Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    This is basic basketball stuff, dude, I don't know how you're so lost on it. They had the ball in transition, why would you call a timeout there? And it doesn't take Wall or Kyrie to NOT make that play. Jack should have been able to handle it.

You need that timeout precisely because there's a 50% chance you'll need to advance the ball on your next possession, late, with little time left. Which is exactly what happened. Even if Jack had made that basket, then Chicago came down and scored again, we need a timeout.
    I've watched so much basketball for so many years and you ever watch SA and see POP call a TO in that situation? Yes

And if the Knicks had a reliable point guard and he is the coach on the floor in full agreement but we don't that is my point and should have handled it and handled it is a big differential.

Also were you watching all the goofs, terrible plays, rushed shots it was ugly.

did you watch two plays off TO's that were successful.........its an easy call now because we failed and then lost but I'd call time out and I get it lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I don't know if you are being sarcastic but I agree with your statement
    Dead serious. There is no benefit in Jack, Beasley and Lee playing big minutes as it takes the time and experience from our young guys and on top of it these vets are not good enough to win anything or propel us to the playoffs. They are just good enough to keep us from getting a good pick. No winning culture just vets eating up playing time and losing. Makes no sense. Frank playing professionally since 16. If he cracks under pressure NY is not the place for him. Honestly these young guys need to playing and developing without the pressure being placed on them to win. Bulls trajectory is going up because their young guys are playing all year so they are getting better and creating chemistry. Knicks trajectory is down because we are relying on players who cannot sustain high level play while slowing the development of the youth

Quote Originally Posted by cssdmark View Post
    Dead serious. There is no benefit in Jack, Beasley and Lee playing big minutes as it takes the time and experience from our young guys and on top of it these vets are not good enough to win anything or propel us to the playoffs. They are just good enough to keep us from getting a good pick. No winning culture just vets eating up playing time and losing. Makes no sense. Frank playing professionally since 16. If he cracks under pressure NY is not the place for him. Honestly these young guys need to playing and developing without the pressure being placed on them to win. Bulls trajectory is going up because their young guys are playing all year so they are getting better and creating chemistry. Knicks trajectory is down because we are relying on players who cannot sustain high level play while slowing the development of the youth
    Spot on. These losses are infuriating particularly because the pointless vets are eating up all the valuable playing time.

Quote Originally Posted by bofakop View Post
    We only have 4 more wins than Chi who currently has the 7th pick in the draft.. i really think it is time to get what we can for our Vets...bring up Trey(see what he has) who is still young. and see what our young guys can do.. if they play well so be it.. if not we move up into a lottery that is loaded at the top.

We are not going anywhere as currently constructed anyway -
    It'll happen IMO. This stretch is gonna sink our season and we will sell at the deadline. Teams don't make trades yet. I'm not sure why everyone is up in arms that these guys are still on the roster. If you notice there hasn't been one freakin' trade made by any team all season long. There is one period during the season where teams trade. We're not there yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Hustla23 View Post
    Spot on. These losses are infuriating particularly because the pointless vets are eating up all the valuable playing time.
    You don't hand young guys spots without them earning it. That's how you lose a locker room, and potentially cripple the young guys' development.

Unless Beasley and Jack play their way out of the rotation, like Lance Thomas, then you can't just bench them. I know you guys all want muh yoof, but you don't know what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    I hate Jack taking three's and he had so much time and Bulls were not fouling.

Markkenan now has outplayed KP a few times, kid lights up when he see's KP.
    He looks at KP like bubble wrap that he wants to pop or doctors cotton.

KP better find a jump hook because that face up shot with the guy in his chest is going to always be inconsistent.

You don't hand young guys spots without them earning it. That's how you lose a locker room, and potentially cripple the young guys' development.

Unless Beasley and Jack play their way out of the rotation, like Lance Thomas, then you can't just bench them. I know you guys all want muh yoof, but you don't know what you're talking about.
    Agreed, but you let them compete against other young guys for the job, not guys like Beasley and Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Agreed, but you let them compete against other young guys for the job, not guys like Beasley and Jack.
    Every team has veteran players. If your young guys can't win out over mediocre journeyman players, then why the **** are you so eager to see them?

And Frank has been given every opportunity. For most of the season the kid was playing all the crunch time minutes.

I donít even recall Lee taking a shot in OT, what was he out there for his defense?

I'm fine with Beasley and Jack. Frank is so raw we needed a 1 year stopgap PG that wasn't really a threat at all to keep the job long term. When Frank is playing like a teenager Jack is gonna play more. Coaches are fighting for their jobs everyday and are gonna play to win. I'm OK with that. Beasley I think might stick. I like his fit as KP's backup for a couple years until we find a more permanent fit. Lee will be gone either at the deadline or offseason. Quinn will be gone. The Bulls are doing the same thing the Knicks did in 2014.

I do wish Willy and Dotson could crack the rotation. I think that'll happen once Lee and Kyle are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by ISIAH_THOMAS View Post
    Frank was garbage never looks at the hoops smh

Jack was solid

Our franchise player shooting under 40 percent is horrific
    Right on. And that my friend was the reason for the loss tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    It'll happen IMO. This stretch is gonna sink our season and we will sell at the deadline. Teams don't make trades yet. I'm not sure why everyone is up in arms that these guys are still on the roster. If you notice there hasn't been one freakin' trade made by any team all season long. There is one period during the season where teams trade. We're not there yet.
    the trade Deadline is now less than a month away....I said it is time to get what we can... am I complaining that we have not yet? The time IS NOW to start looking to move vets. these next few weeks is when things will pick up you should be laying foundations now.

No one said anything about benching veterans and playing young players exclusively. That's not logistically possible. You're conflating things to the extreme to make asinine arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by bofakop View Post
    the trade Deadline is now less than a month away....I said it is time to get what we can... am I complaining that we have not yet? The time IS NOW to start looking to move vets. these next few weeks is when things will pick up you should be laying foundations now.
    I used your post to make more of a general statement, wasn't implying you were talking like that. But people complaining about veterans still being here need to realize trades don't freakin' happen until the deadline. With every loss you'll hear the talks start to heat up. It happened with Kyle, he is good as gone IMO, I expect Lee and Lance to be next on the rumor mill. Maybe even Beasley if we have no intention of keeping him around. I also wouldn't be all that surprised if we try to sell McDermott to a playoff team that needs shooting. I expect a lot of chatter and probably 1-2 actual moves when it's all said and done.

Every team has veteran players. If your young guys can't win out over mediocre journeyman players, then why the **** are you so eager to see them?

And Frank has been given every opportunity. For most of the season the kid was playing all the crunch time minutes.
    Exactly, these guys want our rookie who was complete garbage tonight but not one writer will talk about that, Jeff saves him from himself. Look at what KP is doing in year 3? He is still learning and still making mistakes but you don't throw Frank to the wolves unless he's going well, and tonight he was worst than garbage.

If Willy is so good you nailed it he would be playing over Q, if it was even close he would be playing over Q. My feeling is Kanter and Q are eating him up in practice because he cant touch the court.

Who's left? Baker hustles but what else is he the future?

Who's left? Doug? I would have him atleast a couple minutes in two ot's he only came in at the very end for a shot at three.

Who's left? Timmy is out

Who's left? Who is this young stud that should have played that is our future stud?

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast