Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    His job isn't to be the lead back. His job is to share time with Murray and be a pass catching option out of the backfield. He did the same thing with Matt Asiata last year. His role is similar to a Darren Sproles type. You **** on Sproles for these same reasons? Doubt it.
    Still waiting to hear how he's an injury waiting to happen though. Missed one game the past 3 seasons.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Literally just explained it. He's always hurt Lol! Just bc he's been able to avoid ir doesn't mean he isn't injury prone. And Sproles is a bad comparison bc well he is actually good averaging 4.9 yds per carry for his career in addition to the 50 or so catches he's good for every year. While Mckinnon sits barely at 4 thanks to his rookie season.

Missed one game in the past 3 years.

And Sproles is a great comp. Sproles is no doubt the better of the two, but he's basically Sproles lite. I'm not even arguing he's some great RB, bc he's not. Neither is Murray. But both are good for what they're asked to do.

With the one exception being the game @ Carolina, Murray has run the ball very effectively since the bye week.

Nobody is saying the Vikes RB duo is as good as the Saints RB duo bc they're not. What Ingram and Kamara each did this year is beyond impressive, both putting up over 1500 yards of offense is ridiculous. But Murray and McKinnon have done just fine sharing time since Dalvin Cook tore his ACL.

No point in going back and forth though. It's going to be a never ending convo and derail the game thread, ha.

Best of luck to your Eagles this weekend. It sucks Wentz got hurt, and I truly mean that. He's a great QB and seems like an even better human being. The kid is going to be special for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    Bc you keep going with this narrative that they are comparable bc they racked up yards despite neither Murray nor Mckinnon being able to avg 4 yard a carry. It's not comparable. Not even close. Making a case for Thielen, Diggs, and Rudolph...sure because they are actually good lol! Trying to compare a couple of backup caliber rb's to a couple elite rb's by any measure is asinine to me.
    I never said they were comparable. I said there wasnt as large of a gap production wise. Its not like were comparing Brady to Kizer. The fact remains they produced a lot of combined yards together. They are not on the same level as the Saints but they were prettt good in their own right. The Saints being the only duo to be more productive is a good thing.
    2017 Vikings Draft :
    41: Dalvin Cook RB Florida State
    70: Pat Elflein C Ohio State
    109: Jaleel Johnson DT Iowa
    120: Ben Gedeon LB Michigan
    170: Rodney Adams WR South Florida
    180: Danny Isidora G Miami
    201: Bucky Hodges TE Virginia Tech
    219: Stacy Coley WR Miami
    220: Ifeadi Odenigbo DE Northwestern
    232: Elijah Lee LB Kansas State
    245: Jack Tocho CB N.C. State

#Faith

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I wouldnt say the RB gap is all that large. Between weeks 5 through 15 Kamara/Ingram averaged 196 yards per game. Murray and McKinnon were 2nd in the NFL with 154 yards per game.
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Ingram and Kamara vs Murray and McKinnon honestly isn't as big a difference as you'd think. Of course the Saints duo is better, but not by that wide a margin.
    I assume "weeks 5 through 15" was chosen for a purpose, but even then, 196 yards to 154 yards is obviously a big difference, a large gap, and a wide margin.

Yards from scrimmage, games 5 to 16, it's a difference of 220 to 152 yards average per game. That's 816 yards total over those games!

I do agree though the Vikings have better receiving options, incl. TE.

I'm leaning towards the Vikings winning this game; it's a home game and the Saints have accumulated a lot of injuries.

All that being said, its ceryainly not crazy to want to face Minnys offense over NOs. Keep in mind Im a closet Minny fan (Cunningham, Bradford) so no disrespect.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post

Especially TE. Thats not even close to debatable. Josh Hill had a big game against carolina but for the most part he does more harm than good when trying to pass to him. Don't get me started on Fleener lol

Vikings have a bit more depth at WR but honestly it would be a bit more even if Snead was playing up to par. Ginn is being a bit undervalued here but he's been remarkable with a 75% catch rate which is good for 2nd among WRs behind Tate.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/pla...ing-catch-rate

I just realized Minny plays in a dome of sorts. I assumed it was an outdoor kind of place. This is making me lean towards New Orleans. It's coming down to qb play, Vikes defense will keep them in it. But the QB play of the saints, their overall balance as a team will Trump the vaunted Vikes d and the inexperienced Keenum.

Defense and home field will keep it close but I usually lean towards guys that have done it before espcially at QB and HC.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    Literally just explained it. He's always hurt Lol! Just bc he's been able to avoid ir doesn't mean he isn't injury prone. And Sproles is a bad comparison bc well he is actually good averaging 4.9 yds per carry for his career in addition to the 50 or so catches he's good for every year. While Mckinnon sits barely at 4 thanks to his rookie season.
    sorry dude but if McKinnon only missed one game in 3 years hes no longer injury prone. you should prob let it go

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    I assume "weeks 5 through 15" was chosen for a purpose, but even then, 196 yards to 154 yards is obviously a big difference, a large gap, and a wide margin.

Yards from scrimmage, games 5 to 16, it's a difference of 220 to 152 yards average per game. That's 816 yards total over those games!

I'm leaning towards the Vikings winning this game; it's a home game and the Saints have accumulated a lot of injuries.
    It was. Week 4 was the last game AP played for the Saints and the same week Cook was injured. So each tandem truly started week 5. I also took these stats from an ESPN article that was written after week 15. I didn't go after week 15 because the Vikings rested starters late in the 3rd against the Bengals. But in that time frame I don't consider 42 yards a game that wide of margin. It's a big margin but it's not like we're talking about the Saints rbs vs the Giants. The Saints clearly have the better RBs but the point of this whole thing is to show the Vikings RBs are pretty good too and had a good season of their own. The stats prove they had a good season. Finishing #2 to NO in total yards is something to be proud of. Both had just under 1,000 total yards while playing less than a full season. The Vikings will have their hands full with Ingram and Kamara but the Saints LBs will have their hands full too with Murray and McKinnon.
    2017 Vikings Draft :
    41: Dalvin Cook RB Florida State
    70: Pat Elflein C Ohio State
    109: Jaleel Johnson DT Iowa
    120: Ben Gedeon LB Michigan
    170: Rodney Adams WR South Florida
    180: Danny Isidora G Miami
    201: Bucky Hodges TE Virginia Tech
    219: Stacy Coley WR Miami
    220: Ifeadi Odenigbo DE Northwestern
    232: Elijah Lee LB Kansas State
    245: Jack Tocho CB N.C. State

#Faith

NFC Divisional Round IGT: New Orleans Saints at Minnesota Vikings

Ya I think the qb difference is likely to persuade people here and I get that. Outside of that the edge on offense isn't as big of an issue as others have mentioned as the weapons are split (they have better rbs and we have better Wrs/te).

Luckily for us though we have Rhodes to stick on Thomas. We have Joseph and fast lbs to help control the run game hopefully like Carolina did. We have good pass rushers in Griffen and hunter. Lastly smith to make up for any mistakes made and make a couple key stops probably as well. I think given how well our defense has played at home and the talent we have there is a good chance to hold the saints under 20.

I'm gonna say 24-17 vikes because I'm definitely not picking the saints lol

The issue isn't about what each offensive skill player does over the course of a season, it's about what all of them combined are able to do against a given defense. i.e. Case against the NO defense vs Brees against the Vikings D

If any sort of shootout happens, it favors the Saints...but it's not like that Saints D is likely to shut down the Vikings O.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Rhodes vs Thomas might decide the matchup because the Saints dont have much outside of Thomas at WR or TE. We did a good job last week trying to involve Coleman and Snead, but all year they've been subpar. Our TE production is atrocious. I miss Jimmy.

New Orleans vs. Atlanta in the NFC Championship Game.

1934 1938 1961 2010 2013 2015

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    It was. Week 4 was the last game AP played for the Saints and the same week Cook was injured. So each tandem truly started week 5. I also took these stats from an ESPN article that was written after week 15. I didn't go after week 15 because the Vikings rested starters late in the 3rd against the Bengals. But in that time frame I don't consider 42 yards a game that wide of margin. It's a big margin but it's not like we're talking about the Saints rbs vs the Giants. The Saints clearly have the better RBs but the point of this whole thing is to show the Vikings RBs are pretty good too and had a good season of their own. The stats prove they had a good season. Finishing #2 to NO in total yards is something to be proud of. Both had just under 1,000 total yards while playing less than a full season. The Vikings will have their hands full with Ingram and Kamara but the Saints LBs will have their hands full too with Murray and McKinnon.
    You're talking about more than 700 yards in 11 weeks. Obviously that's a big margin.

Also I just checked and Minnesota doesn't even have the #2 RB duo.

Combined yards from scrimmage by two RBs:

Ingram/Kamara: 2387
    Gurley/Brown: 1709
    Murray/McKinnon: 1666
    Gorden/Ekeler: 1649
    Bell/Conner: 1622
    Crowell/Johnson: 1512

I stopped checking there but it looks like almost all of the NFL comes in above 1000. So in other words, the margin between the Saints RB duo and the Vikings RB duo is as big as the margin between the latter and the worst NFL teams in terms of RB duos, i.e. teams that have rotated between more than two RBs this season.

Or using your words, there isn't a big difference between the Saints two RBs and the two RBs of the team that went 0-16.
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 01-11-2018 at 06:52 PM.

Murray and McKinnon also barely touched the ball the first 3.5 weeks bc Dalvin Cook was still healthy.

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast