Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Where does Klay rank among the best players in the league?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Top 10

1 3.45%
  • 11-15

4 13.79%
  • 16-20

11 37.93%
  • 21-25

8 27.59%
  • 26+

5 17.24%
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BKLYNpigeon View Post
    he's the best 3 and D guy at the SG position. Second best shooter in NBA History, what more can you ask for?

Great Teammate, low maintenance, works hard, and never really misses games.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    What does that have to do with anything? So does this mean that because of the team he joined, he already can't reach a particular status?
    Damn kid, this has already been asked and answered multiple times in the year and a half since he sold out. Stop wasting people's time because you can't grasp what's already been talked to death.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Except you cannot remove context from any assessment of greatness. Had Bron had it similarly easy, it would have diminished his greatness as well. Fortunately Bron never sided with the enemies at hand.

I actually think kd is having one of his lesser seasons offensively and has been thoroughly outshined by curry. I can't remember the last time kd has had to do so little offensively. Maybe that's playing into his improved defense tho. Maybe I have higher standards from watching the true elites of this game but I haven't been impressed, feel like he's under achieved to be honest with you. I wonder how much of a back seat he can take.
    I posted that taking context into consideration is fine, and you are replying to me "except you cannot remove context from any assessment of greatness"...? wtf ?

No, kd's a monster, tonights game shoulda showed you again, he is stepping up at the exact times we need it. All the big moments. He can literally get any shot he wants, wether or not durant scores has almost nothing to do with the defense, its almost entirely just wether or not the shot drops. Its unreal, I've never seen anything like it. His length+handle allows him to face up and pop from literally ANYWHERE HE WANTS. This dude is nuts, he's turning into something else here. He is legitimately becoming unguardable

And yes, he is in a GREAT situation, we give him the ball and tell him go get a bucket. He can absolutely hone in on all his strengths, from offensively iso'ing him w/ a spread floor to defensively using his length to cover space. So please tell me to stop removing context, I am fully aware he is on a super team.

I don't think he feels he's taking a back seat to anything, he's in a perfect situation and he is taking every advantage of it. This dude's still climbing, I can see it. Him and steph both
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

I posted that taking context into consideration is fine, and you are replying to me "except you cannot remove context from any assessment of greatness"...? wtf ?

No, kd's a monster, tonights game shoulda showed you again, he is stepping up at the exact times we need it. All the big moments. He can literally get any shot he wants, wether or not durant scores has almost nothing to do with the defense, its almost entirely just wether or not the shot drops. Its unreal, I've never seen anything like it. His length+handle allows him to face up and pop from literally ANYWHERE HE WANTS. This dude is nuts, he's turning into something else here. He is legitimately becoming unguardable

And yes, he is in a GREAT situation, we give him the ball and tell him go get a bucket. He can absolutely hone in on all his strengths, from offensively iso'ing him w/ a spread floor to defensively using his length to cover space. So please tell me to stop removing context, I am fully aware he is on a super team.

I don't think he feels he's taking a back seat to anything, he's in a perfect situation and he is taking every advantage of it. This dude's still climbing, I can see it. Him and steph both

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Damn kid, this has already been asked and answered multiple times in the year and a half since he sold out. Stop wasting people's time because you can't grasp what's already been talked to death.
    lmao, talked to death, YOU'RE the one who keeps bringing it up!

And again, that's what they said about lebron. ?comprende? Doesn't matter if durants move was weaker or more extreme, all that matter is a bunch of people said that same thing before and it didn't hold true, and they're doing it now again, and this ****in insane monster I see durant turning into in front of my eyes, yup, it may not hold true this time either.

time will tell

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    ah, was hoping you'd a had that elbow jay he hit tonight to push it to 3. The **** is unfair, he just goes to a spot and shoots, lmao, there's just nothing anyone can do about it. That elbow jumper and that 3 from the same angle, ****, he just keeps drilling em more and more often.

ah, was hoping you'd a had that elbow jay he hit tonight to push it to 3. The **** is unfair, he just goes to a spot and shoots, lmao, there's just nothing anyone can do about it. That elbow jumper and that 3 from the same angle, ****, he just keeps drilling em more and more often.

The thing is Klay is not, Low Maintenance, He's NO Maintenance.

he doesn't care where he ranks only you guys do. I think he's just happy wheres he's at and if he's recognized as an All Star caliber player.

Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    the WALL!!

god bless you friend

Quote Originally Posted by BKLYNpigeon View Post
    The thing is Klay is not, Low Maintenance, He's NO Maintenance.

he doesn't care where he ranks only you guys do. I think he's just happy wheres he's at and if he's recognized as an All Star caliber player.
    yea, he's low key sav in this respect, and you can just tell by his game too. He just does whats asked of him and lays it all out there

the WALL!!

god bless you friend

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    Is he as good an 'all around player' as some? I would suggest that in his current situation, wiht Curry, KD, and Green doing a lot of the 'ball handling', that there isn't a lot of room for him to be the playmaker. But given how often he touches the ball (over 20 possessions a game), the fact that he turns it over less than twice is pretty impressive.

Not a great rebounder? But a decent rebounder for his position.

But what I see in the stats posted here is something you don't see wiht a lot of players: consistency. Has he improved? Well... how much can you improve when you are aleady one of the best shooters to ever play the game? He's shot over .400 from the arc every year in the league. That his historically good. And even still, he has improve. He's shooting a career best .450 right now. In a high-usage situation (over 7 three-pointers a game).

The last three seasons were his highest from inside the arc as well. All over .500. He's posting his best rebounding numbers this season. And he's a stellar defender.

If a fan can't watch a guy who shoots like that, and defenders like that, and willingly takes a subordinate role on a team to let MVP players like Curry ad KD flourish, and WIN, then I don't know how that fan can be impressed.

This guy is shooting .450 from the arc. Rebounding well. Sharing the ball. Not turning it over. Defending at an elite level. I'm not sure what else he's supposed to do.

He is AMAZING. Amazing.

Is Harden better? Is Butler better? These are subjective factors. Harden is his team's first option. Not the third option. He gets more boards. He gets more assists. But he doesn't shoot as well or defend as well. Who is better? It depends on what you value and what impresses you. They are both great. But whatever one's position is, and there is more than one legit position here, nothing can be said to suggest that Klay isn't only one of the best SGs in the league, but one of the very best shooters the league has ever seen.

We can be critical of a guy who "doesn't improve", but Wilt averaged 50 points in his third season. He never ecipsed that number, but if you knocked the first three seasons of his career off, he's still have a HOF career.

When you peform at an historically high level, it isn't easy to 'improve'. But maintaining a level of excellence season after season, and even still improving in some respect, is amazing.

Klay is an amazing shooting guard.

If somebody wants to argue a subjective point that certain players are better, that's fine because there is certainly a case to be made for guys like Harden ad Butler. But we've never seen Klay as the go-to guy like we have with Butler and Harden, so it will always be a 'what it' without a clear cut answer.

But he's great, and certainly not overrated given that he's not only never been given MVP consideration while playing at an historically amazing level, but has never even made the All-NBA second team, let along the first, and has only made the third team twice, and didn't make any All-NBA team last year. It's hard to 'over rate' somebody who so seldom gets much of a rating, and isn't considerd top 3 in his position during a season when he averages a career high, shoots over .400 from the arc and win an NBA title.

Overrated? I don't see it.
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

the poll proves the OP's theory wrong...

lmao, talked to death, YOU'RE the one who keeps bringing it up!

And again, that's what they said about lebron. ?comprende? Doesn't matter if durants move was weaker or more extreme, all that matter is a bunch of people said that same thing before and it didn't hold true, and they're doing it now again, and this ****in insane monster I see durant turning into in front of my eyes, yup, it may not hold true this time either.

time will tell
    I'm the one that keeps bringing it up? No one was talking about KD/Lebron and you posted:

It just all depends on what you're trying to rank them based off of. For example, last year KD got quite unanimous praise for his playoff run from even the most vocal opposers of his move. Because he absolutely killed it. Much like lebron in miami, when you see greatness in front of you it just doesnt matter. Remember how many people were saying **** like his titles in miami won't count, etc etc. But after seeing that type of domination, no one really sticks that weak *** argument anymore.

Golden state is still new to this situation, only 1.5 years so far, so much of how he's viewed is going to depend on how everything plays out
    You just can't stop comparing the two. But have fun trying to keep equating the two.

Oh, and people weren't saying the same stuff about Lebron and KD on the same level.
    Last edited by Saddletramp; 01-14-2018 at 02:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    Which of these guys is Klay better than:

LeBron
    KD
    Curry
    Harden
    Kawhi
    Butler
    Westbrook
    CP3
    AD
    Cousins
    Wall
    IT
    Hayward
    Griffin
    Green
    PG
    Lillard
    Embiid
    Giannis
    Kyrie
    Drummond
    Whiteside
    Horford
    Derozan
    Lowry
    Beal
    CJ
    Oladipo
    Simmons
    Kristaps
    Aldridge
    Towns
    Jokic
    Gasol
    Conley

I don't think all that guys are better but I would say majority are better or right there. Young guys that I think will pass him in the next 2 years at most:

Mitchell (we may have finally found the next Wade)
    Jaylen Brown
    Tatum
    Ingram
    Wiggins
    Lauri (dark horse)

After looking at everyone I would say with confidence he's in the 25-30 range but wouldn't be made at someone who has him in the 20-25 range. Any higher than that then I disagree.
    Lonzo Ball & Brandon Ingram

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast