Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Is Stephen Curry more unguardable than Shaq?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes (look at his efficiency).

    1 5.26%
  • No (screw efficiency).

    18 94.74%
  • Other (ban my account if I don't write player's name in thread).

    0 0%
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 166
  1. #91
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    21,793
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Curry is in his 9th season and in his peak, there is no signs of him slowing down in the least. Nash would have multiple MVPs and 5 All NBA teams after Currys current age. And Nash wasn't what Curry is. It's cute that you think he would just be "good player/volume shooter" on a bottom feeder though lol. You don't get how dominant he is.
    Nobody but you "gets it". That much should be obvious by now.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

    but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Still1Ballin's basement
    Posts
    26,612
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    This. Shaq would feast on today's slim fast league
    Feast? He would change the rules again. I like the Warriors as an all-time team but they would get crushed against a 01 Prime Shaq.

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    24,873
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    I hate agreeing with you but the Rolls Royce analogy is right on the button

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk
    "The shiniest wheel of a Rolls Royce" is what you choose to agree with him on? Lol what does that even mean? You people have some wheels that are shinier than others?

    Lol anyways, if you agree with his general sentiment that the offense fires on all cylinders with or without him, you simply don't watch enough of the team and/or have spent zero time looking at the teams numbers when he's there or not. It's not a small dip, either. By and large over the years it has proven to be a MASSIVE hit to their team O if he is on the bench/injured. In this particular season (with this GOAT roster that includes an MVP, a sharpshooting legend and well oiled role players offensively), Curry has 916 minutes on the court, and 1110 minutes off the court. When he's ON the court the Warriors have a 123.8 Offensive Rating (about 8 points higher then the best offense in NBA history), and when he's OFF the court the Warriors have a 108.1 Offensive rating (would fall just above the Pistons at 14th in the NBA). Overall Curry's net rating (offense and defense) is a +14.1. Durant's for comparison is a +2.1.

    Curry back to #1 in the NBA in RPM again today btw.

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    24,873
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    Nobody but you "gets it". That much should be obvious by now.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk
    Oh, plenty of people get it. Lol. Just not too often on little ol' PSD. Gotta love you guys.

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    24,873
    Timely article: https://fansided.com/2018/01/12/nylo...y-best-season/

    Nylon Calculus: Stephen Curry might be having his best season yet

    Through Jan. 11, Curry’s Offensive Real Plus-Minus – ESPN’s blend of box score and plus-minus data – is near its annual +7 mark. His free throw rate has jumped – he’s taking 7 per game now – and his per possession scoring is only 4 percent behind his 2015-16 season. He somehow leads the league in scoring efficiency while sitting second in scoring rate. There have been 28 seasons in NBA history with a scoring rate above 30 points per 75 possessions, and only one had true shooting at least 10 percentage points above league average: Curry’s 2016. He’s on pace for No. 2 this year.

    But unlike two seasons ago, he’s sharing the court with Kevin Durant now. When we tease out his Durant-free minutes, we can see how nuclear hot Steph has been burning. Below, I’ve plotted Curry’s scoring rate, estimated creation and true shooting relative to league average (rTS) with Durant on the court (solid orange) and without Durant (dotted orange) from 2016-18. Durant’s blue lines compare his numbers with MVP teammates (Curry or Westbrook in 2015-16) to his on court minutes without a fellow superstar: ---charts in link---

    Curry’s scoring rate without Durant for 324 scorching minutes is literally off the charts. (I had to shift the axis on this graph that I used frequently for my GOAT series just to fit his number). And his scoring spree hasn’t come at the expense of efficiency, but because he’s been so efficient. Everything about the Steph-led Warriors is somehow better than what it was in 2016. Because we’re only halfway through the season, it’s a small sample, but it’s like nothing we’ve ever seen before. (Adjusting for luck brings the Curry-only net rating 2.5 points closer to the team’s net rating with Durant and Curry.)
    One final number to drive home Curry’s unprecedented pace in his first 28 games this year. In my game-level WOWY database, there are only eight controlled samples in which a team played below a 4-SRS clip without a player for at least 20 games and then above 8 SRS with that player back in the rotation. So far this year, Curry and Durant have played 21 games together, and Golden State’s posted an 11 SRS with a near-record offensive rating. But in 13 games without Curry, they’ve plummeted to a Wizards-esque 1.9 SRS with a league average offensive rating. Oh, and if you’re wondering how the Warriors have fared in seven games without Durant when Steph was suited up, they blitzed opponents by nearly 19 per contest with a 119 offensive rating.

    The samples are small, but Curry is quietly on track for one of the great seasons ever.
    Last edited by tredigs; 01-12-2018 at 06:39 PM.

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Swinging from Bruce Bochy's sack
    Posts
    48,206
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    "The shiniest wheel of a Rolls Royce" is what you choose to agree with him on? Lol what does that even mean? You people have some wheels that are shinier than others?

    Lol anyways, if you agree with his general sentiment that the offense fires on all cylinders with or without him, you simply don't watch enough of the team and/or have spent zero time looking at the teams numbers when he's there or not. It's not a small dip, either. By and large over the years it has proven to be a MASSIVE hit to their team O if he is on the bench/injured. In this particular season (with this GOAT roster that includes an MVP, a sharpshooting legend and well oiled role players offensively), Curry has 916 minutes on the court, and 1110 minutes off the court. When he's ON the court the Warriors have a 123.8 Offensive Rating (about 8 points higher then the best offense in NBA history), and when he's OFF the court the Warriors have a 108.1 Offensive rating (would fall just above the Pistons at 14th in the NBA). Overall Curry's net rating (offense and defense) is a +14.1. Durant's for comparison is a +2.1.

    Curry back to #1 in the NBA in RPM again today btw.
    Problem is, the Warriors critics will ignore this post, and your link below, and just point at the 9-2 record and say won without curry anyway - no curry no problem.


    #Dynasty

    Quote Originally Posted by europagnpilgrim View Post
    Put Iverson on this Warriors [instead of Curry] and they would be just as scary and play at even a faster pace, Iverson with those weapons getting wide open looks would be scary
    lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Golovkin/Ward/Kovalev/Fury/Lomachenko/Rigondeaux/Gonzalez/Bradley/Rungvisai


    Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    21,793
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    "The shiniest wheel of a Rolls Royce" is what you choose to agree with him on? Lol what does that even mean? You people have some wheels that are shinier than others?

    Lol anyways, if you agree with his general sentiment that the offense fires on all cylinders with or without him, you simply don't watch enough of the team and/or have spent zero time looking at the teams numbers when he's there or not. It's not a small dip, either. By and large over the years it has proven to be a MASSIVE hit to their team O if he is on the bench/injured. In this particular season (with this GOAT roster that includes an MVP, a sharpshooting legend and well oiled role players offensively), Curry has 916 minutes on the court, and 1110 minutes off the court. When he's ON the court the Warriors have a 123.8 Offensive Rating (about 8 points higher then the best offense in NBA history), and when he's OFF the court the Warriors have a 108.1 Offensive rating (would fall just above the Pistons at 14th in the NBA). Overall Curry's net rating (offense and defense) is a +14.1. Durant's for comparison is a +2.1.

    Curry back to #1 in the NBA in RPM again today btw.
    No I don't agree with him that they run as well without him as with, but I do agree with the broad sentiment. He gets out-sized credit in relation to his contributions for what is happening in GS. While Kerr, Thompson, Green and organization do not get enough.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

    but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    24,873
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    Problem is, the Warriors critics will ignore this post, and your link below, and just point at the 9-2 record and say won without curry anyway - no curry no problem.
    When we have hot takes like "but who would you pick first on the playground!", who needs facts and breakdowns and all that nonsense.

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    8,925
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    A legitimate time where I actually just "stopped reading".

    You... could not know less hoops than that last statement. Educate yourself (be it eye test, numbers, I don't care) on the subject or just stop writing about it. Especially to somebody like myself who not only watches all the games but knows all the numbers behind it. FFS try this **** on your nephews, **** outta here lol.
    I’ve watched them loose to the Cavs with Curry and beat the Cavs without him. He’s not even necessary to win a chip, yet ur sprung on how valuable he is. Closest think to an oxymoronwithout being one.

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    24,873
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    I’ve watched them loose to the Cavs with Curry and beat the Cavs without him. He’s not even necessary to win a chip, yet ur sprung on how valuable he is. Closest think to an oxymoronwithout being one.
    Lmfao. You're off the deep end playboy. Provide some actual substance/reality or gtfo.

  11. #101
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    53,080
    No but he's pretty good.

  12. #102
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    8,925
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Lmfao. You're off the deep end playboy. Provide some actual substance/reality or gtfo.
    I can't provide any less substance than the above post.

  13. #103
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Swinging from Bruce Bochy's sack
    Posts
    48,206
    Prime IKH would be going in on tredigs lol good times


    #Dynasty

    Quote Originally Posted by europagnpilgrim View Post
    Put Iverson on this Warriors [instead of Curry] and they would be just as scary and play at even a faster pace, Iverson with those weapons getting wide open looks would be scary
    lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Golovkin/Ward/Kovalev/Fury/Lomachenko/Rigondeaux/Gonzalez/Bradley/Rungvisai


    Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

  14. #104
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    24,873
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    I can't provide any less substance than the above post.
    Substance is already in the thread. You didn't respond to any of it or say a damn thing other than vague generalist comments because you can't.

  15. #105
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    28,395
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    No but he's pretty good.
    this is the correct answer
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •