PM.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,507
    Quote Originally Posted by PFISH91 View Post
    If we don't go Nelson, Billy Price C from OSU would be a nice addition at the top of the 2nd or in a trade down.
    I think Price is a really good 2nd round option, along w a couple RB's, Hubbard, A. Bryant, an potentially one of the top 3 or 4 OT's are sitting there as well.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •