Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Lol this ****ing thread...

The rule is completely absurd and unfounded and deserves to be made a mockery. What the raiders did by interviewing 2 minority 'candidates,' despite already knowing beforehand who they wanted, was deserved and the right thing to do. I mean, who was doing the interviewing? A MINORITY GM FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!
    HAWKS '13 ,'1 4, & '15 PREMIERS

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...ffftt ffftt ffftt!"

"of course tom 'jan' brady would whine about a rule change."
    -chipurmunki

If you hate the NFL rules so much, maybe don't watch? No one is forcing you.

On the other hand, someone (the league administration) can hold NFL teams accountable to the Rooney rule bc NFL owners agreed that they would follow those guidelines.

Also, saying it's OK that the Raiders made a mockery of the Rooney rule bc the GM is black, or bc of the Raiders' history w/ minorities, is akin to the "I can't be racist, some of my best friends are black!" defense.
    RAIDERS. ARE. BACK.

Quote Originally Posted by mberr View Post
    So... What you're saying is that Raiders wasted time and made a mockery of the rule by interviewing guys that didn't have a chance, just for show, thereby violating the spirit of the Rooney rule (a rule which the owners voted to enact)?

So in other words, you are agreeing with the point I've been trying to make this entire time?
    Yep. Mockeries and side-stepping is what happens with stupid rules. We have reached agreement.

On the other hand, someone (the league administration) can hold NFL teams accountable to the Rooney rule bc NFL owners agreed that they would follow those guidelines.

Also, saying it's OK that the Raiders made a mockery of the Rooney rule bc the GM is black, or bc of the Raiders' history w/ minorities, is akin to the "I can't be racist, some of my best friends are black!" defense.
    Are you really saying that the only people who should follow the NFL are people who find no fault with it? That's the most asinine thing I've read on this thread. We're the most progressive team in the league, whether or not you think we deserve a huge fine because we somehow broke the most hallowed rule in the book or something.

And the black thing, bless your heart. That's 3rd-grade bs. Where the hell is the real mberr? He normally holds his own in debates and stuff, but this mberr is either ****-faced or just completely lost it.
    Last edited by chipurmunki; 01-26-2018 at 03:50 AM.
    HAWKS '13 ,'1 4, & '15 PREMIERS

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...ffftt ffftt ffftt!"

"of course tom 'jan' brady would whine about a rule change."
    -chipurmunki

Take that Fritz Pollard

Scott Bair
    ‏@BairNBCS
    Goodell: NFL defends Raiders compliance with the Rooney Rule before hiring Jon Gruden. Commissioner says league spoke with everyone involved, from raiders brass to candidates interviewed and determined Raiders followed the rule well.
    All aboard the Josey Jewell & Josh Jackson train.

krsonekth

Bc Goddell would never do something shady...
    RAIDERS. ARE. BACK.

Bc Goddell would never do something shady...
    Yea and Fritz Pollard would never do something just to politicize it.

krsonekth

Quote Originally Posted by krsonekth View Post
    Take that Fritz Pollard

Scott Bair
    ‏@BairNBCS
    Goodell: NFL defends Raiders compliance with the Rooney Rule before hiring Jon Gruden. Commissioner says league spoke with everyone involved, from raiders brass to candidates interviewed and determined Raiders followed the rule well.
    Why did it take 2 weeks to address this? What about the Kaepernick rumor? Is that a bunch of crap too?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevj77 View Post
    I understand the spirit of the rule. The Raiders have been the most progressive team in the NFL, yet they still need to comply. However, if a team knows who they want why make a charade out of it. Mark has wanted to bring Gruden back since he took control. Nobody else was getting the job no matter how good their interview was black, white or purple.
    Aww c'mon now. Purple? We've got to draw the line somewhere

Yea and Fritz Pollard would never do something just to politicize it.
    IDK. would they? I've never heard of the organization until this issue came up. What have they even done? All I've seen is that they investigated the situation and found that the Raiders violated the rules. It's not like they're calling for boycotts or protesting outside team HQ. How are they different than Vet groups complaining about the anthem kneeling or any other advocacy group?

I questioned the legitimacy of the interviews immediately after hearing that the two "candidates" were an obscure TE coach and a little-known USC coordinator. I still can't comprehend how anybody could think that those interviews were anything more than checking off the Rodney rule requirement. It's beyond obvious and you don't need an investigation to see it.
    RAIDERS. ARE. BACK.

IDK. would they? I've never heard of the organization until this issue came up. What have they even done? All I've seen is that they investigated the situation and found that the Raiders violated the rules. It's not like they're calling for boycotts or protesting outside team HQ. How are they different than Vet groups complaining about the anthem kneeling or any other advocacy group?

I questioned the legitimacy of the interviews immediately after hearing that the two "candidates" were an obscure TE coach and a little-known USC coordinator. I still can't comprehend how anybody could think that those interviews were anything more than checking off the Rodney rule requirement. It's beyond obvious and you don't need an investigation to see it.
    No, we all question the legitimacy of the other interviews. That's not the point. The point is , you can't enforce such a vague rule. If the Raiders want Gruden, you can't stop them or any team from hiring who they want. Do you see the quagmire that exists with that rule?

If the league took a draft choice, do you see the legal problems that would arise?

YES, we all know the Raiders wanted Gruden from the get go. There is not much anyone can do about that.

Dude-GTFOH with your agenda. Its a football forum. Go to the civics forum with this nonsense.

Maliik
    ‏@Obee1ne
    The Raiders & Bucs have started more Black QBs in the last 18 years than any franchise in the 20th century combined

krsonekth

Maliik
    ‏@Obee1ne
    The Raiders & Bucs have started more Black QBs in the last 18 years than any franchise in the 20th century combined

What is a black QB? I only see a QB as a QB.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567