Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Fritz Pollard investigation?

Fritz wants an investigation into the Rooney Rule now! Refs measure with index cards and clearly we still have the first. Derrek fumbles in the endzone. Aldon still suspended and doesnt know his fate. Oakland allowing Raiders move to Las Vegas.Oh...the yearly international game, Is there a big conspiracy here?
    Last edited by raidermike; 01-11-2018 at 12:24 PM. Reason: add

This is b.s.

When any other team in professional sports has hired 3 minority head coaches, a minority GM, and a woman CEO then come talk to the Raiders about the Rooney Rule. Mark Davis and Reggie McKenzie felt Jon Gruden was the best man for the job-but this country doesn't care about the bast candidate for the job any more. Its all about quota's and fragile sensibilities.

But...This is the world we now live in. Mark could have been a bit more methodical and low key about this until the deed was done.

Amy Trask has been out in front, torch and pitchfork in hand leading this mob. I am not exactly sure what her issue is with Mark but she seems to have one.

Im still baffled over the Rooney rule. Why does it apply to one minority when there are many minority. Only mexican HC is Ron Rivera if Im not mistaken...

Iím committed to racial equality. However one thing I love about the Raiders is Al Davis ainít (yes I said ainít!) gaf if you were purple. Jewish Owner

Hired first female VP.
    First Hispanic head coach
    First black head coach
    First black quarterback taken in the first round Eldridge Dickey
    One of the first teams to recruit heavily form black colleges
    Not to mention Al Davis early Work at USC
    Every other nfl team is late to the party. AL Davis never needed a Rooney rule. Still donít

this is total BS for them to ever look at the Raiders for this since we paved the way for minorities and on top of that all Mark has wanted Gruden ever since he took over so idk why this should even be a thing

Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERLIFE View Post
    Im still baffled over the Rooney rule. Why does it apply to one minority when there are many minority. Only mexican HC is Ron Rivera if Im not mistaken...
    Um, it applies to all minorities...You don't have to interview a black guy to fulfill it, you can interview any minority and fulfill it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

If it's the Raiders, it's bs. If it's the Patriots or Broncos or Chiefs or Chargers, bring down the hammer!

mberr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERLIFE View Post
    It's not a "you must interview one black guy" rule. A candidate from any minority satisfies the role, be they black, Asian, Navajo, whatever. I think you primarily see black coaches bc football is not as big a sport in other cultures.

Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Amy Trask has been out in front, torch and pitchfork in hand leading this mob. I am not exactly sure what her issue is with Mark but she seems to have one.
    I agree. No doubt she has a thing for the Raiders. She needs a life. She's probably campaigning for some kind of position to make her look good.

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    Um, it applies to all minorities...You don't have to interview a black guy to fulfill it, you can interview any minority and fulfill it.

Just always turns out to be a black guy??

To be fair, Mark Davis pretty much admitted that he had a deal with Gruden before the end of the season (Christmas Eve) which looks like he did not comply with the Rooney Rule. He'll get fined or the Raiders will lose a draft pick if true that they did not comply with the rule. Kinda sucks given the Raiders (Al Davis') history with hiring minorities, but a rule is a rule. I just hope that the league does not yank a draft pick.

I understand why the rule is in place, For so many years....Minorities couldn't even get an interview not only for HC jobs, But coordinator jobs either. That is why it was such a big deal when Art Shell took over the Raiders. Mr. Davis was always a leader in diversity from spearheading the AFL which featured more minorities than the NFL, to coaches, women, etc. Congrats to Al Davis for being the maverick that he was.

But the truth to the matter is. When teams just run and get some random minority to interview just to appease the interview it does the rule an injustice. It makes the team look bad, And it doesnt help the person either. But if the rule wasn't in place it would be worse.

Mark Davis could have held this off a week, Interviewed some real minority candidates like Jim Caldwell or interview one of the good minority college coaches and then announced their choice. Who knows, maybe somebody comes in and blows the roof off. Maybe you come away with the next McVay or whatever. But if Gruden was the man all along you cannot penalize a team for that....You like who you like.

To answer the question about Amy Trask...She has a jones for Mark Davis because I think after Al Davis passed...I think she thought she would be running the show.

Uptominute nfl network said last breach of rule 2003 Matt Mullen not Detroit Lions was fined $200000 for hiring Steve Mariucci

Reggie should just give $1million and admit he screwed up poor guy lol

Fritz Pollard can eat my balls

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast