Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

ASG rosters announced

Did they get them right? Who got snubbed, and who shouldn't be there?

Also, color me surprised that this is only Crosby's 3rd ASG? That can't be right, can it?

2018 ALL-STAR ROSTERS (Number of All-Star Games)
    ATLANTIC DIVISION: F Aleksander Barkov, FLA (1st), F Jack Eichel, BUF (1st), F Nikita Kucherov, TBL (2nd), F Brad Marchand, BOS (2nd), F Auston Matthews, TOR (2nd), F Steven Stamkos, TBL (5th), D Mike Green, DET (2nd), D Victor Hedman, TBL (2nd), D Erik Karlsson, OTT (5th), G Carey Price, MTL (6th) and G Andrei Vasilevskiy, TBL (1st)

METROPOLITAN DIVISION: F Josh Bailey, NYI (1st), F Sidney Crosby, PIT (3rd), F Claude Giroux, PHI (5th), F Taylor Hall, NJD (3rd), F Alex Ovechkin, WSH (7th), F John Tavares, NYI (5th), D Noah Hanifin, CAR (1st), D Seth Jones, CBJ (2nd), D Kris Letang, PIT (4th), G Braden Holtby, WSH (3rd) and G Henrik Lundqvist, NYR (4th)

CENTRAL DIVISION: F Patrick Kane, CHI (7th), F Nathan MacKinnon, COL (2nd), F Brayden Schenn, STL (1st), F Tyler Seguin, DAL (5th), F Eric Staal, MIN (5th), F Blake Wheeler, WPG (1st), D John Klingberg, DAL (1st), D Alex Pietrangelo, STL (1st), D P.K. Subban, NSH (3rd), G Connor Hellebuyck, WPG (1st) and G Pekka Rinne, NSH (2nd)

PACIFIC DIVISION: F Brock Boeser, VAN (1st), F Johnny Gaudreau, CGY (4th), F Anze Kopitar, LAK (4th), F Connor McDavid, EDM (2nd), F James Neal, VGK (3rd), F Rickard Rakell, ANA (1st), D Brent Burns, SJS (5th), D Drew Doughty, LAK (4th), D Oliver Ekman-Larsson, ARI (2nd), G Marc-Andre Fleury, VGK (3rd) and G Jonathan Quick, LAK (3rd)

Sid is injury prone. Add in the olympics twice and a lockout. Glad Toews didn't get his third straight undeserved addition.

Carey Price making the all-star team is a joke. Among goalies w/ 20+ games he's ranked 20 of 31 in both GAA & SV%
    Carlo / McAvoy / Bjork / DeBrusk
    "The Next Generation"

Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    Carey Price making the all-star team is a joke. Among goalies w/ 20+ games he's ranked 20 of 31 in both GAA & SV%
    He's been the best Hab. It's the only position they could find a Hab. I'm not big on having to have a player from each time but it is what it is. player x is a 9 time all-star for example means NOTHING. Look at some of the all-stars in recent years.

Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    He's been the best Hab. It's the only position they could find a Hab. I'm not big on having to have a player from each time but it is what it is. player x is a 9 time all-star for example means NOTHING. Look at some of the all-stars in recent years.
    Exactly. It used to mean something to an "x" time all-star, now its just a joke. The All-Star game is meant for the best players of that season and sadly fans get ripped off because we don't get the best of a particular season.
    "The Next Generation"

They need to change the selection process.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Bergeron and Pastrnak I definitely felt we’re snubbed for the Bruins (I can’t comprehend how Bergy wasn’t selected... makes no sense at all...)

Marchessault not getting selected was flooring too... over a PPG at the time of selection and not getting into the ASG is bananas lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    Bergeron and Pastrnak I definitely felt we’re snubbed for the Bruins (I can’t comprehend how Bergy wasn’t selected... makes no sense at all...)

Marchessault not getting selected was flooring too... over a PPG at the time of selection and not getting into the ASG is bananas lol

Sadly the All-Star game isn't what it used to be. I don't even watch the All-Star game/tournament. I'll watch the skills competition but that's about it.
    "The Next Generation"

Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    Price I understand at the very least because he's the "top player" on a big NHL market. However, I do not like the rule having all teams represented. I feel the same way about baseball- as a fan of a non-winning, smaller market team going to tune in because they had a middle reliever or a journeyman having a career year in the field is selected as a reserve? I don't think so. Swap those guys out for actual stars and players everyone wants to see on the ice.

the all star jerseys are ugly

An even bigger joke is Point being named as Hedman replacement for the All-Star game.

First and foremost they don't even play the same position and if you're going to go with a forward, what makes Point more deserving than say....

Huberdeau
    Pastrnak
    Bergeron
    Trocheck
    Stone

Sad that the All-Star game has turned into a "how many hometown guys can we get on the roster" type deal. Then again when the 2013 All-Star MVP didn't lead the game in G/A/Pts, but was the best of the hometown guys and was given the "MPV"...why should I expect this to be any different
    "The Next Generation"

Yah if anything they should’ve gone with Sergachev instead of Point, but I can see what they’re doing in swapping out someone from the same team, it has nothing to do with them hosting.

Boyle replaced Hall and Werenski replaces Seth Jones. Like for like