Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Lillard has words with Chris Paul over last hoop (NBA Unwritten Rule?)

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...-garbage-layup

119-112 Rockets were leading the Blazers with about 20 seconds left. If you were watching on television you could tell the Blazers had conceded once the ball got over half-court. They were going to let Ariza hold the ball. Chris Paul sprinted the floor and was fed an easy layup.

Lillard approached CP3 in the closing seconds and even took a swipe at the ball in frustration.

Is there end of game etiquette? Did he violate it? Thoughts on these situations in general?

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

2 of my top 5 favorite players arguing? I **** with Lillard though I bet he's the silent type that will **** you up!
    RIP lol, please!

8/1/2011 - 01/28/2018

You may not be with us anymore but your name, legacy, and what you stood for will last forever!

Chris Paul is a ****ing douche so it doesn’t surprise me for him to pull some crap like this.

There is a certain unwritten thing players do if the shot clock is turned off but with 20.3 to inbound, McCollum was all over CP3 so I feel he took exception to it and went ahead and scored once he crossed half court.

Suck it up kitty cats.

Spread was -7.5 lol.

CP3 wanted to make sure we covered.

just do a state farm commercial together and everything should be gravy.

Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    2 of my top 5 favorite players arguing? I **** with Lillard though I bet he's the silent type that will **** you up!
    Surprised he slapped for the ball in the last seconds. That's how you knew he was pissed.

Kristaps Porzingis

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    Chris Paul is a ****ing douche so it doesn’t surprise me for him to pull some crap like this.
    Why is it crap? They are allowed to double him in the back court but then he can't score?

Kristaps Porzingis

Quote Originally Posted by Htownballa1622 View Post
    There is a certain unwritten thing players do if the shot clock is turned off but with 20.3 to inbound, McCollum was all over CP3 so I feel he took exception to it and went ahead and scored once he crossed half court.

Suck it up kitty cats.

Spread was -7.5 lol.

CP3 wanted to make sure we covered.
    In this specific situation, I agree it's a no brainer. CP3 did the right thing. 7 points is hardly a lock and 20 seconds is an eternity in basketball. At the start of the play CP3 was still in win mode and you can't expect him to magically flip the switch once the ball gets over half-court. He played it exactly the right way.

Kristaps Porzingis

For the record, I'm one of those guys that thinks it's okay to do that when you are up 30.

Kristaps Porzingis

I have no problem with what either of them did. CP3 is perfectly within his rights to keep trying to score as long as the game is still going.

As team leader, Lillard did the right thing by standing up for his team and their honor.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I have no problem with what either of them did. CP3 is perfectly within his rights to keep trying to score as long as the game is still going.

As team leader, Lillard did the right thing by standing up for his team and their honor.
    Probably the right answer. I would rather Lillard instead of using his words turned his defense back on and tried to rip the ball out of his hands.

Kristaps Porzingis

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    The game wasn't out of reach. Granted, Portland weren't really defending but we've seen crazier things happen. CP3 just wanted to secure the win. I don't see an issue with either player but CP3 has a high BBIQ and wouldn't have gone for that bucket unless he felt it was necessary.
    What about if there was a 20 point lead?

Kristaps Porzingis

The game wasn't out of reach. Granted, Portland weren't really defending but we've seen crazier things happen. CP3 just wanted to secure the win. I don't see an issue with either player but CP3 has a high BBIQ and wouldn't have gone for that bucket unless he felt it was necessary.

You play til the buzzer sounds. That being said, being backdoored sucks. As a gambler, nothing is more annoying

Generally speaking I prefer the hold the ball and let time expire method when applicable and defense has conceded.

This to me is slightly different situation given it looks like Portland was pressing. You don't just just stop playing halfway through a possession because the other team slows down and Portland were the ones initially looking to make something happen it seems to me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast