Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 35
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    42,983

    Questions thread

    Put them here. Will try to answer when I can. Or if someone else has the answer they can put it here.

    PROCESSING

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    5,566
    Can we do something about the blind bidding for QBs? It clearly didn't work last year.
    POOP

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    26,748
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinnsanity View Post
    Can we do something about the blind bidding for QBs? It clearly didn't work last year.
    It depends on who is a free agent TBH, but yes a system in place would be ideal. I feel like we had thought of a solution last year after the fact but I forget about it now
    Rand University



    Rocky Top youíll always be
    Home sweet home to me
    Good olí Rocky Top
    Rocky Top Tennessee

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    5,566
    My take would be set a max (idk, 50 million for argument's sake which is around what Brees went for last year if I recall), and anyone who wants to meet that max can make a one PM pitch. Commish decides from there.
    POOP

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Punta Gorda, FL
    Posts
    26,729
    I think last year the issue was we had two top level guys as FAs so as Super said it depends on who is a FA.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    42,983
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    I think last year the issue was we had two top level guys as FAs so as Super said it depends on who is a FA.
    There is a plan in place, it depends who's there, and it won't be announced until we know who's there.

    PROCESSING

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    26,748
    what exactly were the complaints against what happened last year? I dont remember
    Rand University



    Rocky Top youíll always be
    Home sweet home to me
    Good olí Rocky Top
    Rocky Top Tennessee

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Punta Gorda, FL
    Posts
    26,729
    Both went to blind bidding as soon as FA opened.

    We kinda fixed it by doing Brees for a day and then Cousins after but people who where in on them lost out on some of the other big time FAs.


    If we have that issue again I say do that again but don't allow anyone to sign till these QBs sign.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    42,983
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Both went to blind bidding as soon as FA opened.

    We kinda fixed it by doing Brees for a day and then Cousins after but people who where in on them lost out on some of the other big time FAs.


    If we have that issue again I say do that again but don't allow anyone to sign till these QBs sign.
    I have a plan in place, I won't say what it is unless we hit what it takes. I want to let team picking, trades, tags happen before I say what's going to happen so I don't impact those 3 aspects.

    Basically if we hit the situation, I'm going to post the rules for whats going to happen at that point.

    PROCESSING

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    5,566
    How closely are we holding to reality with franchise tags?

    Two examples: Drew Brees has a clause in his contract that forbids franchise tags. Can he be tagged in game?

    Le'Veon Bell said he'd consider retirement/holding out all season if he gets tagged again. Will that happen in game?
    POOP

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    5,566
    Oh, and Kirk Cousins too. Will he get the typical QB tag, or does he get the massive third year in a row tag?
    POOP

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    42,983
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinnsanity View Post
    How closely are we holding to reality with franchise tags?

    Two examples: Drew Brees has a clause in his contract that forbids franchise tags. Can he be tagged in game?

    Le'Veon Bell said he'd consider retirement/holding out all season if he gets tagged again. Will that happen in game?
    You'll just have to see what happens with them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Quinnsanity View Post
    Oh, and Kirk Cousins too. Will he get the typical QB tag, or does he get the massive third year in a row tag?
    I think that in the past it's been the tag or 10% over what the previous salary was if retagged. I'll think about it.

    PROCESSING

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    5,566
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    You'll just have to see what happens with them.



    I think that in the past it's been the tag or 10% over what the previous salary was if retagged. I'll think about it.
    You can't expect us to pick teams without knowing the rules...
    POOP

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    42,983
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinnsanity View Post
    You can't expect us to pick teams without knowing the rules...
    Yes I can. Especially that Bell one. It's part of the risk of taking the Steelers.

    PROCESSING

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    26,748
    I dont understand the confusion.

    Bell said he'd retire if tagged, so tag him and trade him, or renegotiate a bigger contract with him when he holds out.

    Brees clearly cant be tagged per his contract

    An "exclusive" franchise player must be offered a one-year contract for an amount no less than the average of the top five salaries at the player's position as of a date in April of the current year in which the tag will apply, or 120 percent of the player's previous year's salary, whichever is greater
    Cousins would get 28732320.

    It aint that hard
    Rand University



    Rocky Top youíll always be
    Home sweet home to me
    Good olí Rocky Top
    Rocky Top Tennessee

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •