Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mohye View Post
    Why is there so much love for cole? Guy is an average pitcher minus one year when he was really good. If I was either team I would give up a bigger ransom and go after fulmer.
    Guy has a career 3.50 ERA and 3.27 FIP. Number 1 draft pick with great stuff, it isn't hard to see why teams want this guy. He is coming off an underwhelming season where he gave up a lot of HRs. Before last season he had elite HR rates. His value all depends on if a team think he bounces back or not.

https://twitter.com/TBrownYahoo/stat...18954160050177

Looks like there is a deal in place.

That would be an god awful deal for PIT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Full deal

Michael Feliz
    Jason Martin
    Joe Musgrove
    Colin Moran

For Cole

Lol at the Pirates

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Full deal

Michael Feliz
    Jason Martin
    Joe Musgrove
    Colin Moran

For Cole

Lol at the Pirates

I think it's a pretty decent return. Anyone who expected them to Tucker or Whitley was kidding themselves. They got 3 guys they can instantly put on their 25 man.

Quote Originally Posted by Tryptamine View Post
    I think it's a pretty decent return. Anyone who expected them to Tucker or Whitley was kidding themselves. They got 3 guys they can instantly put on their 25 man.
    They have no chance at competing so acquiring 26 year olds shouldnít be the route they go

Good deal for the both sides, Collin Moran is a legit prospect, but he's completely blocked in Houston.

Moran has James Loney upside, I don't trust his power spike in PCL much. He will just be a serviceable player IMO.

Musgrove is a legit rotation piece. He has shown outstanding control in the minors and should be about to hit his stride.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Guy has a career 3.50 ERA and 3.27 FIP. Number 1 draft pick with great stuff, it isn't hard to see why teams want this guy. He is coming off an underwhelming season where he gave up a lot of HRs. Before last season he had elite HR rates. His value all depends on if a team think he bounces back or not.
    Guy gives up a lot of Home Runs gets traded to Houston.....hmmm that won't be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Moran has James Loney upside, I don't trust his power spike in PCL much. He will just be a serviceable player IMO.

Musgrove is a legit rotation piece. He has shown outstanding control in the minors and should be about to hit his stride.
    IDK Moran can play 3rd and seems like a much more disciplined hitter, even if the power never materializes.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Full deal

Michael Feliz
    Jason Martin
    Joe Musgrove
    Colin Moran

For Cole

Lol at the Pirates

I think you might be overrating Cole, this is a guy with 2 years left who likely won't consider an extension who has had ONE elite season.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Those numbers equate to a lifetime average MLB pitcher. He had one really good year. Rest of the time he's been league average. I'm sure a move to the al and in a small park guy will be league average at best.

oh jeezes christ you people, stick him on each mlb team one at a time and hes at least a 2-3 on almost every gawd dam team, and a 1 on enough of them

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    I think you might be overrating Cole, this is a guy with 2 years left who likely won't consider an extension who has had ONE elite season.
    Cole is a lifetime 112 ERA+, 3.27 FIP starter who has topped 200 innings in 2 of the 4 seasons that was an option for him.

He gave up half his career home runs against last year (like a lot of the league), despite his batted ball rates remaining the same (except for the HR/FB ratio).

He has two years of cost control, and will be paid something around 17-19M for those two years (depending how this year goes).

According to Sickels

Moran was 5th (B)
    Martin was 13th (B-)

Musgrove and Feliz are both former prospects who don't appear to have much upside left after showings in the big leagues.

I'd say this was an underpay for Cole. The Pirates didn't get enough.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast