Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Is Stephen Curry more unguardable than Shaq?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes (look at his efficiency).

1 6.25%
  • No (screw efficiency).

15 93.75%
  • Other (ban my account if I don't write player's name in thread).

0 0%
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Did Shaq in his prime ever have a WCF or Finals performance as bad as Curry in 2016?
    Honestly I don't know, I can't remember, and it doesn't matter. His overall offense in those playoff runs is clearly worse. What else needs to be said when that is the main point for Shaq and the main (perceived) detractment for Curry. Also I'd be less apt to ding Shaq in a playoff series where he had already missed multiple weeks of playoff time prior to that series. I probably wouldn't expect him to be in peak form re-entering the post-season like that. But that's a tale for another day lol. This would be a closer debate if Shaq had a Curry-like passing ability, and that's saying a lot.

I think for a lot of people these days the myth+highlights of Shaq are greater than the reality of his play (GOAT level player at his peak, but a man with limits none the less).
    Last edited by tredigs; 01-12-2018 at 12:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Your delusion is on a level. Curry has no finals MVP's. Shaq had 3.

So yes Curry is not nearly as dependable or as hard to stop as Shaq. Screw fetishes and Wet dreams, use you eyes. Delladovea Shut him down. Stop Tre, it painful.
    Curry tied the All Time 4th quarter points total record in a Finals (Jordan's record) against Delladova in that 1st Finals win for him... twice.

That's the player you think got shut down. Let that sink in.

Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Hmmm. Yet per-36 in Shaq's PEAK playoff years from 99-04 in LA he averaged 23.7 ppg on a 56% TS (100 games)

Per-36 through Curry's peak playoff years (past 3 years... 56 games so far... and soon to be the next few years to come) he's averaged 26.9 PPG on a 62% TS. Now consider that Curry leads the NBA by a massive margin in secondary assists and is 5X the playmaker that Shaq is in general.

Yes, Curry is far more unarguable and dangerous offensively than Shaq. Tired/dead narratives be damned.
    Your delusion is on a level. Curry has no finals MVP's. Shaq had 3.

So yes Curry is not nearly as dependable or as hard to stop as Shaq. Screw fetishes and Wet dreams, use you eyes. Delladovea Shut him down. Stop Tre, it painful.

Honestly I don't know, I can't remember, and it doesn't matter. His overall offense in those playoff runs is clearly worse. What else needs to be said when that is the main point for Shaq and the main (perceived) detractment for Curry. Also I'd be less apt to ding Shaq in a playoff series where he had already missed multiple weeks of playoff time prior to that series. I probably wouldn't expect him to be in peak form re-entering the post-season like that. But that's a tale for another day lol. This would be a closer debate if Shaq had a Curry-like passing ability, and that's saying a lot.

I think for a lot of people these days the myth+highlights of Shaq are greater than the reality of his play (GOAT level player at his peak, but a man with limits none the less).
    Actually it would be a debate if Curry couldn't be put on his --- by anyone in the league at any time.

You are most definitely the biggest homer on this board. So far you've said that Durant isn't close to Curry and Shaq vs Curry isn't eve debateable. Bro, you need to trade in your goggles. Your the only one seeing through that lense.

Actually it would be a debate if Curry couldn't be put on his --- by anyone in the league at any time.

You are most definitely the biggest homer on this board. So far you've said that Durant isn't close to Curry and Shaq vs Curry isn't eve debateable. Bro, you need to trade in your goggles. Your the only one seeing through that lense.
    Irony. I'm the one here backing up my stance and posting FACTS. You're posting **** all and getting angry because your perception doesn't relate to reality.

Irony. I'm the one here backing up my stance and posting FACTS. You're posting **** all and getting angry because your perception doesn't relate to reality.

It's a fact that Delladovs one on one gloved him up by "unstoppable standards" he was shut down by Delly.

OK Tre at that point, Curry is easier to stop than Shaq. Without a pick, Curry isn't nearly as hard to guard. Shaq was dealing with two people down low and eating them. Just saying Tre, anyone who doesn't ride Curry's sack hard, aint going to think Curry is harder to stop than Shaq after seeing Delly give him.
    Last edited by IKnowHoops; 01-12-2018 at 01:09 AM.

It's a fact that Delladovs one on one gloved him up by "unstoppable standards" he was shut down by Delly.

OK Tre at that point, Curry is easier to stop than Shaq. Without a pick, Curry isn't nearly as hard to guard. Shaq was dealing with two people down low and eating them. Just saying Tre, anyone who doesn't ride Curry's sack hard, is going to think Curry is harder to stop than Shaq after seeing Delly give him.
    No, what you are saying is anything but a fact lmao. And it's irrelevant. I'm talking about in the gran scheme of things (and focusing primarily on the playoffs). One man is clearly outpacing the other on offense.

HILARIOUS to think/communicate that Curry was single teamed in that series, btw. Hint: There's a reason why Iguodala was wide open on every shot he took (up to and including driving from the 3pt line to the rim in a half court set without anybody showing lol).

If there was a reality where Steph was more dominant than Shaq lol...I assure you, he would also have 3 finals MVP's right now.

Shaq couldn't not win an MVP in the finals at that level. Kobe did everything he could to try to win, but wasn't close. In reality Andre Iguadala took the rink from Curry. That is the reality Tre, not some vague five year span. I'm talking about always being dependable. 3mvps is more dependable than 0 mvps my young friend.

If there was a reality where Steph was more dominant than Shaq lol...I assure you, he would also have 3 finals MVP's right now.

Shaq couldn't not win an MVP in the finals at that level. Kobe did everything he could to try to win, but wasn't close. In reality Andre Iguadala took the rink from Curry. That is the reality Tre, not some vague five year span. I'm talking about always being dependable. 3mvps is more dependable than 0 mvps my young friend.
    Mk buddy. Your vague ramblings sound like a but ringz Kobe stan after Lebron had passed him 3 years prior. We can continue this debate later if you actually have something of substance to say.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Did Shaq in his prime ever have a WCF or Finals performance as bad as Curry in 2016?
    Does Shaq lose Finals MVP to Andre Iguodala? Lmao. This is hilarious. Curry is on another level offensively when he's knocking threes down but you can't rely on the guy right now to the extent Shaq was capable of taking on double teams and still pummeling his way to the basket. Unbelievable. I remember watching him dominate the Nets and thought I may have to find a different sport if they allowed Shaq to do this season after season. I felt so bad for Keith Van Horn (one of my fave players that time). It was brutal watching him try to defend Shaq and one elbow check to his chest and Keith just stepped aside.

No, what you are saying is anything but a fact lmao. And it's irrelevant. I'm talking about in the gran scheme of things (and focusing primarily on the playoffs). One man is clearly outpacing the other on offense.

HILARIOUS to think/communicate that Curry was single teamed in that series, btw. Hint: There's a reason why Iguodala was wide open on every shot he took (up to and including driving from the 3pt line to the rim in a half court set without anybody showing lol).
    Lol, look at you. Iggy being open had nothing to do with his MVP lmfao. It was deemed his contribution on defense against the chosen one was more valuable than Curry's underwhelming performance against a career 3rd string point guard.

And I'm talking grand scheme and always being there. Shaq was an animal at the highest moments. Curry was not..

Hurray for Curry he dropped more 40 point games against 8th seed playoff teams.

Look up finals then get back to me and then you will finally understand what I'm sating about dependability.

Since we know Shaq was better in finals, your stats may just prove Curry tried harder in blowouts than Shaq did.

And now we also know that Drob was better than Dream right!? Because that's exactly what you just proved with your stats. Thanks Tre
    Last edited by IKnowHoops; 01-12-2018 at 01:30 AM.

Mk buddy. Your vague ramblings sound like a but ringz Kobe stan after Lebron had passed him 3 years prior. We can continue this debate later if you actually have something of substance to say.
    Its a fact Shaq was harder to stop in the finals than Steph Curry.

If you are at the park and you can choose one: Curry or Shaq at their prime. Don't lie to yourself and say you will choose Curry. It's an absolute lie.

Do yourself a favor and watch this video. These guys are all leaving their man to try and deflect Shaq's shot. We are not talking about 2-3 defenders.. the entire Kings players are all trying to defend Shaq.

8:40

Are you kidding me? Steph is supposed to be more unguardable than that?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast