Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I guess I'm going to have to be the one to say it;

It's Vee-Rex's fault.

On Russel Westbrook's Chances at Defensive Player of the Year:

Quote Originally Posted by Money_23 View Post
    I think he has a good case. He's the only guy who can hold Durant to under 30 points a game.

Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

But Tittays are forever.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    The Cavs are deep on paper, but their system sucks and their effort is horrible. If there's a loose ball on the ground, are you putting your money on any Cavs player (excluding maybe Crowder, possibly Tristan)?

Nobody is doing the dirty work and playing with a chip on their shoulder. They're just coasting.
    Until the playoffs but we'll all know this by now. They coasted in Miami and they're coasting in Cleveland. I don't see why every year people want to make a big deal about it, we know it's coming. But I understand people want to build false hope so It doesn't seem like a wasted season, nothing wrong with that but there's going to be some disappointed people.
    RIP lol, please!

8/1/2011 - 01/28/2018

You may not be with us anymore but your name, legacy, and what you stood for will last forever!

Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    Until the playoffs but we'll all know this by now. They coasted in Miami and they're coasting in Cleveland. I don't see why every year people want to make a big deal about it, we know it's coming. But I understand people want to build false hope so It doesn't seem like a wasted season, nothing wrong with that but there's going to be some disappointed people.
    What are you talking about exactly with false hope?

The Cavs as they are playing (even during their best ball of the season back in November) have absolutely no defensive grit, and nobody would be shocked by a sweep by the Warriors and a 7 game series with the Celtics who in all reality they should have enough talent to sweep easily.

Cleveland's version of "turning it up" still relies on outscoring the opponent.

What are you talking about exactly with false hope?

The Cavs as they are playing (even during their best ball of the season back in November) have absolutely no defensive grit, and nobody would be shocked by a sweep by the Warriors and a 7 game series with the Celtics who in all reality they should have enough talent to sweep easily.

Cleveland's version of "turning it up" still relies on outscoring the opponent.
    False hope that a team in the East can actually hang with the Cavs in the playoffs. The Cavs were terrible defensively last year too, they have better defenders and depth this year. I'm not worried in the least, plus there will be a move or 2 at the deadline to improve.

One of their first round picks is being traded whether it's the Nets (hopefully) or the Cavs.
    RIP lol, please!

8/1/2011 - 01/28/2018

You may not be with us anymore but your name, legacy, and what you stood for will last forever!

Who shoulders the responsibility for the Cavs current situation?

They lack defense and don't have the motivation right now most likely given finals run after finals run. Kyrie ditched. Lebron is about to finally start slowing down for real.

Still are probably favorites in the east this season come playoffs but they aren't gonna be close to winning championships anymore with gs around.

False hope that a team in the East can actually hang with the Cavs in the playoffs. The Cavs were terrible defensively last year too, they have better defenders and depth this year. I'm not worried in the least, plus there will be a move or 2 at the deadline to improve.

One of their first round picks is being traded whether it's the Nets (hopefully) or the Cavs.
    Can you show me anyone outside of a handful of homers and haters who thinks the Cavs are not guaranteed an ECF ticket and a nod on a Finals flight?

Everyone knows they are all but guaranteed to get to the Finals barring an injury to LeBron or Love. What's driving topics like this is the fact they are ALSO likely guaranteed to be embarrassed in the Finals and face a summer of salary cap hell trying to negotiate a max request from IT and figure out of they can convince LeBron as well to stay.

This topic is made because people are looking at the alternative that had them with a young superstar Kyrie a possible 22 year old budding all-star Wiggins and a much longer window to contend year in year out along with internal growth potential. Right now they are old and not getting better. And many role players are on bad contracts.

Can you show me anyone outside of a handful of homers and haters who thinks the Cavs are not guaranteed an ECF ticket and a nod on a Finals flight?

Everyone knows they are all but guaranteed to get to the Finals barring an injury to LeBron or Love. What's driving topics like this is the fact they are ALSO likely guaranteed to be embarrassed in the Finals and face a summer of salary cap hell trying to negotiate a max request from IT and figure out of they can convince LeBron as well to stay.

This topic is made because people are looking at the alternative that had them with a young superstar Kyrie a possible 22 year old budding all-star Wiggins and a much longer window to contend year in year out along with internal growth potential. Right now they are old and not getting better. And many role players are on bad contracts.
    Go to the recent gamethreads and you'll see multiple people saying they don't think they can beat the Raptors or Celtics, it's full of false hope.

There better equipped this year to face GS than they were last year. Also IT hasn't even got going yet, he's just working his way back. I will say the couple times he's got hot since returning they started running away with the game. They've pretty much played this entire season as if Kyrie got injured for the year. Their bench is far better this year too.
    RIP lol, please!

8/1/2011 - 01/28/2018

Wade has the 27th best defensive rating in the league and 4 times the net rating of LeBron....
    Wade's top 5 lineups played at least 3 games all have Lebron and Korver in it. I'm guessing all of that rating comes against scrubs with Lebron and Korver carrying. Lebron's net rating is lower because he plays against starters, too. What Wade does is valuable, but let's not blow it out of proportion or try to obfuscate it with numbers that don't say what you want them to say when you actually put them in context.

Griffin was fired
    No he wasn't.

No team has any guarantees. There are good teams in the NBA other than the Warriors and Cavs.

Coach: offense and defensive schemes are terrible. Doesn't demand enough out of his players.
    Bad example because he's the GOAT but if they had a Pop type coach they would be much much better. And by that I mean just a smart coach with good schemes and doesn't allow his players to give half effort.
    I hear Luke Walton might be available soon.

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    I hear Luke Walton might be available soon.
    Fizdale is out there right now, they should snag him.
    RIP lol, please!

8/1/2011 - 01/28/2018

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    No he wasn't.
    You're right but they were going to pay him to come back.
    RIP lol, please!

8/1/2011 - 01/28/2018

Trade TT, IT, and Smith + nets pick in exchange for Dwight, kemba and other peripheral pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Trade TT, IT, and Smith + nets pick in exchange for Dwight, kemba and other peripheral pieces.
    You really think so? I've been thinking about them but having a hard time coming up with something worthwhile.
    RIP lol, please!

8/1/2011 - 01/28/2018

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast