Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Who don't you want at 6?

Arden Key, all he has is speed.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

All positions other than QB, except to draft Barkley or Chubb, if the team still drafts at 6 and doesn't like any of the QBs still available at 6.

I would be happy with Barkley, Chubb and any of Darnold, Rosen or Mayfield at #6.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Rosen or Darold

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown:32089907
    Rosen or Darold
    Wait.... If somehow they are both there at 6, you pass? I'm so confused...

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi:32089703
    All positions other than QB, except to draft Barkley or Chubb, if the team still drafts at 6 and doesn't like any of the QBs still available at 6.
    Exactly this. One of the top QB's, or the top RB if the QB's are gone.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Wait.... If somehow they are both there at 6, you pass? I'm so confused...
    I would take one because you'd have to take them. I just don't want them. I don't like Rosen's demeanor/attitude. I've said it before but if you are lucky enough to be the number one pick, you should be dying to have a chance to revitalize a team like the Browns, not saying it's not important to be picked first as it is to find a good fit. THat's my issue. I also think he might get broken physically, as in get injured a great deal
    I don't like Darnold because he doesn't protect the ball well in the pocket, he gets antsy in the pocket and it looks like his footwork gets wonky when he does or when he runs. I also don't think he's very smart. And I don't trust QBs from USC. I mean the odds say at some point one of them has to be successful but I don't think he will be the one.
    I think they are both quite overrated. I think Mayfield is the best QB in the draft followed by Jackson but Jackson looks like a leg injury waiting to happen.

So yes I would take either and pray but I hope we don't have that option.

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

When I look at the Jets at #6, here are the only positions I wouldn't want them to take:

1) WR-- If Enunwa is healthy, Robbie Anderson, Quincy Enunwa, Jermaine Kearse, ArDarius Stewart, Chad Hansen are more than capable.

2) TE-- Simply because there isn't one of value at #6

3) K, P-- Obviously

4) S-- You drafted 2 in the first 2 rounds last year.
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    I would be happy with Barkley, Chubb and any of Darnold, Rosen or Mayfield at #6.
    Completely misread this thread. I want no part of Jackson or Allen at #6. Wouldn't be happy about a S either given that they drafted two with their first two picks last year. There is also no TE worth drafting at #6.

Really anything but a QB at this point, unless it's Barkley after the top QB's. Even if it's Allen or Jackson if Darnold, Rosen, and Mayfield are off the board.

Without a long term solution at QB, they can have the best defensive player or best O-lineman in the league and it isn't going to matter without a QB.

If they draft someone like Barkley and he becomes an elite RB like Zeke or Gurley, then we can be successful with a QB like Cousins, Smith, Keenum, ect... Any other position is a waste right now. Trade back if you aren't gonna take a QB or Barkley at 6.

Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    Completely misread this thread. I want no part of Jackson or Allen at #6. Wouldn't be happy about a S either given that they drafted two with their first two picks last year. There is also no TE worth drafting at #6.
    I agree with this.
    Wouldn't love the OT but I would understand and hope he becomes worth the pick. Which is possible.

Good question: I haven't watched enough video, but will start soon. As of now
    QB position: Rosen, Mayfield, Allen
    Arden Key

I got 3 guys that I would take if they are there at the #6 pick :

QB, Lamar Jackson - Really improved his throwing this past season. Since starting his freshman year, he's actually improved as a pocket passer every year. Let's not forget what he brings to the table with his feet. Once out of the pocket he's hard to stop. I believe he has the potential to be a defensive coordinators nightmare. If he can become the franchise quarterback that he's capable of becoming in THIS sports market. He will own this city.

DE, Bradley Chubb - The pass rushing beast that this defense has been missing since John Abraham. Really good motor, and also brings something to the table in terms of stopping the run. We're already set at the safety positions. Shore up the corner-back situation (Free Agency), bring back Sheldon Richardson to put on the line, pick this guy with the 6th pick to finally bring that, "rushing the passer element" and I guarantee this is a Top 5 Overall Defense. He would also take double teams off Leonard 'Big Cat' Williams to become more of a beast as well.

OG, Quenton Nelson - Obviously not the, "sexy pick". But this guy is an absolute ANIMAL. Probably the best overall offensive lineman in the entire draft. Notre Dame don't want to see this guy leave. I would love if the Jets hit free agency and back the money truck up not for Kirk Cousins, but for Andrew Norwell (Panthers OG). This guy is a 6'6, 315lb, long haired, full bearded Game of Thrones looking character. (Think nastier and bigger version of Nick Mangold). Nelson and Norwell would be our left and right Guards on the line for the next 10 years. Just having these two players on the o-line would bring a physicality that this position group hasn't seen in a very long time. And it would be infectious to the rest of the line.

Josh Allen. Might question my jets loyalty if we draft him

Start questioning.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast