Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rubiconraider View Post
    Reggie stated that they did interview 2 minority candidates before Gruden. Just because ownership was focused on Gruden, doesn't mean the Rooney Rule was infringed.

There will be no penalty as a result, imho.

Minority quotas are a waste of time, they are almost always impossible to enforce.
    rule apparently is about due process. Accusation is Mark offered Gruden job in Dec based on press conference. Mark needs to get his lawyers to clarify that he offered him an opportunity in the due process and emotion of press conference just overwhelmed him. I'm okay with a fine if they find a clear proof of breach but to now suddenly extend the penalty to draft picks stinks of other owners being petty and using it to gain competitive advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by corralski View Post
    It's just the optics of the whole thing.

I've hired/fired my share of people. When you're looking at prospective hires you are looking for certain qualities and skill sets. When you find that combination of things what color a person's skin is has not even a smidgen of relevance. It's all about getting the work done, nothing more, nothing less.

Mark could have helped the optics of this deal had he done as mentioned above, held back the announcement for a week or so....
    I think the word "optics" is the crucial element. The Raiders followed the letter of the rule but not the spirit. They didn't do anything wrong, but it looks bad. A flurry of righteous indignation will be demonstrated by others, the Raiders will get a fine and we'll get back to business.

mberr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mfarneti53 View Post
    Actually the fact that they're bringing the USC coach BACK for another interview shows that they did their due diligence and were impressed enough to warrant a second interview. I'd say that's rule followed right there. Although even of it was a sham interview, it was still an interview nonetheless. Rule followed, you can't force a team to ignore their preferred target just because he's white.
    Quote Originally Posted by krsonekth View Post
    I agree with this. Because of the fact that he interviewed for the head coaching job and even though Gruden was their #1 target they were still impressed enough to bring him back for another interview for a different position. If he does get the WR coaching gig in the NFL that could lead to other positions down the line in the NFL including OC and possibly HC some day.
    Imagine you interviewed for a CEO job w/ McDonalds and they brought you back to interview for (not get) a shift manager position at 1 restaurant.

Were you a serious candidate for CEO? If so, why would you even agree to interview for such a lowly position?

Quote Originally Posted by rubiconraider View Post
    Reggie stated that they did interview 2 minority candidates before Gruden. Just because ownership was focused on Gruden, doesn't mean the Rooney Rule was infringed.

There will be no penalty as a result, imho.

Minority quotas are a waste of time, they are almost always impossible to enforce.
    And itís kinda ridiculous, I mean itís like telling the Dodgers they have to interview minorities. The man wanted Chucky and been chasing him for 6years. So we would rather waste other peopleís time? Lol unbelievable. I expect a fine but a lost draft pick and Iím gon rage.

[QUOTE=mberr:32096428]

Imagine you interviewed for a CEO job w/ McDonalds and they brought you back to interview for (not get) a shift manager position at 1 restaurant.

Were you a serious candidate for CEO? If so, why would you even agree to interview for such a lowly position?
    Not an equivalent comparison. It's more like you interviewed for a store manager position, and although they went another direction, they were still impressed enough to find an opportunity with the company so that you at least got you foot in the door. So they offered you an interview for a shift manager position.

I see a fine coming but not a loss of a draft pick, Nothing about what Mark did changed what was added to the team or on the field. We didn't tamper with players, or footballs...

Really though, If Mark says, Yes I always wanted Jon, And I saw his level of interest, And yes my opinion and intentions were always to hire Jon... But, I still followed the rules, I still brought in Minority candidates, They had equal opportunity to change my decision.. That didn't happen, And I gave the go on Jon.. Simple as that, case closed...

Quote Originally Posted by mberr View Post

picasion.com
    Last edited by krsonekth; 01-12-2018 at 06:41 PM.

Assuming that the interviewee was qualified and did well on the interview? Sure.

I would imagine there are instances where one feels qualified and just isn't. I've personally been in this situation. I was disappointed but not insulted...
    The Second protects the First, always has and always will...

You can never tell what an interview will reveal. If you're looking to make a change for the better, you take that opportunity. By taking the interview, there are no guarantees for either party. Whether or not a 2nd/lower position is offered would depend on the person's situation. A good interviewer would not make that offer if it were a step down, unless that person is either out of work. or had expressed interest in taking another position. Besides, if you were being brought back for a 2nd interview for another position, I would think they would tell you that before you came in. If they don't let you know that's it's for a totally different position, I wouldn't work for a company that handles candidates that way.

I miss the United States of my youth.

30%

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

just pay fine and get on with it....screw a bunch of investigations fouling up the works
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government, owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.-Theodore Roosevelt

They use force, to make you do, what the deciders, have decided you must do.
    ZdlR

mberr Guest
    -_- get your own jokes

-_- get your own jokes

I think the point is that the NFL did not pull a "tuck rule" on the Raiders with the Rooney Rule, not a little known regulation. During the hiring process ever since Rooney Rule has been implemented, teams know they have to adhere by it. I am not stating that it's right or wrong. Just that is something team owners and NFL have agreed to and teams need to be careful to follow regulations. No matter how "stupid" and "quota" based you think it is.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast