Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zn23 View Post
    The MVP is very wide open right now. You can make a strong case for and against all the top candidates.
    My dude tredigs will deny it, but there is no case for anyone over DeRozan if we're being responsible.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    My dude tredigs will deny it, but there is no case for anyone over DeRozan if we're being responsible.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk
    I think it's Jimmy Butler with LeBron taking a step back lately. Leading the best team in the West.
    RIP lol, please!

8/1/2011 - 01/28/2018

You may not be with us anymore but your name, legacy, and what you stood for will last forever!

Yeah, the MVP Race can pretty much come down to the line as someone already said. There are so many different variables.

Lebron is doing wonders yet again
    What if Toronto or Boston end up with the 1 seed in the East and near 60 wins? I would think that would catapult Irving and/or Derozan up to near the top.
    What if the Bucks or Wizards go on a torrid pace to end the year? Do you consider Wall's/Giannis's impact?

There were a lot of arguments for Harden for MVP in 2015, and if Westbrook didn't average a Triple Double, then he could've got it last season. If Houston ends up at least 2nd, do he finally nab one?
    If Minnesota stays hot, then KAT and Butler will garner votes...
    San Antonio has been strong, despite not being with Kawhi.... mainly thanks to the quietly good season that Lemarcus Aldridge is having (22-9 on good shooting percentages)... Once Leonard is back, it'll be interesting to see if he reduces the numbers or not, but if he doesn't, does Lemarcus garner some votes?
    From Golden State, I think that only Durant has a shot at MVP (seeing that Steph has missed a chunk already due to injury)

My prediction is that Harden will win it this season, as he's been fantastic and if it weren't for legendary seasons, he might have a couple already. Right now: it seems like

Harden
    Durant
    Butler/KAT (The feel good story team tends to draw MVP votes for their best players)
    Irving/Derozan (Finishing above a Lebron led team, usually leads to MVP votes)
    Giannis/Wall

Of course, watch how Lebron destroys this in the next 20 games, averaging a triple double on 80% shooting

On Russel Westbrook's Chances at Defensive Player of the Year:

Quote Originally Posted by Money_23 View Post
    I think he has a good case. He's the only guy who can hold Durant to under 30 points a game.

Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

But Tittays are forever.

Bucks got a cool lil squad here. Considering he has no jumpshot, Giannis offensive game is about as beautiful as it gets

Big up to Kerr for giving looney big minutes in his hometown, including closing the 4th. had 40 people at the game. He low key killed it

Quote Originally Posted by Cal827 View Post
    Yeah, the MVP Race can pretty much come down to the line as someone already said. There are so many different variables.

Lebron is doing wonders yet again
    What if Toronto or Boston end up with the 1 seed in the East and near 60 wins? I would think that would catapult Irving and/or Derozan up to near the top.
    What if the Bucks or Wizards go on a torrid pace to end the year? Do you consider Wall's/Giannis's impact?

There were a lot of arguments for Harden for MVP in 2015, and if Westbrook didn't average a Triple Double, then he could've got it last season. If Houston ends up at least 2nd, do he finally nab one?
    If Minnesota stays hot, then KAT and Butler will garner votes...
    San Antonio has been strong, despite not being with Kawhi.... mainly thanks to the quietly good season that Lemarcus Aldridge is having (22-9 on good shooting percentages)... Once Leonard is back, it'll be interesting to see if he reduces the numbers or not, but if he doesn't, does Lemarcus garner some votes?
    From Golden State, I think that only Durant has a shot at MVP (seeing that Steph has missed a chunk already due to injury)

My prediction is that Harden will win it this season, as he's been fantastic and if it weren't for legendary seasons, he might have a couple already. Right now: it seems like

Harden
    Durant
    Butler/KAT (The feel good story team tends to draw MVP votes for their best players)
    Irving/Derozan (Finishing above a Lebron led team, usually leads to MVP votes)
    Giannis/Wall

Of course, watch how Lebron destroys this in the next 20 games, averaging a triple double on 80% shooting
    You can't be MVP of the league if you're not the MVP of your team (and Green might be more important than KD, too). Without Curry, they take a step back. Without KD, they still look like world beaters.

the plus/minus arguments.... MAAAAAAN

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    You can't be MVP of the league if you're not the MVP of your team (and Green might be more important than KD, too). Without Curry, they take a step back. Without KD, they still look like world beaters.
    Durant would be great on any team but i have doubts he could carry a team to the finals... curry though wouldnt sniff the MVP if he was on a meh or even a good team... He would still be a very good player but nowhere near the player he is because people could actually defend him and he himself would actually have to defend and exert a large amount of energy game after game like the majority of other top players... curry doesnt have to do that because he has quite literally 4 of the top defenders in the sport along side of him in green/iggy/klay/durant.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post

the plus/minus arguments.... MAAAAAAN
    Idk why we're talking about +\-. Everyone knows "PEMDAS". Parenthesis, exponents, multiplication, division, addition, subtraction.

Thank me later

Every time I watch the Bucks it strikes me how much they play like Kidd. Physical aggressive D, weak outside shot.

I love Brogdon. If the Warriors McCaw had Brogdon's confidence he'd be a much better player than he is.

Looney is half on the trade block and the Bucks are a team the Warriors have talked to. It's not just about his home town ... it's about marketing Looney as a trade piece to the Bucks. Bucks, how about Looney and McGee for a 1st?
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Every time I watch the Bucks it strikes me how much they play like Kidd. Physical aggressive D, weak outside shot.

I love Brogdon. If the Warriors McCaw had Brogdon's confidence he'd be a much better player than he is.

Looney is half on the trade block and the Bucks are a team the Warriors have talked to. It's not just about his home town ... it's about marketing Looney as a trade piece to the Bucks. Bucks, how about Looney and McGee for a 1st?
    I ****en hate kid. And I'm not going to argue it. If you are looking for a job, I strongly urge you.to apply for the next head coaching job of the Bucks. Anyone can do a better job than jkidd

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    I ****en hate kid. And I'm not going to argue it. If you are looking for a job, I strongly urge you.to apply for the next head coaching job of the Bucks. Anyone can do a better job than jkidd
    That’s funny, I was specifically impressed by kidd last night too. Some of that ball movement was ridiculous, def had a couple oohs on some of those bucks possessions, the way they moved the ball.

If they pick up another star they’d probably be competing with Boston for a while

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    That’s funny, I was specifically impressed by kidd last night too. Some of that ball movement was ridiculous, def had a couple oohs on some of those bucks possessions, the way they moved the ball.

If they pick up another star they’d probably be competing with Boston for a while
    We normally play up to the competition. Play well vs. decent teams. And **** the bed vs bad ones. Like losing to Dallas. Phoenix, Indy, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    You mean like Kobe off the court trash? Or what?
    No, like the one in Milwaukee ever since the Lakers stole Kareem.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Ingram 5 assists and 5 rebounds 9 min into the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers + Giants View Post
    Ingram 5 assists and 5 rebounds 9 min into the game.
    My bad, didn't even realize there was an early game lol. I just put up a new game thread

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast