Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Questions thread

Put them here. Will try to answer when I can. Or if someone else has the answer they can put it here.

PROCESSING

Can we do something about the blind bidding for QBs? It clearly didn't work last year.
    POOP

Quote Originally Posted by Quinnsanity View Post
    Can we do something about the blind bidding for QBs? It clearly didn't work last year.
    It depends on who is a free agent TBH, but yes a system in place would be ideal. I feel like we had thought of a solution last year after the fact but I forget about it now
    Rand University

Rocky Top youíll always be
    Home sweet home to me
    Good olí Rocky Top
    Rocky Top Tennessee

My take would be set a max (idk, 50 million for argument's sake which is around what Brees went for last year if I recall), and anyone who wants to meet that max can make a one PM pitch. Commish decides from there.
    POOP

I think last year the issue was we had two top level guys as FAs so as Super said it depends on who is a FA.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    I think last year the issue was we had two top level guys as FAs so as Super said it depends on who is a FA.
    There is a plan in place, it depends who's there, and it won't be announced until we know who's there.

PROCESSING

what exactly were the complaints against what happened last year? I dont remember
    Rand University

Home sweet home to me
    Good olí Rocky Top
    Rocky Top Tennessee

Both went to blind bidding as soon as FA opened.

We kinda fixed it by doing Brees for a day and then Cousins after but people who where in on them lost out on some of the other big time FAs.

If we have that issue again I say do that again but don't allow anyone to sign till these QBs sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Both went to blind bidding as soon as FA opened.

We kinda fixed it by doing Brees for a day and then Cousins after but people who where in on them lost out on some of the other big time FAs.

If we have that issue again I say do that again but don't allow anyone to sign till these QBs sign.
    I have a plan in place, I won't say what it is unless we hit what it takes. I want to let team picking, trades, tags happen before I say what's going to happen so I don't impact those 3 aspects.

Basically if we hit the situation, I'm going to post the rules for whats going to happen at that point.

PROCESSING

How closely are we holding to reality with franchise tags?

Two examples: Drew Brees has a clause in his contract that forbids franchise tags. Can he be tagged in game?

Le'Veon Bell said he'd consider retirement/holding out all season if he gets tagged again. Will that happen in game?
    POOP

Oh, and Kirk Cousins too. Will he get the typical QB tag, or does he get the massive third year in a row tag?
    POOP

How closely are we holding to reality with franchise tags?

Two examples: Drew Brees has a clause in his contract that forbids franchise tags. Can he be tagged in game?

Le'Veon Bell said he'd consider retirement/holding out all season if he gets tagged again. Will that happen in game?
    You'll just have to see what happens with them.

Oh, and Kirk Cousins too. Will he get the typical QB tag, or does he get the massive third year in a row tag?
    I think that in the past it's been the tag or 10% over what the previous salary was if retagged. I'll think about it.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    You'll just have to see what happens with them.

I think that in the past it's been the tag or 10% over what the previous salary was if retagged. I'll think about it.
    You can't expect us to pick teams without knowing the rules...
    POOP

You can't expect us to pick teams without knowing the rules...
    Yes I can. Especially that Bell one. It's part of the risk of taking the Steelers.

PROCESSING

I dont understand the confusion.

Bell said he'd retire if tagged, so tag him and trade him, or renegotiate a bigger contract with him when he holds out.

Brees clearly cant be tagged per his contract

An "exclusive" franchise player must be offered a one-year contract for an amount no less than the average of the top five salaries at the player's position as of a date in April of the current year in which the tag will apply, or 120 percent of the player's previous year's salary, whichever is greater
    Cousins would get 28732320.

It aint that hard
    Rand University

Home sweet home to me
    Good olí Rocky Top
    Rocky Top Tennessee

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast