Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
    Would love to see the Bills make a run for WR Bryce Butler. I think he is legit.

Sucks losing the only 3 guys on the OL who were productive. Gonna be a tough year for McCarron.

Allen should definitely sit this year because the OL is going to be truely horrible and we only have 1 weapon outside in Benjamin. This team has a ways to go.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Sucks losing the only 3 guys on the OL who were productive. Gonna be a tough year for McCarron.

Allen should definitely sit this year because the OL is going to be truely horrible and we only have 1 weapon outside in Benjamin. This team has a ways to go.
    I agree regarding the WRs, although I think a healthy Benjamin and Jones in year 2 is a natural upgrade from last year. I mean Jimmy Garoppolo was good with just Goodwin and someone like Cam Newton has never really had good WRs besides Benjamin (which makes me wonder if WR will ever be a priority for this team).

As far as the line goes, I'm not sure we can say yet. Two of the guys they brought in were starters on other teams (Bodine and Newhouse) and Dawkins filled in well (for a rookie) when Glenn was out. The other wild card is Wyatt Teller, who some had as a 2nd/3rd round talent. Apparently, he struggled this year but was really good last year.

William Wyatt Teller started his Hokie career on defense, as he was rated one of the top defensive linemen in the country after being named the Virginia state Defensive Player of the Year as a senior in high school (120 tackles, 11 sacks, four forced fumbles). He redshirted while moving from defensive end to offensive tackle in 2013, and then to guard in the spring of 2014. Teller, one of the strongest players in the country both in the weight room and functionally on the field, played in all 13 games in 2014, starting the final six at left guard. His conversion was complete as a sophomore, starting 12 of 13 games played at the left guard spot. Teller's play in 2016 garnered him honorable mention All-ACC notice, as he showed mobility and awareness in blitz pickup to go along with that strength in 14 games (12 starts). Coaches voted him first-team all-conference for his play as a 13-game starter at the left guard spot in 2017.

Teams will have to figure out why Teller's consistency and effort level dropped so drastically from 2016 to 2017 if they want to draft him. He has the play strength, body control and hand usage you want from an interior player, but his tape simply wasn't trustworthy this season. Teller has limitations, but he also has enough in the toolbox to work with. He'll be a fit as a backup with eventual starter potential in a power-based scheme if he can revert to his 2016 form.
    https://www.nfl.com/prospects/wyatt-...e-fdb0a7ca0c59

Overall, I agree that you don't want to throw him into a bad situation. I just think we have to wait and see what the situation is.

Management obviously wants to avoid the diva #1 WR, but the trade for Benjamin proves they know you need talent there.

Tremaine Edmunds is officially under contract.

Mandel signed with the Hamilton tiger cats. I live in Hamilton. Definitely going to see some games this year.

Will this whole incognito drama get us a compensatory pick next year now if he signs with another team?

Here is the general scoop on our QB situation from everything that I have read...

McCarron has underperformed. He has done some work with the 1s, but mostly with the 2s and 3s lately. So far, the reports have been a bit disappointing on him.

Peterman is working mostly with the 1s and has been very impressive. He has so far unseated McCarron as the favorite to top the depth chart when it becomes available. All reports have him looking good.

Allen has worked some with the 1s, but mostly with the 2s and 3s. Most still believe that he's going to be "the guy" this year. I believe the Bills are intentionally taking focus of him by mostly running him with the 2s and 3s. So far, all reports have him looking extremely comfortable.

That's the basics of what I have read.

I've read that Allen is blowing everyone's minds.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415