Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    They should let the throw on gloves and box it out. Lol now that I would pay to see.

So, I watched the whole fourth quarter, and I saw the final play, and I kind of think this is being taken out of context. The game had realistically been out of reach for probably 30+ seconds of game time, but the Blazers were still playing hard like they were trying to come back. They trapped Houston the previous possession, then ran the ball up in transition to get a layup despite there being less than 24 seconds left on the shot clock. It looked like they were going to trap the Rockets again in the half court, but Paul ran down the court to break the defense and happened to get the ball across the half-court with a wide open path for two points.

I get why Lillard was peeved, but I don't knock Paul for taking the shot considering some of Lillard's teammates were actually playing tight defense on the possession (not something he does much of anyway). If you're going to keep pushing and fighting to make a game of it and defend the in-bounds play when you're down seven points with 20 seconds left, then you should expect the opposing team to take the points there.

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    Bucks vs raptors in the ECF. Mark my words.

It's bard form, but not a big deal in my opinion. They should know how competitive CP3 is and not assume he'd just hold the ball. If this was Tim Duncan, Dirk Nowitzki, or Kawhi Leonard, it's fairly safe to assume they would just hold the ball... CP3 not as confident.
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

San Antonio Spurs

PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

Some people try in the waning seconds of a conceded win (CP3 usually does), some don't. It's a little bit of an annoying move but no big deal
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

I don't see what he did wrong. As mentioned already, the game had a "conceded" feel like 4 seconds before he scored, can't blame him if he didn't entirely pick up on that in the middle of a play

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    For the record, I'm one of those guys that thinks it's okay to do that when you are up 30.
    this. play until the clock hits 0.

who cares

big whoop

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum187 View Post
    It's bard form, but not a big deal in my opinion. They should know how competitive CP3 is and not assume he'd just hold the ball. If this was Tim Duncan, Dirk Nowitzki, or Kawhi Leonard, it's fairly safe to assume they would just hold the ball... CP3 not as confident.
    Wow. What an interesting take. CP3's insecurities led him to taking the shot when a more confident player would have just held the ball.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Quote Originally Posted by belikemike23 View Post
    who cares
    Lillard. Didn't you watch the video?

Kristaps Porzingis

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    I don't see what he did wrong. As mentioned already, the game had a "conceded" feel like 4 seconds before he scored, can't blame him if he didn't entirely pick up on that in the middle of a play
    In the larger picture, how would you have felt if the Rockets were up 20 at the time?

Kristaps Porzingis

In the larger picture, how would you have felt if the Rockets were up 20 at the time?
    If the Rox were up 20 I'd assume they'd a gave up earlier, meaning by that point cp3 shoulda known they conceded, which would made the whole thing diff

For the past 5 or so years he was a clip. I thoroughly enjoyed watching cp3 take the game more seriously than everyone else

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice:32095907
    If the Rox were up 20 I'd assume they'd a gave up earlier, meaning by that point cp3 shoulda known they conceded, which would made the whole thing diff
    How? Then it is wrong? That is the whole point of the OP. I know. I wrote it.

Kristaps Porzingis

I think if the other team is still playing you keep playing tbh. If the score were more outta reach and they are still pressing you then go ahead and break it and its basically up to you (I would like to say I just hold the ball once getting past the defense but who knows in the moment what might happen when under pressure, I see room for leeway even if I prefer one method). Preach holding the ball when up 20 but don't lay into a kid if they mess up like this under pressure unless it is clear they are gloating etc. (thinking as a coach).

If it were a 20 point game and people were clearly not trying to press or get the stop that's pretty much the only time I think it becomes really questionable about a guy. I think you need both score and the other team to concede basically before you "have to" just hold the ball and let time expire without trying to score.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast