Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Best All-Time Team:All Players in Their Primes

Taking into account best all-time teams (or perhaps not), which teams represents the best all-time team with each player in their prime at the same time. What is the best team you can think of?

FIrst teams that come to mind are '04 Lakers with Shaq/Kobe/Malone/GP; '05 Heat Wade/Shaq/WC/GP/Mourning, etc.; 70's Lakers with Wilt, West, Baylor; Showtime Lakers- Magic/Worthy/Kareem; 2017 Dubs- KD/Steph/Klay/Draymond. 1996 Bulls- Jordan/Pippen/Rodman/Parrish, etc.; many, many more

Which is the best team, if all players on a team at one point were in their prime, that you can come up with?
    Last edited by HandsOnTheWheel; 01-09-2018 at 08:23 PM.

Rajon Rondo / Delonte West
    Ray Allen / Avery Bradley
    Paul Pierce / Jeff Green
    Kevin Garnett / Glenn Davis
    Shaquille O'Neil / Jermaine O'Neil

I think the 2010-11 Celtics gotta be up there

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Raptors

C- Hakeem Olajuwon, Marcus Camby
    PF- Chris Bosh, Jermaine O'Neal, Charles Oakley
    SF- Tracy McGrady, Shawn Marion, Peja Stojaković
    SG- Vince Carter, Demar Derozan
    PG- Chauncey Billups, Kyle Lowry

The Warriors:

Curry
    Barry
    Durant
    Green
    Wilt

I think it's pretty easily that Lakers team. First ballot HOF guys at 4 positions with excellent D and all the scoring you could handle. Malone was a good enough shooter to space things for Shaq and both of the big men were excellent passers.

Quote Originally Posted by HandsOnTheWheel View Post
    Taking into account best all-time teams (or perhaps not), which teams represents the best all-time team with each player in their prime at the same time. What is the best team you can think of?

FIrst teams that come to mind are '04 Lakers with Shaq/Kobe/Malone/GP; '05 Heat Wade/Shaq/WC/GP/Mourning, etc.; 70's Lakers with Wilt, West, Baylor; Showtime Lakers- Magic/Worthy/Kareem; 2017 Dubs- KD/Steph/Klay/Draymond. 1996 Bulls- Jordan/Pippen/Rodman/Parrish, etc.; many, many more

Which is the best team, if all players on a team at one point were in their prime, that you can come up with?
    Considering basketball is a team game that depends on cohesion, it's still the Warriors. You get Iguodala and West in their primes, Livingston before the knee injury and the all-NBA defense of Draymond, along with the unrivaled shooting of Curry, Thompson and Durant. No random assortment of all-stars from the hero ball era is beating that.
    I do, however, like my 2000-01 All-Prime Blazers (even though that idiot Bob Whitsitt traded Jermaine):
    PG: Strickland, Stoudemire, Grant
    SG: Smith, Wells
    SF: Pippen, Schrempf
    PF: Wallace, Kemp
    C: Sabonis, Dale Davis, Purdue
    They've got a lot of big men, so some talented guys have to come off the bench. I could go either way on Wallace or Kemp starting. But imagine prime Sabonis I'm talking mid-20s, not early 30s dominating the NBA.

2012-2013 Spurs

Parker
    Ginobili
    Leonard
    McGrady
    TD

I'm quite confused. Admittedly the wording in the OP was tough to follow but I though we were talking about real teams, just imagining that all the players on it were at their peaks at the time they were assembled into 1 unit.

I don't actually have an opinion on this at the moment, just thought it seemed like it had gotten away from that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Some consideration should be given to the 1985 Philadelphia 76ers, who had Maurice Cheeks, Andrew Toney, Dr. J, Bobby Jones Moses Malone and Charles Barkley.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Some consideration should be given to the 1985 Philadelphia 76ers, who had Maurice Cheeks, Andrew Toney, Dr. J, Bobby Jones Moses Malone and Charles Barkley.
    Bobby Jones <3
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

San Antonio Spurs

PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

How about those 01 TrailBlazers?

Kemp, Pippen, S Smith, Sabonis, Schrempf, Stoudamire, Sheed, Strickland, Bonzi, etc

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    I'm quite confused. Admittedly the wording in the OP was tough to follow but I though we were talking about real teams, just imagining that all the players on it were at their peaks at the time they were assembled into 1 unit.

I don't actually have an opinion on this at the moment, just thought it seemed like it had gotten away from that.

right. Are we talking about a specific team, like the 1982 Lakers? Or the 2004 Lakers? Or are we just assembling a team with any player that ever played for them like an all star roster?

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

The wording makes me think "all players on a team at the same time"... So Barry wouldn't be able to do his underhand free throws with Curry and Durant.

I might have to go with the Lakers... but the Bulls team with Parish would be quite good too...
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

San Antonio Spurs

PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    right. Are we talking about a specific team, like the 1982 Lakers? Or the 2004 Lakers? Or are we just assembling a team with any player that ever played for them like an all star roster?
    OP makes it pretty clear, he have examples.

I have to agree that Blazers squad is nasty

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Who's dub c ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast