Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

The lakers eying David Fizdale to replace Luke Walton??

ESPN.com's Brian Windhorst appeared on The Rich Eisen Show on Friday and said he's been contacted by executives and agents who believe Luke Walton may not be long for the Los Angeles Lakers.

"Whatever you want to say about LaVar Ball, he has smoked out the fact that the Lakers do not support Luke Walton," Windhorst said (h/t Slam's Ryne Nelson). "And that is now crystal-clear."

Windhorst added: "And there are now guys out there wondering openly to me—executives, coaches, agents—who the Lakers are going to hire as their next coach."

Beyond that, Windhorst cited agents and executives who think the Lakers are "probably going to hire" former Miami Heat assistant and former Memphis Grizzlies head coach David Fizdale if Walton is let go.

The lost boys

I was just about to post this, maybe LaVar is on to something. I don’t know how I feel about this, I like Luke. But maybe it’s time to move on.

Not sure how legit is this, time will tell.

Heard the clip windy makin it sounds like people around the league are in his ear tellin him this... time will tell.

Nothing is imminent

I wouldn’t make the change so fast, hire him on as an assistant but let Luke finish the season.

Pretty surprised to be hearing about this, tbh. Would have thought Magic would have had his back a bit more. Unless there is some discontent among Ingram/Ball who would want him gone, the opinion of anyone else on the team not liking the coach shouldn't matter. Especially when the team is far from a contender anyway.

^Yea idg it for sure. Weird timing, probably no real truth to it barely than some whispers. Magic made a mistake being so vocal coming out and now being so quiet. The way Luke coaches isn't bad, his rotations are horrible at times but he's not a bad coach. I really do enjoy watching this team get up and down the court, they love to run andit's really fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    ^Yea idg it for sure. Weird timing, probably no real truth to it barely than some whispers. Magic made a mistake being so vocal coming out and now being so quiet. The way Luke coaches isn't bad, his rotations are horrible at times but he's not a bad coach. I really do enjoy watching this team get up and down the court, they love to run andit's really fun to watch.
    One thing I would like to see is some continuity in terms of what kind of team they're going to be. Are they going to be a tough, gritty defensive-minded team? Are they going to be a run and gun, fast break team? There is no identity whatsoever. And I believe it is on the coach to establish that identity.

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    Not sure what to make of it all but the chatter is getting louder and louder. I hate magic “the business man” I’m good the basketball mind so far, however, he has handled this lavar and Luke thing horribly. He’s been way too quiet. He should have jumped behind Luke wether the story is true or not. The lakers are in a bad position now. If Luke is let go it will look as if lavar played a part in this. Also, if I’m not mistaken I believe lavar and fizdale are friends from wayy back. Just a bit more fuel to add to the fire. Oh yeah and crank up the Lebron to la talk.

The lost boys

I'm torn on this because I don't think this constant changing of coaches is helpful to the rebuild... however at the same time I'm not a big fan of Luke and I'm not sure he's the guy to take us to the next level. If we are going to do this personally I would rather we did it right away and get it over with... I wouldn't wait until the offseason, get the guy you want in there and let him start shaping the team. Making the change now gives him a head start on establishing what he wants to do, also the last thing this team needs is more distractions if it gets dragged along to the offseason.

Who knows if this is true. His ties to Miami and Lebron are interesting. If this is true, you wander if Lebron is calling the shots on what he wants in order to come to LA.

this is dumb, no info coming from within the organization. no way in hell a new regime will already fire their young coach so fast. no news here, close thread

I really don't know much about Fizdale. But something I heard 2 ladies talking about in a laundromat comes to mind.

One Chic was complaining about her boyfriend that he's an arsehole and what not. That she was gonna leave him. Her friends response was, "If you're just gonna leave this arsehole for another arsehole then why not just keep the one you got."

Can you guys please let me know about this Fizdale guy. Is he a good coach or what? Are the Lakers gonna get rid of one lame duck for another lame duck?

IF the mentioned Superstars are thinking of coming and they prefer, for example, Fizdale, would the FO be pressured to make that move. Who knows. Magic has a strong personality but the Lakers are his baby.

Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    I really don't know much about Fizdale. But something I heard 2 ladies talking about in a laundromat comes to mind.

One Chic was complaining about her boyfriend that he's an arsehole and what not. That she was gonna leave him. Her friends response was, "If you're just gonna leave this arsehole for another arsehole then why not just keep the one you got."

Can you guys please let me know about this Fizdale guy. Is he a good coach or what? Are the Lakers gonna get rid of one lame duck for another lame duck?
    Then paying for two lame ducks.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast