Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Is Stephen Curry more unguardable than Shaq?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes (look at his efficiency).

1 5.00%
  • No (screw efficiency).

19 95.00%
  • Other (ban my account if I don't write player's name in thread).

0 0%
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    True, it is an analysis of that particular subset of the game, but it is relevant here. Because how a player plays and is guarded when it matters changes, so you can't just use a catch all stat like TS% to say one player is more unguardable than the other because it doesn't account for situation.

Otherwise, wouldn't the answer to who was the most unguardable player be DeAndre Jordan? He has a higher TS% than both of them. Obviously this illustrates that "most unguardable" is not simply a measure of efficiency or TS%.

Simply put, Curry can be guarded more effectively than Shaq can, especially in crunch time.
    You basically agreed with me here, this whole post is the point I was trying to make lol.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

Remember the Curry is better than MJ thread back in 2016? Lmao!
    RIP lol, please!

8/1/2011 - 01/28/2018

You may not be with us anymore but your name, legacy, and what you stood for will last forever!

Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    Remember the Curry is better than MJ thread back in 2016? Lmao!
    Comparing Curry to Shaq and who is more difficult to guard has nothing to do with comparing Jordan to Curry dude.

I'll take Curry over Jordan. Wouldn't be surprised if tredigs went either way. Same with valade16.

You do you though homie.

No way

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    Comparing Curry to Shaq and who is more difficult to guard has nothing to do with comparing Jordan to Curry dude.

I'll take Curry over Jordan. Wouldn't be surprised if tredigs went either way. Same with valade16.

You do you though homie.
    You live to troll haha! Never change, I love you and am praying for the day we unite in Warriors nation and stan for Wade!
    RIP lol, please!

8/1/2011 - 01/28/2018

You may not be with us anymore but your name, legacy, and what you stood for will last forever!

lol

Remember Delly on Curry in 2015? He did a pretty good job of slowing him down before he got hurt.

There was no one, NO ONE, that could slow down Shaq. The guy was a beast who did as he pleased down low.
    He dominated Tim Duncan, David Robinson, Chris Webber and Vlade Divac every single year.

You live to troll haha! Never change, I love you and am praying for the day we unite in Warriors nation and stan for Wade!
    Didn't you just make a thread where you listed the top players in the league and had Wade above everyone else. You two would be too much on one side.

Shaq was an automatic 2 down low unless you fouled him. Worse, you didn't have enough big bodies to handle him all game if you tried to play it that way. So he's coming away with 1.5 points per possession at worst, without question. That kind of dependability is near impossible to find anywhere else. Then you start adding plays like offensive boards, or and ones, and he starts to look even better.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Didn't you just make a thread where you listed the top players in the league and had Wade above everyone else. You two would be too much on one side.
    I was joking
    RIP lol, please!

8/1/2011 - 01/28/2018

Quote Originally Posted by Sly Guy View Post
    Shaq was an automatic 2 down low unless you fouled him. Worse, you didn't have enough big bodies to handle him all game if you tried to play it that way. So he's coming away with 1.5 points per possession at worst, without question. That kind of dependability is near impossible to find anywhere else. Then you start adding plays like offensive boards, or and ones, and he starts to look even better.
    Exactly. When Steph is in cheat code, he enters Shaq realm. But at the end the f the day, he's not nearly as dependable to show up as Shaq will. Dunking is easier than hitting 3's. And Curry can be physically bullied. There is nothing that can stop Shaq. He will go out and put up close to 40 every game in the finals and u can't do a dang thing. If you don't go all out, Curry will kill you too. But all out don't work on Shaq. And piss him off, Like Lebron, you will pay every time cause he just another species of human
    Last edited by IKnowHoops; 01-11-2018 at 11:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post

You do you though homie.
    No GM ever would take Prime Curry over Prime Mike. I promise you. Only GSW fanboys would. That's it

😂 Good luck homie. Straight mercenary fan.

Even I don't want to see Bron in GS. Would be the most pointless season in his entire career.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Exactly. When Steph is in cheat code, he enters Shaq realm. But at the end the f the day, he's not nearly as dependable to show up as Shaq will. Dunking is easier than hitting 3's. And Curry can be physically bullied. There is nothing that can stop Shaq. He will go out and put up close to 40 every game in the finals and u can't do a dang thing. If you don't go all out, Curry will kill you too. But all out don't work on Shaq. And piss him off, Like Lebron, you will pay every time cause he just another species of human
    Hmmm. Yet per-36 in Shaq's PEAK playoff years from 99-04 in LA he averaged 23.7 ppg on a 56% TS (100 games)

Per-36 through Curry's peak playoff years (past 3 years... 56 games so far... and soon to be the next few years to come) he's averaged 26.9 PPG on a 62% TS. Now consider that Curry leads the NBA by a massive margin in secondary assists and is 5X the playmaker that Shaq is in general.

Yes, Curry is far more unarguable and dangerous offensively than Shaq. Tired/dead narratives be damned.
    Last edited by tredigs; 01-12-2018 at 12:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Hmmm. Yet per-36 in Shaq's PEAK playoff years from 99-04 in LA he averaged 23.7 ppg on a 56% TS (100 games)

Per-36 through Curry's peak playoff years (past 3 years... 56 games so far... and soon to be the next few years to come) he's averaged 26.9 PPG on a 62% TS. Now consider that Curry leads the NBA by a massive margin in secondary assists and is 5X the playmaker that Shaq is in general.

Yes, Curry is far more unarguable and dangerous offensively than Shaq. Tired/dead narratives be damned.
    Did Shaq in his prime ever have a WCF or Finals performance as bad as Curry in 2016?
    Last edited by valade16; 01-12-2018 at 12:24 AM.

Different era, different game.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast