Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang

Yankees willing to eat at least half of Jake's contract

This isn't news. We knew it but my question is if you are that player, does it change your perspective? Would you want to stay on a team who was so desperately trying to get rid of you?
    Would you change your NTC and be open to more teams?
    Would you think F- you. I have a contract and I'm not going anywhere. I don't care if I play, this team could win a bunch to titles?
    Would you convince yourself you could still start for the tea that was obviously in youth mode?

I think I would give them a list of teams and say if you can get me to these, I will go.

Like him or not, Jake has been a class act and it sucks it comes to this.

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

If I knew a team wanted me gone that badly, I'd certainly rather start every day on a other team than rot on the bench/pinch run for my current team.
    If I were him I'd give a list of approved clubs and let them send me somewhere I'm wanted.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I've said this before. Yankees need to eat 2/3 of his $21 million per year contract, since IMO, Jake is worth about $7 million per year. They should also probably pay the buyout for the 4th year as well. He should hit .260 + with close to 10 HRs and 25 stolen bases and can play a decent CF. He's left handed and can leadoff or hit lower in the lineup. If he waives his NTC to enough teams and the Yankees agree to this arrangement, then they should get some taker, with the Yankees paying ($14 + $14 + $14 + $5 =) $47 million of the $68 million (69% of the remaining contract). If the Yankees decide to stick to close to 50%, then they will have to include a prospect in the deal, since they would only be paying $34 million of the $68 million. Is Clint Frazier worth $13 million to some other team?

Why is everyone trying to just trade Frazier??? If Hicks or Gardy gets hurt who fills in right away? Plus Stanton and Judge will be DHing a lot ... Id keep Frazier
    #BringBackMatty

Quote Originally Posted by oak2455 View Post
    Why is everyone trying to just trade Frazier??? If Hicks or Gardy gets hurt who fills in right away? Plus Stanton and Judge will be DHing a lot ... Id keep Frazier
    It's just that Frazier has been mentioned in multiple trade scenarios. Assuming, a trade of Frazier, if Hicks or Gardy get hurt, then the other one is playing CF with two large bookends on either side of them. Whoever is the IF depth becomes the DH, whether that is from Pittsburgh or Todd Frazier with Toe at 3B or Andujar or Yankees call up Cave or trade for a short-term fix.. Lots of possibilities.

I think the plan right now would be for the everyday lineup to have Gardner in left, Hicks in center, Judge/Stanton rotating between RF/DH.

Ellsbury right now would be the backup to them and probably pick up 60-70 starts.

Frazier will be in AAA playing everyday. If one of the Judge/Stanton/Gardner/Hicks get hurt then Frazier would get called up and he'd jump Ellsbury on the pecking order. Frazier assumes the open everyday role and Ellsbury stays as the reserve. This gives Frazier the chance to play everyday and develop (as well as not waste service time as a backup player).

Now, even if Ellsbury gets moved, I'm not sure they give his reserve spot to Frazier. Playing 60-70 games? I think they'd leave him down in AAA instead. So it'd be more of a bench bat level prospect like Tyler Austin, Jake Cave or McKinney that get the reserve role. But again, Frazier jumps them in the event of an injury to an everyday guy.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Aside from 28 who answered the question and has behaved appropriately on my thread.

Hey dicklocks, stay on topic. This isn't a trade thread. I don't give 20 ***** how badly you want to get rid of him! I don't care what the options are with him here or not. This thread is a, how the **** would you feel and what would you want as a player if you were in Jake's shoes!!!

You bunch of manky monkey holes. (Except 28)

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by kinkotheclown View Post
    aside from 28 who answered the question and has behaved appropriately on my thread.

Hey dicklocks, stay on topic. This isn't a trade thread. I don't give 20 ***** how badly you want to get rid of him! I don't care what the options are with him here or not. This thread is a, how the **** would you feel and what would you want as a player if you were in jake's shoes!!!

You bunch of manky monkey holes. (except 28)
    no
    #BringBackMatty

no
    +1

I say we add clown in with Jake to sweeten the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    This isn't news. We knew it but my question is if you are that player, does it change your perspective? Would you want to stay on a team who was so desperately trying to get rid of you?
    Would you change your NTC and be open to more teams?
    Would you think F- you. I have a contract and I'm not going anywhere. I don't care if I play, this team could win a bunch to titles?
    Would you convince yourself you could still start for the tea that was obviously in youth mode?

I think I would give them a list of teams and say if you can get me to these, I will go.

Like him or not, Jake has been a class act and it sucks it comes to this.
    how much more love does the team that only wants you at 1/2 price show

compared to the team willing to pay 1/2 of the contract to get rid of you

at least the yankees really loved him at 1 time (even if it was only for a few hours}

you would think he wants to be where he can play most

I'm not sure what's keeping him here maybe it's his significant other

or he really feels he can best hicks who really just had 1 great 1st half

when they say '' you never have enough pitching '' they are right

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    I say we add clown in with Jake to sweeten the deal.
    Crusty the Clown?
    #BringBackMatty

Crusty the Clown?
    No, Kinko the clown.

Which would cost the Yankees more?

Eating a major portion of Ellsbury contract and a trade or signing Darvish and paying the 50% luxury tax?

And say they pay like $34 million of Ells' contract would the portion they paid still count towards their total payroll?
    Nick

1998 Yankees 53-19. ---

2018 Yankees 50-22 3

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Which would cost the Yankees more?

Eating a major portion of Ellsbury contract and a trade or signing Darvish and paying the 50% luxury tax?

And say they pay like $34 million of Ells' contract would the portion they paid still count towards their total payroll?
    Yes, the portion that they paid would still count toward their salary threshold. So, if they sign Darvish for $23 million per year and trade Jake and eat $11 million per year, then the two transactions would increase the salary cap by $12 million. Due to the incentive clauses in CC Sabathia and Giancarlo's Staanton's contracts, the team must save an extra $4 million and the $18 million to $19 million left is really about $15 million. This means that the team can stay under the salary cap. Or if they sign Darvish for $23 million and trade Gardner's $12 million contract (assuming there are no takers for Ellsbury), then they are in the same position and can stay under the cap.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast