Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldog2683 View Post
    I think the point is that the NFL did not pull a "tuck rule" on the Raiders with the Rooney Rule, not a little known regulation. During the hiring process ever since Rooney Rule has been implemented, teams know they have to adhere by it. I am not stating that it's right or wrong. Just that is something team owners and NFL have agreed to and teams need to be careful to follow regulations. No matter how "stupid" and "quota" based you think it is.
    For his part, at least Gruden played along. “They have several candidates and I believe I’m one of them” “nothing is official yet”.

Quote Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay View Post
    For his part, at least Gruden played along. “They have several candidates and I believe I’m one of them” “nothing is official yet”.
    Oh yea he did. Gruden is a smart man. So many times you hear rumors about X team pursuing Y individual and they end up hiring them. If the Raiders followed the protocol, they have no worries. Others say that these interviews are empty because it is known a team wants a particular coach, I will not get into that argument because intent is another immeasurable. I will say that the league seems to always be a bit more picky when it comes to the decisions the Raiders make. Always has been and will be for a while.

Matt Schneidman‏
    @mattschneidman
    Email from NFL spokesman on Raiders/Rooney Rule: "The NFL confirmed today that its review of the hiring of Oakland Raiders head coach Jon Gruden complied with the Rooney Rule and that the club conducted bona fide interviews with minority candidates as part of its search process."
    All aboard the Josey Jewell & Josh Jackson train.

krsonekth

Well done Mark & RM, way to be on top of your ****! now lets cut out the cancer, sign a few impact free agents and kill the draft! can't wait till next season!

Like I said, much to do about nothing.

MBERR you had a conviction there already there didn't you buddy.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234