Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 91 to 103 of 103
  1. #91
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,438
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    There's no point. Hes convinced tyrod can win a championship. Like i mean he could... With perfect coaching and a perfect team arpund him... Hell i could probably win a ship in those cercumstances.
    I love the teetering on the fence here.

    You first insinuate that I am foolish because I think Tyrod can win. But then, you yourself says its possible lol. And the reason why you think it is possible, is because of the exact thing I have been saying for two months now. Which is, if they fill the excruciating holes they have in the draft with the picks they have, rather than gambling all the picks away for a QB in the top 5.

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,438
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Smuggler View Post
    Vontae Davis visiting the Bills. Would totally take that signing.

    Per Sabres' point, which I want to echo - we have a lot of holes. A signing like Davis helps. If we lose Gaines, I hear we can get like a 3rd rd compensatory pick in 2019.

    If we trade up for a QB and cannot fill those holes, we will not be making the playoffs in the next year or two with a rookie QB. Not to mention our older vets who are big contributors will slow down/not remain with the team, e.g. Shady, Incognito, Hughes, Kyle Williams, Lorenzo, Hyde, etc. There is a delicate balance that our front office has to tight-rope.
    They don't get it.

    Only the teams with a lights out defense, a couple offensive weapons, are in the position to trade the farm in order to get a top QB. The Bills are no way in position this year to make that move. Plus as I Said a million times, they traded last years pick to KC in order to get extra picks this year to fill these holes.

    Lets watch where AJ McCarron goes now that he has been declared a free agent. If the Bills have any interest in a QB, you will hear about the Bills meeting with McCarron. If there is no meeting with McCarron, people better get use to the idea that the Bills have no interest in getting a QB this season. If the Bills truly had interest in trading picks for a QB in the draft, they would absolutely bring in McCarron first, to see what he would cost out of pocket, because McCarron has more upside to this team right now than any prospect coming out of college. If people thought and knew Girappolo would be good, McCarron is cut from the same cloth. Just talk to Cinci fans. They will tell you that they have been begging for Cinci to dump Dalton for McCarron. If he goes to the Patriots, this will suck.

    And everyone probably doesn't know this one glaring state. That the Bills do not have a winning record since Tyrod has been here, However, Tyrod as a Bill, does have a winning record. Im not saying he is going inot the HOF, I am just saying, we can blame our losing record on so many things, with the QB position being at the bottom of the list.

    With that said, If the Bills draft a rookie and gamble all our picks away, be prepared for more losing. But if we sign McCarron, use the picks to fill much needed holes, we will win the division. As much as I like Tyrod, the fact is, McCarron is the real deal. You will all see next year no matter where he is playing.
    Last edited by sabres11; 02-16-2018 at 02:03 PM.

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    14,040
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Smuggler View Post
    Vontae Davis visiting the Bills. Would totally take that signing.

    Per Sabres' point, which I want to echo - we have a lot of holes. A signing like Davis helps. If we lose Gaines, I hear we can get like a 3rd rd compensatory pick in 2019.

    If we trade up for a QB and cannot fill those holes, we will not be making the playoffs in the next year or two with a rookie QB. Not to mention our older vets who are big contributors will slow down/not remain with the team, e.g. Shady, Incognito, Hughes, Kyle Williams, Lorenzo, Hyde, etc. There is a delicate balance that our front office has to tight-rope.
    The roster isn't currently built for sustained success. The playoff appearance this season could very well be an outlier and a regression to a more mediocre team is entirely possible next year. I don't see this as a delicate balance, but rather an opportunity for the front office to decide where this team goes. Do they sell out for a top QB and build around him and become a perennial contender in the East, or do they try to patch up holes on what was described as "the worst team in the playoffs" and risk returning to mediocrity and leaving our lone playoff appearance in the past? The answer is quite simple for me.

    1934 1938 1961 2010 2013 2015

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    14,040
    Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    They don't get it.

    Only the teams with a lights out defense, a couple offensive weapons, are in the position to trade the farm in order to get a top QB. The Bills are no way in position this year to make that move. Plus as I Said a million times, they traded last years pick to KC in order to get extra picks this year to fill these holes.

    Lets watch where AJ McCarron goes now that he has been declared a free agent. If the Bills have any interest in a QB, you will hear about the Bills meeting with McCarron. If there is no meeting with McCarron, people better get use to the idea that the Bills have no interest in getting a QB this season. If the Bills truly had interest in trading picks for a QB in the draft, they would absolutely bring in McCarron first, to see what he would cost out of pocket, because McCarron has more upside to this team right now than any prospect coming out of college. If people thought and knew Girappolo would be good, McCarron is cut from the same cloth. Just talk to Cinci fans. They will tell you that they have been begging for Cinci to dump Dalton for McCarron. If he goes to the Patriots, this will suck.

    And everyone probably doesn't know this one glaring state. That the Bills do not have a winning record since Tyrod has been here, However, Tyrod as a Bill, does have a winning record. Im not saying he is going inot the HOF, I am just saying, we can blame our losing record on so many things, with the QB position being at the bottom of the list.

    With that said, If the Bills draft a rookie and gamble all our picks away, be prepared for more losing. But if we sign McCarron, use the picks to fill much needed holes, we will win the division. As much as I like Tyrod, the fact is, McCarron is the real deal. You will all see next year no matter where he is playing.
    The Eagles had neither a lights out defense or a lot of offensive weapons when they made the trade up for Wentz. They had a solid defense, similar to what Buffalo has now, one of the worst running games in football, and a weak group of WRs.

    1934 1938 1961 2010 2013 2015

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    8,290
    Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    I am not saying Luck is a bad QB. I am saying that the holes that team had, made little difference because of the weak division he played in. He feasted on those other team, just like Tom Brady and the Pats have feasted on the Jets, Bills and Dolphins. They had 6-wins guaranteed from his own division and since 2013, 9 usually won that division the majority of the time, so do the math.

    And lets not forget, offensively, he had Marvin Harrison, Hilton, Reggie Wayne, Dwayne Allen. Along with the playmakers he had on defense with MAthis, Freeney and others. Luck historically always had very bad offensive line, but when you have multiple WR's who create separation right off the line, makes it easy to throw quick and avoid the pass rush. As we see here, our WR's do not create separation.

    The Bills did have WRs that created separation, not this year but in years past.

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    8,290
    Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    Look it up before commenting that it never was said. The Indi Colts have no time frame on when Luck will start throwing or if he will even be playing a full season. Luck himself said he knew he wasn't playing last year at all, but the team lied to the fans, put him on IR, to fool the fans into thinking he will play after week 8 and tickets will be sold. Last year, Luck began throwing in OCT. but had complications and the DR's told him he wont be playing all season. The Colts kept that tag on him, to sell tickets towards the end of the season, even though they knew in Oct, the team Dr's already shut him down.

    If you listen to the John Miller Show, him and Donald Jones have said that repeatedly about Luck, as well as there is no way on earth, that the Eagles will trade Foles, because it is very likely that Wentz will begin the year on IR and will miss 2-4 games. Therefore Foles, with a 7 million cap hit, will be going nowhere. But people here dream.

    This is from Feb. 6th


    ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports there are still doctors who have concerns about Andrew Luck's shoulder and whether he may require additional surgery.

    As soon as Josh McDaniels backed out of the Colts' head-coaching job on Tuesday night, rumors began to swirl that McDaniels may know something about Luck's shoulder that the public does not. We doubt that's the case, but the concern around Luck is legitimate after he missed all of 2017 due to complications from right shoulder surgery. Luck needs to start throwing again ASAP to squash the rumors, and they're not going to go away until he does so.
    You just took reports about Luck and made it into your own reasoning for why McDaniels didn't take the job and tried to pass it off as an actual report.

    It's already been reported that McDaniels didn't take the job because he may have been promised the HC job for New England after Belichick. I guess never mind the reports that Belichick and Kraft swooped in at the last minute to change his mind.

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    8,290
    Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    A lot of teams wanted Maholmes. Buffalo wasn't the only team KC contacted in order to trade for him. Buffalo was just the only team not looking for a QB and KC was willing to give up what they did in order to get the QB of there future. Alex Smith lasting only a year after drafting Maholmes wasn't a surprised. As soon as KC made that trade, they knew Maholmes would be the starter in 2018. And for a winning team to go that far to pick their QB of the future, is all the proof you need to show his talent level. He was a coveted prospect, as the QBs this year are.
    Every year, except the EJ Manuel year, the QBs at the top of the draft are coveted. This still doesn't provide rationale as to why Mahommes is better or equal to the guys at the top of this year's class. In fact, Mahommes and Watson graded lower than each of the top four QBs in the draft. It doesn't work out that way as far as who ends up being the better pros, but Mahommes and Watson and this time last year were considered fringe first round picks. Neither had a first round grade. They were more along the lines of Jackson and Rudolph, not Rosen, Darnold, Allen, and Mayfield.

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    14,040
    Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    Even if his medical checks out, the Bills will absolutely never trade the farm to pick Rosen. As I said, with 2 concussions last year, the risk of him being highly susceptible to concussions in the future at his age is very high. This coaching staff doesn't take that risk with this offensive line, that has already given our QB's 4 concussions last year alone. It will never happen.

    Like I said, Peterman or Tyrod will be the QB next year and all of the draft picks we have will go to the offensive and defensive line, linebackers and the secondary. With all the journeyman QBs that took their teams to the playoffs last year, Bills are looking at this analytically. Instead of filling one need at QB, they will fill 6 other needs and either Tyrod, who took us to the playoffs and has a career winning record will be our starter, or their Golden boy Peterman will.
    There are strong indicators that the Bills are going to trade up for a QB, whether it be Rosen, Darnold, or Mayfield. Various reports have said the Bills have had interest in all three. They're positioned for it and Beane has no reason to be loyal to Taylor. If the medicals on Rosen check out and the Bills are able to trade up for him and that's who they want, that's who they will draft. If it's Darnold or Mayfield and they can work out a deal to move up, they'll get whichever of the two they like best.

    Tyrod may be the QB next year or he may not be. The one certainty is that Peterman will not be the starter for any length of time. Nobody believes that but you. There were three journeyman QBs in the playoffs this season, Foles, Keenum, and of course Taylor. Neither Keenum nor Foles would be able to repeat with either team if they were brought back as full-time starters. Tayor has proven time and again that he isn't going to lead a team to any significant success. Bortles was a top 5 pick, so he can't be included as a "journeyman". The rest were the usual suspects. Brees, Roethlisberger, Ryan, Brady. Which is what the Bills should be searching for.

    Lastly, if plugging holes and building around average QBs was a good strategy for building a winner, the number 17 wouldn't have any meaning to Bills fans.

    1934 1938 1961 2010 2013 2015

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    14,040
    There are some reports now that the Bills are shopping LeSean McCoy with the intention of moving up in the draft. Whether or not this particular report is true, there is far too much smoke to these "trade up" talks to dismiss it. The Bills are going to do everything in their power to trade up for a QB.

    1934 1938 1961 2010 2013 2015

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    6,153
    Reports are now much more specific. They apparently want Rosen in the top 10 with tyros being traded or released in the next couple weeks. These reports have much more behind them than your opinion sabers.

    The bills definitely do have a lot of holes they need to fill. Let's not forget all the cap space they have for FA. If they can pick up a CB, OL, and WR in FA then they are well on their way. Also if they are drafting a rookie QB then they shouldn't even really care about next season. It's the big picture approach that I like to see.

  11. #101
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    14,040
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Reports are now much more specific. They apparently want Rosen in the top 10 with tyros being traded or released in the next couple weeks. These reports have much more behind them than your opinion sabers.

    The bills definitely do have a lot of holes they need to fill. Let's not forget all the cap space they have for FA. If they can pick up a CB, OL, and WR in FA then they are well on their way. Also if they are drafting a rookie QB then they shouldn't even really care about next season. It's the big picture approach that I like to see.
    The Bills had some great success with FA additions last off-season. Actually, in the last number of years.

    One telling statistic on Rosen: 8.8% of his passes were uncatchable. That is compared to 11.5% on Darnold, 12.5% on Mayfield, and 15.4% on Allen. He is easily the most accurate QB in this draft.

    1934 1938 1961 2010 2013 2015

  12. #102
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    423
    Jackson gets criticized because his completion percentage and accuracy are not very good.sound familiar?

  13. #103
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    6,153
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdog72ny View Post
    Jackson gets criticized because his completion percentage and accuracy are not very good.sound familiar?
    No idea what you're getting at.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •