Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Embiid has been terrible against the Celtics. Holmes got abused.

And here we have our first "why was ben sitting" after a period of "ben should sit because he's hurting".
    lol he was red hot and playing damn well......... try again? most of us have stated we have 0 issues with ben playing as long as he is aggressive... we want him to sit when he is playing like a ***** and taking 1 shot in an entire 2nd half of basketball... AT ONE POINT BEN AND EMBIID WERE ON THE BENCH TOGETHER.... That should never happen when nobody is in foul trouble... please explain the stats above and try and excuse the coach for them... why when we get a lead do we continue our same play and refuse to adjust when it is clear as day the other team did just that at half?

Maybe because we aren't good enough to adjust like that yet?

I mean that's a damn good team we lost to with a top 10 NBA player, a top 3 rookie, and a guy playing at an elite level for more than half the season. Yea I really wanted to win, and it sucks to lose, but that was a good team.

PROCESSING

Maybe because we aren't good enough to adjust like that yet?

I mean that's a damn good team we lost to with a top 10 NBA player, a top 3 rookie, and a guy playing at an elite level for more than half the season. Yea I really wanted to win, and it sucks to lose, but that was a good team.
    i dont disagree with anything outside of us not being good enough to adjust... There is no adjustments its just us running our same game plan from start to finish... Yes the celtics were damn good but again this has happened now like 7 plus times this year where we go up big and turnovers/our pace/horrid lineups have caused a 30 plus point swing.... this happens but not as often as it happens with us. Again there is no excuse for both ben and embiid to ever be on the bench together unless foul trouble.... all the stats show the 3rd quarter is the problem and we do the same crap and basically pray we can hang on.... we are the fastest paced team in the 3rd while being the most turnover prone.... HOW HAS THAT NOT BEEN FIXED? The reason for 1 is legit the other... it isnt because we arent good enough to adjust... that is a lazy argument.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    i dont disagree with anything outside of us not being good enough to adjust... There is no adjustments its just us running our same game plan from start to finish... Yes the celtics were damn good but again this has happened now like 7 plus times this year where we go up big and turnovers/our pace/horrid lineups have caused a 30 plus point swing.... this happens but not as often as it happens with us. Again there is no excuse for both ben and embiid to ever be on the bench together unless foul trouble.... all the stats show the 3rd quarter is the problem and we do the same crap and basically pray we can hang on.... we are the fastest paced team in the 3rd while being the most turnover prone.... HOW HAS THAT NOT BEEN FIXED? The reason for 1 is legit the other... it isnt because we arent good enough to adjust... that is a lazy argument.
    A few things here. Weíre still a young team learning our system, how everyone works together, and roles. Thatís hard enough as is. Not to mention that what we were doing was working since we were up big.

Turnover prone? Look at other teams that play at a high pace. They are turnover prone too. To add our primary ball handler is a rookie, the second one plays too fast, Embiid has yet to play 150 games in his life, Cov/TLC/Anderson/Bayless arenít shining examples of protecting the ball.

This is the growth curve almost every young team goes through. Why should we expect to be any different.

PROCESSING

A few things here. Weíre still a young team learning our system, how everyone works together, and roles. Thatís hard enough as is. Not to mention that what we were doing was working since we were up big.

Turnover prone? Look at other teams that play at a high pace. They are turnover prone too. To add our primary ball handler is a rookie, the second one plays too fast, Embiid has yet to play 150 games in his life, Cov/TLC/Anderson/Bayless arenít shining examples of protecting the ball.

This is the growth curve almost every young team goes through. Why should we expect to be any different.
    you are underplaying just how often this same situation that happened today has happened this year without us even being at the half way point of the season.... this doesnt happen that often... not to 1 team. There is not a person here or sitting in the stands that ever feels safe when we have a 23 plus point lead at any point in the game because the expectations have become that we will blow it... there should have been some sort of adjustment made by now but go watch the last time this happened and todays game when it happened.... we rush up the court and someone either turns it over or heaves up a shot with 15 plus seconds left on the clock... the other team than obliterates us from 3 because the pace has dictated that we cant recover and get back after any sort of turnover or quick shot and our defenders become scattered.

us going on losing streaks or losing to inferior teams is fine.... that is legit growing pains... constantly blowing a 23 plus point lead because of turnovers/stupid shots/bad basketball and never making adjustments for said issues at any point in the game is annoying because its mostly us beating ourselves.

Iím not underplaying it at all.

I mean a team starts hitting shots not much you can do. Kyrie and Tatum hit a ton of really contested shots today. What are you to do about that? If a guy gets hot they get hot. And Iíve shown multiple times how we are a better team at shooting earlier in the clock than later. So if we tried to slow down I think things would actually get worse than better.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Take a look at the bold and tell me again why i shouldnt blame brett brown? This type of crap is infuriating... why dont we slow it down when we have a big lead or make some adjustments? these stats below show that other teams adjust while we continue our same strategy even though it isnt working.

Sixers are 27th in the league in 3rd quarter points allowed.

We are also 27th in the league in 3rd quarter ASST/TO ratio.

In the 3rd quarter, we have a TO% of 19.7, good for WORST IN THE LEAGUE. Next closest is the heat at 17.2.

In the 3rd quarter, the sixers have the highest pace in the league.
    Thatís sad.

Another clunker from RoCo. I don't understand how he ends up being one of the better +/- guys, the eye test every game has him right in the middle of the other teams big runs to come back. Today it was a travel, followed by another bad pass turnover, followed by allowing an irving 3. I said right then that it felt like we were going to blow it. For all he does defensively, if we had a competent ball handler and passer at the 3 we wouldn't be as turnover prone. He hurts the offense at this point. His need to take contested 3's really irritates me too. He the hot streak of his career right before being signed and now is going to be what holds us back. One of my least favorite Sixers ever, mainly because he is viewed as part of the core of this team. Frustrated

Iím not underplaying it at all.

I mean a team starts hitting shots not much you can do. Kyrie and Tatum hit a ton of really contested shots today. What are you to do about that? If a guy gets hot they get hot. And Iíve shown multiple times how we are a better team at shooting earlier in the clock than later. So if we tried to slow down I think things would actually get worse than better.
    If you want them making less shots, give them less possessions. Slow down.

Quote Originally Posted by MylesKong View Post
    If you want them making less shots, give them less possessions. Slow down.
    Fewer!

Quote Originally Posted by sixer04fan View Post
    Fewer!
    My bad, teach!

Quote Originally Posted by MylesKong View Post
    A real surprise they blew the lead to best team in conference. lol.
    blowing it is one thing but to lose by 18 is another and not acceptable.
    2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
    WE ALL WE NEED. WE ALL WE GOT.

On a lighter note... Markelle's shot is still ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Iversonfan4life View Post
    On a lighter note... Markelle's shot is still ****.
    I'm so pissed off about the whole Markelle situation. Whoever told him to change his shot should be punched in the face, if Markelle truly brought it on himself which I doubt someone should of told him not to. I feel like as fans who support this team and are the only reason sports can exist we should be told what the hell happened so I can snap on someone already.

They're probably delaying his return because they don't want to have to answer questions about what is wrong with Markelle.
    Last edited by PhillySportFan; 01-12-2018 at 11:36 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast