Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Where does Klay rank among the best players in the league?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Top 10

1 3.85%
  • 11-15

3 11.54%
  • 16-20

9 34.62%
  • 21-25

8 30.77%
  • 26+

5 19.23%
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    Most overrated? I think he's the most underrated. Top ten player in the league.
    There we go! I knew there was somebody on PSD who would help me prove my point. Thank you for your crazy opinion, sir! It is much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    Bucks vs raptors in the ECF. Mark my words.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    ...I paid far more attention to these kind of debates it seems if you honestly can't recall the many times its come up.
    There it is! It took a while Chronz but you finally got there.

This is exactly what I said to you. I clarified this for you 3 or 4 times.

How can you have the definitive answer when we are talking about our perception? I have no reason to lie to you when I tell you that most of the conversations I have read lately on psd regarding Russell seem to involve more discussion and dissection of his offensive abilities than whether he has great teammates. None. But you go ahead and tell me what I've read because I know you have a need to be right.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    There we go! I knew there was somebody on PSD who would help me prove my point. Thank you for your crazy opinion, sir! It is much appreciated!
    One scrub on PSD putting player in top-10 + >20% not putting him in the top 15 + only 2 All-NBA appearance - any AllNBA 1st or 2nd team appearance - any All-defensive appearances = most overrated player in the league.
    Last edited by JasonJohnHorn; Yesterday at 09:23 PM.
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    There it is! It took a while Chronz but you finally got there.

This is exactly what I said to you. I clarified this for you 3 or 4 times.

How can you have the definitive answer when we are talking about our perception? I have no reason to lie to you when I tell you that most of the conversations I have read lately on psd regarding Russell seem to involve more discussion and dissection of his offensive abilities than whether he has great teammates. None. But you go ahead and tell me what I've read because I know you have a need to be right.

Except this was your comment.

It never comes down to how good his teammates were - same for Russell.....

It has literally been said about guys like russ from day 1 . It takes an awful lot of ignorance (that's not an insult, its my honest opinion that you're making grandiose claims without abit of research or much thought) to not see why it would be. Whether it's baseless or not is irrelevant but you cannot ignore the argument exists.

Take it from me, its not a need to be right, its a need to enlighten and/or debate. So think this out logically, a large portion of a players legacy hinges on how much they win. Bill Russell is the greatest winner ever, the OBVIOUS counter to that has and will always be to point to an allegedly, markedly superior supporting cast. You honestly think people hold Russell in high regard because of anything more than his winning ways? I mean why wouldn't supporting casts be mentioned when they're so influential to a players career.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Except this was your comment.

It never comes down to how good his teammates were - same for Russell.....

It has literally been said about guys like russ from day 1 . It takes an awful lot of ignorance (that's not an insult, its my honest opinion that you're making grandiose claims without abit of research or much thought) to not see why it would be. Whether it's baseless or not is irrelevant but you cannot ignore the argument exists.

Take it from me, its not a need to be right, its a need to enlighten and/or debate. So think this out logically, a large portion of a players legacy hinges on how much they win. Bill Russell is the greatest winner ever, the OBVIOUS counter to that has and will always be to point to an allegedly, markedly superior supporting cast. You honestly think people hold Russell in high regard because of anything more than his winning ways? I mean why wouldn't supporting casts be mentioned when they're so influential to a players career.
    There are a few things I don't agree with here.

I don't believe Russell is held so highly purely for the winning - so throw that out. I think he has dropped justifiably in public opinion because people have looked closer beyond the myth into his hardly overwhelming offensive numbers and asked the hard questions. Such is the times.

That doesn t mean I don't think there haven't been people who argued that his place was propped up on the basis of his superior teammates - i never said any such thing, I just believe, and again only from my experience, that people are getting better at separating man made constructs like 'winner' and 'champion' to evaluate more clearly players based simply on what they did or can do. You may not believe that, but I do. You can see how it's killing Iverson can't you? Iverson is sliding down people's lists in the light of cold facts.

I feel we are making progress beyond looking at rings as a useful judge of anything, although clearly based on your comment you do not. They are highly circumstantial and with the earning of them - if you want to call it that, fans are saddled with memories of outsized importance compared to the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

^^^ loves progress

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post
    One scrub on PSD putting player in top-10 + >20% not putting him in the top 15 + only 2 All-NBA appearance - any AllNBA 1st or 2nd team appearance - any All-defensive appearances = most overrated player in the league.
    Again, I guess I'll have to repeat myself, but it's blatantly ignorant to try and disprove my entire argument based off of an unscientific poll on PSD that had literally nothing to do with my original post. But you ignored that just like you've ignored every other point I've made in the last week yet responded to anyway for some reason.

If you're not going to read what I write and respond to the points I make, then just don't respond to me at all. I don't come to PSD to debate with brick walls. I come to debate sports, which you clearly have no desire to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    Bucks vs raptors in the ECF. Mark my words.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314