Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Where do you rank Jimmy Butler?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1-5

0 0%
  • 6-10

3 33.33%
  • 11-15

6 66.67%
  • 16-20

0 0%
  • Outside the top 20

0 0%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    Much better defensively and more efficient offensively... I don't see the argument for PG. All you gotta do is look at how bad the Bulls are now and how much better the Wolves became.
    What makes Butler much better defensively? They're both great. I feel like people throw around words that aren't really necessary. Much better? Than PG? Who has been on All Defensive Teams deservingly so for many seasons?

Off the top of my head, considering the last 2-3 years, but with an emphasis on this season, my list would look something like:

1. Lebron
    2. Durant
    3. Harden
    4. Curry
    5. Giannis
    6. Kawhi
    7. Kyrie
    8. Paul
    9. Westbrook
    10. Davis
    11. Cousins
    12. Butler

The top six are locks for me, with Westbrook and Kawhi getting knocked down a few spots due to sub-par play and injuries, respectively. Giannis, Kyrie and Cousins move up a few spots for me because of their performances this season while Butler is down slightly because of the slow start. Prior to this year, I probably had Butler right around that 9-11 range. He's definitely in that 11-15 range for me today with a chance to move into the top 10 if he keeps playing like he has in December and January.

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    Bucks vs raptors in the ECF. Mark my words.

To defend PG's case, I've seen him defend four positions. Center, he hasn't been capable because he's too thin but he's capable of defending smaller PF's, PG's, SG's, and SF's. His versatility on defense is what I like most from him defensively. JB might be the better man defender but PG's versatility helps us out a lot on many matchups.

The difference between being a great player and a very good player is that a great player makes any team a great fit whereas a very good player needs the right fit to perform at a high level.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    To defend PG's case, I've seen him defend four positions. Center, he hasn't been capable because he's too thin but he's capable of defending smaller PF's, PG's, SG's, and SF's. His versatility on defense is what I like most from him defensively. JB might be the better man defender but PG's versatility helps us out a lot on many matchups.
    I've always liked George, but he's just not quite on Butler's level. Jimmy kills PG in every relevant advanced statistical category, and it's not close. Now I don't think the difference between them is quite as large as the metrics say, but I would certainly put Butler at least 3-5 spots higher in any ranking of current top players.

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    Bucks vs raptors in the ECF. Mark my words.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I've always liked George, but he's just not quite on Butler's level. Jimmy kills PG in every relevant advanced statistical category, and it's not close. Now I don't think the difference between them is quite as large as the metrics say, but I would certainly put Butler at least 3-5 spots higher in any ranking of current top players.
    That's fair. I just choose PG for his better fit and versatility. I mean, Draymond isn't even a top 20 player individually but because of his fit and versatility, he's ranked highly. It's always been close to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    The difference between being a great player and a very good player is that a great player makes any team a great fit whereas a very good player needs the right fit to perform at a high level.
    Which team wouldn't PG fit? He's a very versatile player capable of guarding many positions while also being able to transition from SF-SG-PF. Very good spot up shooter. He's been learning since coming to OKC but has been lights out for us on hockey pass to the three. You would think a championship contender being one piece away would benefit heavily from PG.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Off the top of my head, considering the last 2-3 years, but with an emphasis on this season, my list would look something like:

1. Lebron
    2. Durant
    3. Harden
    4. Curry
    5. Giannis
    6. Kawhi
    7. Kyrie
    8. Paul
    9. Westbrook
    10. Davis
    11. Cousins
    12. Butler

The top six are locks for me, with Westbrook and Kawhi getting knocked down a few spots due to sub-par play and injuries, respectively. Giannis, Kyrie and Cousins move up a few spots for me because of their performances this season while Butler is down slightly because of the slow start. Prior to this year, I probably had Butler right around that 9-11 range. He's definitely in that 11-15 range for me today with a chance to move into the top 10 if he keeps playing like he has in December and January.
    Kyrie's a bit high on your list. I have him in the top 10-15 range. I don't see how he's better than Davis at all.

Don't care how high or low you rate Butler, as long as it isn't above Klay Thompson who is a better player in every regard.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    Don't care how high or low you rate Butler, as long as it isn't above Klay Thompson who is a better player in every regard.

Do not bring your trolling to my thread!
    RIP lol, please!

8/1/2011 - 01/28/2018

You may not be with us anymore but your name, legacy, and what you stood for will last forever!

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    Kyrie's a bit high on your list. I have him in the top 10-15 range. I don't see how he's better than Davis at all.
    Yea I agree, Kyrie is definitely too high. I have him somewhere outside of 12th.
    RIP lol, please!

8/1/2011 - 01/28/2018

You may not be with us anymore but your name, legacy, and what you stood for will last forever!

Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    Do not bring your trolling to my thread!
    I'm like the 3rd person to say so in here lol.

And even if we agree on only shooting, it's still enough of a difference to tip the scale in his favor. Give me the guy with ATG shooting and elite defense over the guy with good but not great shooting and marginally better defense every time lol.

I'm like the 3rd person to say so in here lol.

And even if we agree on only shooting, it's still enough of a difference to tip the scale in his favor. Give me the guy with ATG shooting and elite defense over the guy with good but not great shooting and marginally better defense every time lol.

You're the 2nd and you're both Warriors fans and his favorite player is Klay lol! He is not better than Jimmy. He's probably in the 20-25 range.
    RIP lol, please!

8/1/2011 - 01/28/2018

Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    You're the 2nd and you're both Warriors fans and his favorite player is Klay lol! He is not better than Jimmy. He's probably in the 20-25 range.
    Klay > Butler

Klay > Butler

Wade > Klay and Jimmy fusion
    RIP lol, please!

8/1/2011 - 01/28/2018

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast