Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Is Stephen Curry more unguardable than Shaq?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes (look at his efficiency).

1 5.00%
  • No (screw efficiency).

19 95.00%
  • Other (ban my account if I don't write player's name in thread).

0 0%
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Here's Curry in one of his terrible Finals getting shut down in the pivotal game 5 (series 2-2, 2015 Finals)

......waaaaaaaaaaaait a second!

That was his second 17 point 4th quarter (MJ's All Time record) in that Finals (his 1st) by the way.
    Last edited by tredigs; 01-12-2018 at 02:03 AM.

Hes hard to guard but the deck is stacked when you have another historically gifted three baller and one of the most efficient impossible to guard gigantic SF scorers of all time as well lol

Also, hed be a stud at any time but hed be much easier to guard say in the 90s on the perimeter with the rules they had in place.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post

Do yourself a favor and watch this video. These guys are all leaving their man to try and deflect Shaq's shot. We are not talking about 2-3 defenders.. the entire Kings players are all trying to defend Shaq.
    This is no slight to Curry, but you switch Curry with Shaq, Lakes don't win these chips and GS would be undefeated. The team would have zero weakness and you could never double Shaq which means he scores every time down.

Curry is in a perfect free flowing offense that hits on all cylinders whether he is there or not wtf Tre. He's the shiniest wheel on a rolls Royce of an offense.

Shaq had to Carry a team that would have been a first round exit without him. Everything you have said falls outside the context of being the more dependable dominator, which means you are more dominance. Those stats don't mean anything if Shaq is going to the bench in the 4th of blowouts in the 1st round of playoffs.

If Klay is on fire, GS does not need or miss Curry what so ever.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Curry is in a perfect free flowing offense that hits on all cylinders whether he is there or not wtf Tre.
    A legitimate time where I actually just "stopped reading".

You... could not know less hoops than that last statement. Educate yourself (be it eye test, numbers, I don't care) on the subject or just stop writing about it. Especially to somebody like myself who not only watches all the games but knows all the numbers behind it. FFS try this **** on your nephews, **** outta here lol.

What is this thread? Shaq was the most dominate big man to ever play. He was 71 280+ and could not be stopped. Curry isnt hard to guard. Players like Westbrook,Beverly, etc can stop curry.

Quote Originally Posted by Finesser View Post
    What is this thread? Shaq was the most dominate big man to ever play. He was 71 280+ and could not be stopped. Curry isnt hard to guard. Players like Westbrook,Beverly, etc can stop curry.
    LOL. And have just chosen not to their whole career I take it?

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    Different era, different game.
    False.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    LOL. And have just chosen not to their whole career I take it?
    I mean, he will always get his, that doesn't mean players don't guard him and make it tough for him at times. You can guard someone successfully without shutting them down completely.

Curry makes what would be impossible shots for almost any other player, and many of these are contested shots, and that's the main difference here. Curry will beat you with contested shots if he has to. You can't even contest Shaqs on the other hand.

Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    I mean, he will always get his, that doesn't mean players don't guard him and make it tough for him at times. You can guard someone successfully without shutting them down completely.

Curry makes what would be impossible shots for almost any other player, and many of these are contested shots, and that's the main difference here. Curry will beat you with contested shots if he has to. You can't even contest Shaqs on the other hand.

If that were true we would expect Shaq's efficiency to be far better than Curry's though, correct? Just looking at playoffs alone we see that Shaq had an eFG% of 56.3%. Curry? eFG% of 56.2% Through their prime (99-03 for Shaq and 14-17 for Curry), 54.5% for Shaq and 57.3% for Curry. That's on 27 ppg in 36 minutes for Curry. 29 ppg in 41+ minutes for Shaq. Now factor in that Curry's the best FT shooter of All Time and Shaq shot 50% from the stripe in this period. So, why don't the stats flesh out the narrative?

I mean using ppg and TS% how does Harden compare to Shaq? Is he as unguardable? Think of guys like Dantley or Iceman throughout history and if they are normally considered on this level?

I think people are misunderstanding the difference between stopping a player (how you guard them) and their production. If I am doubling you all game and you still get the same points and efficiency as someone going 1v1 that's a bit different. Shaq's production was slowed as teams had to drastically change and gameplan for him. This imo is part of the reason why such a young Kobe had one of his best post seasons ever in 01, the attention Shaq was getting. This isn't to say Curry doesn't also have a big impact but I just don't think we are gonna find it using ppg and TS% when stuff like that gives Harden arguments...

I <3 rr

Who can Micheal Jordan and Lebron James guard Curry or Shaq?

Quote Originally Posted by lol, please:32095475
    False.

Explain.
    Its about winning, Stoudemire said. You win, youre going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you dont win, nobody really wants to see you.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast