Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Where does Klay rank among the best players in the league?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Top 10

0 0%
  • 11-15

3 15.00%
  • 16-20

8 40.00%
  • 21-25

5 25.00%
  • 26+

4 20.00%
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    It just all depends on what you're trying to rank them based off of. For example, last year KD got quite unanimous praise for his playoff run from even the most vocal opposers of his move. Because he absolutely killed it. Much like lebron in miami, when you see greatness in front of you it just doesnt matter. Remember how many people were saying **** like his titles in miami won't count, etc etc. But after seeing that type of domination, no one really sticks that weak *** argument anymore.

Golden state is still new to this situation, only 1.5 years so far, so much of how he's viewed is going to depend on how everything plays out
    Yeah I'm not seeing any of that sort of praise. I saw the exact opposite tbh and I think that's why KD hasn't felt any vindication in his championship, kd had a truly epic meltdown this off-season lol. But hey, maybe I missed when a legend said he just had the greatest playoff run from an individual ever. I'm down to see your references

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    The average fan only remembers specific about super-stars. Everyone else's legacy and story fades with time.
    Here's the problem with your theory, we are talking about a record setting core that has already won, this isn't exactly an advanced feat to remember. To me it's abit like suggesting people will eventually lose to ability to add 1+1=2. I don't see any, even the most casual of fans losing basic logical sense.

Then I think of those who actually care to debate this sport. What are the chances someone who posts on a forum forgets a record breaking team? Lol, how long will that take.?

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    A lesser Kevin Martin offensively with Bruce Bowen like on ball defense then. Could win 48 games on a team built around him...
    Not a bad comparison.
    Kmart was a glass sg though but his abillity to get to FT line was nice. Klay doesn’t have that.
    He’s no Bowen yet, but Klay has been deadly in playoff clutch defense.

Seriously throw a year at me, anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    It's nothing like Miami though and even then it was mostly just lebron haters saying that not most nba fans. I M joy saying it's impossible and he sucks now like that at all, just that the situation is clearly a major factor unlike we have ever seen. That's it and it's pretty simple/obvious. There are tons of other factors that separate why lebron would get praise in comparison but you don't generally care about any context so this is all unlikely to make a difference in your opinion.

Kd did not get near the same praise as many individuals (at an atg level) for their first ring and it's due to the situation. He definitely killed it in the finals series but even Warriors fans point out he isn't even the best player on his own team haha and it's not like they ever had real competition. It's just way different than anything we have seen before and most non homers won't simply give a guy major credit for jumping to such a situation.
    It is like Miami in the sense that people thought LeBron somehow shut the door on himself in the jordan argument, yet over time that was clearly not the case. Kd seems to be on the same track in the sense that if he stays crushing how he has, people will recognize that greatness.

Yes, he didn't get as much credit as other players, that's natural, same way dirk got extra credit for doing it with a relatively weak cast. But that doesn't automatically disqualify him from anything, we just have to see how it plays out

It is like Miami in the sense that people thought LeBron somehow shut the door on himself in the jordan argument, yet over time that was clearly not the case. Kd seems to be on the same track in the sense that if he stays crushing how he has, people will recognize that greatness.

Yes, he didn't get as much credit as other players, that's natural, same way dirk got extra credit for doing it with a relatively weak cast. But that doesn't automatically disqualify him from anything, we just have to see how it plays out
    Except if Bron had stooped to kds level we would definitely be saying it. Brons move was defensible given the context.

This feels more like people saying Kobe will never enter the mj conversation, then watching him win even more titles and people still being like yeah, definitely still not in the conversation.

You keep conveniently forgetting that forming>joining. If Lebron would have joined the Celtics who just beat him and had recently won a championship.............

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    You keep conveniently forgetting that forming>joining. If Lebron would have joined the Celtics who just beat him and had recently won a championship.............
    If Bron joined the Celtics, they win year 1 right?

Nah, James Harden on the other hand

I'll see myself out with the LT

On Russel Westbrook's Chances at Defensive Player of the Year:

Quote Originally Posted by Money_23 View Post
    I think he has a good case. He's the only guy who can hold Durant to under 30 points a game.

Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

But Tittays are forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Except if Bron had stooped to kds level we would definitely be saying it. Brons move was defensible given the context.

This feels more like people saying Kobe will never enter the mj conversation, then watching him win even more titles and people still being like yeah, definitely still not in the conversation.
    Defensible or not, the reason we all recognize lebron's greatness is because of how he performed on the court. Not because his move was defensible or not. We just have to see how kd plays and what he does. Sure, take context into consideration, I got no qualms with that, but again we just gotta see what he does on the court.

Because he is becoming legitimately unstoppable with the ball in his hands.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

No, I never said anything about forming vs joining. What the **** difference does that make? How is this some sort of barometer of what shuts the door on something or not?

If that's your personal stat that you use for what disqualifies someone from getting any sort of credit for how they play, then that's great, I'm sure there's more people that think like you, cool, but that really changes nothing that I said. Really what you should do is read back how I broke down in what sense I was comparing the two, in the sense that as time went on lebron's play changed a lot of opinions people first threw out there when he made his move.

All you gotta do is let time pass, and maybe you'll be right, maybe kd will end up with an underwhelming run in golden state, or maybe you'll be wrong, maybe he will string together incredible playoff performances equivalent to some of the best we've ever seen. who knows?

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

How would it not matter? You still don't think a guy joining the best team in the league (that's been touted as the GOAT team) wouldn't have an easier time then a guy that joined two dudes and scrubs? Forget it, you're a lost cause.

Defensible or not, the reason we all recognize lebron's greatness is because of how he performed on the court. Not because his move was defensible or not. We just have to see how kd plays and what he does. Sure, take context into consideration, I got no qualms with that, but again we just gotta see what he does on the court.

Because he is becoming legitimately unstoppable with the ball in his hands.
    Except you cannot remove context from any assessment of greatness. Had Bron had it similarly easy, it would have diminished his greatness as well. Fortunately Bron never sided with the enemies at hand.

I actually think kd is having one of his lesser seasons offensively and has been thoroughly outshined by curry. I can't remember the last time kd has had to do so little offensively. Maybe that's playing into his improved defense tho. Maybe I have higher standards from watching the true elites of this game but I haven't been impressed, feel like he's under achieved to be honest with you. I wonder how much of a back seat he can take.

Klay is not your alpha type player.

doesn't really have the quickness or handles to separate, but he's the best 3 and D guy at the SG position. Second best shooter in NBA History, what more can you ask for?

Great Teammate, low maintenance, works hard, and never really misses games.
    Last edited by BKLYNpigeon; 01-14-2018 at 12:20 AM.

How would it not matter? You still don't think a guy joining the best team in the league (that's been touted as the GOAT team) wouldn't have an easier time then a guy that joined two dudes and scrubs? Forget it, you're a lost cause.
    What does that have to do with anything? So does this mean that because of the team he joined, he already can't reach a particular status?

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast