Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    It's pretty sad.

I'd also like to see more Senate requirements for 60 votes or more to pass. The party-line bills have gotten way out of hand over the last 20 years.
    Honest that was one of the huge differences between the Obamacare bill and this tax one. At least they had 60 votes in the senate.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    Honest that was one of the huge differences between the Obamacare bill and this tax one. At least they had 60 votes in the senate.
    Yeah and to be fair, both parties pull off wins when they have a simple majority, but I just don’t think bigger issues (overhauling healthcare, rewriting tax code, etc) should be left to a party line simple vote.

And I also think court appointments should have 2/3 approval. Which isn’t that hard, we’ve seen plenty of unanimous votes for judges even under Trump. But when you see those party line justices....that’s where our system gets ****ed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    And Republicans see it that way too. This is one of the main ideas behind the white nationalist movement in the Alt Right. It's not just DACA. It's minorities in general. It's no secret that most minorities vote predominantly for democrats.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

So are you suggesting that this is the view of 105 million people. That ALL or even the majority of democrats reason for supporting dreamers is simply to get more votes? You are suggesting that all those people hold the view of one political action committee who's job it is to try and win elections. Do you understand how silly that view is. That because I vote democrat my views are therefore the same as The Center For American Progress Action Fund ?

Are all your views represented by the views of random Republican political action groups?
    this is not about registered Democrat voters. this is entirely about the Democratic party.
    the memo says this is from "Jennifer Palmieri, President, and Navin Nayak, Executive Director, Center for American Progress Action Fund" to "Interested Parties". I would imagine Interested Parties are others in the Democratic party.
    it's not really that I think the Democratic party is looking to influence people. that isn't surprising in politics. my point with this is different than that. when those in the Democratic party talk about DACA they make it seem like they care about these people. they want to influence America in an emotional way so that people can choose to be on their side. but really instead the Democratic party could just be looking for future political votes.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Agreed. It's very easy for me to slip into the far left progressive political view because that's were my heart is. But this is a big country and working from the middle out is the only real hope for improving discourse and productivity in DC.

That said, the marketing/campaigning and media side is entirely focused on exploiting the psychology of the public. They thrive on us being further divided. I think the parties and media see that as a benefit to Trump in office. He loves the drama and splitting us in two, and it drives up support for each side.

It's a constant struggle for me. I love Bernie, but real political work gets done by the guys in the middle willing to work across the aisle. It inevitably leads to corruption, but it's better than pretending the other 50% of the nation doesnt matter, no matter how much we disagree.
    I think it should be included that it's not just the right with things that are dividing America. it's the left that continues to play identity politics, and something many on the right are sick of.

Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    Holy ****. He doesn’t have views. Someone from overseas sends him a list of things he needs to post everyday to earn his paycheck. He stops in once or twice a day and move on to the next forum to do the same. Read his posts he is not authentic in any way. He has no beliefs, cash has no beliefs.

I have never seen anyone on this forum post something more idiotic. even bagwell being entirely one sided partisan doesn't post this level of stupidity.

the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

this is not about registered Democrat voters. this is entirely about the Democratic party.
    the memo says this is from "Jennifer Palmieri, President, and Navin Nayak, Executive Director, Center for American Progress Action Fund" to "Interested Parties". I would imagine Interested Parties are others in the Democratic party.
    it's not really that I think the Democratic party is looking to influence people. that isn't surprising in politics. my point with this is different than that. when those in the Democratic party talk about DACA they make it seem like they care about these people. they want to influence America in an emotional way so that people can choose to be on their side. but really instead the Democratic party could just be looking for future political votes.

I think it should be included that it's not just the right with things that are dividing America. it's the left that continues to play identity politics, and something many on the right are sick of.

I have never seen anyone on this forum post something more idiotic. even bagwell being entirely one sided partisan doesn't post this level of stupidity.
    Not partisan. Has everything to do with you. Just you. Que a pop up.

Then why continually use the term "Democrats" which obviously includes all the registered ones.

they want to influence America in an emotional way so that people can choose to be on their side. but really instead the Democratic party could just be looking for future political votes.
    This is largely because you ignore all the "emotional ways" clearly spelled out in the actual memo, hone in on the partial voting references, and clearly still do not understand what DACA actually refers to, as illustrated by every single time you continue to trip over referring it in any meaningful way.

You honestly seem to think this is some scheme to farm illegal aliens and cultivate them into some Democratic voting cabal. Here's where the venn diagram of "emotional ways" (read: not being a ****ing *******) and voter attraction overlaps: OF COURSE Dems are not going to budge on something that keeps people that were raised in the country from their youth here. It's not a radical notion to not be in favor of ripping people from their family's and sending them to a country they don't know. All the compassion/morality **** you seem to thinks is a total farce--yeah, it attracts votes from the people you treat with those. And of course there is the cold reality of valuing people as statistical support, but you're acting like it has to be one or the other, and are completely shocked by the idea that the Dems would value votes this way while championing the GOP doing the same and even transparently taking it steps further than that.

Then again, why on earth would you be able to pick up on the idea that it could be more than one thing? Gotta keep it simple.
    Last edited by browski234; 01-11-2018 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    Not partisan. Has everything to do with you. Just you. Que a pop up.
    you're another one trolling and more obsessed with me than anything else. I'm flattered but what you said is just beyond stupidity. it was worse than tin foil hat stuff.

Then why continually use the term "Democrats" which obviously includes all the registered ones.

when the media has people from the Democratic party on TV, or talk about the Democratic party in print/online do they call them Democratic party representatives or do they just call them Democrats. it's the same thing with Republicans.
    I think you know this so you can stop now.

Quote Originally Posted by browski234 View Post
    This is largely because you ignore all the "emotional ways" clearly spelled out in the actual memo, hone in on the very partial vote part, and still do not understand what DACA actually refers to, as illustrated by every single time you continue to trip over referring it in any meaningful way.

Then again, why on earth would you be able to pick up on the idea that it could be more than one thing? Gotta keep it simple.
    you would rather deflect away from the part that exposes them as seeing them more as future votes.

I know enough about DACA. I can also understand the point some want to make that it's not really fair to deport children that had no choice in how they were brought into America. I also don't think it's fair to keep protecting them now as adults and no longer children. most of those in DACA are not even children.

when the media has people from the Democratic party on TV, or talk about the Democratic party in print/online do they call them Democratic party representatives or do they just call them Democrats. it's the same thing with Republicans.
    I think you know this so you can stop now.

So you constantly criticize the media and your response to being inaccurate is (whiniest voice imaginable) "But they do it?"

Be better.

So you constantly criticize the media and your response to being inaccurate is (whiniest voice imaginable) "But they do it?"

Be better.
    what was inaccurate? people in the Democratic party are called Democrats. whether it's media or millions around America, when people they talk about those in the Democratic party they refer to these people as Democrats.
    when people are talking about Democrats (or Republicans) they are not talking about people that are registered to vote as Democrat or Republican.

this is the official titter account of the Democratic party..
    This is the official Twitter account of the Democratic Party. Follow us to get the latest info on Democratic news and issues.
    what is their name? ..@TheDemocrats.

Not shocking at all. The DNC's electoral strategy for 40 years has been to import votes. California was such a success that they have fought and clawed to make the rest of the nation in its image.

what was inaccurate? people in the Democratic party are called Democrats. whether it's media or millions around America, when people they talk about those in the Democratic party they refer to these people as Democrats.
    when people are talking about Democrats (or Republicans) they are not talking about people that are registered to vote as Democrat or Republican.

this is the official titter account of the Democratic party..

what is their name? ..@TheDemocrats.
    I tried. You can now resume your regularly scheduled broadcasts.

I tried. You can now resume your regularly scheduled broadcasts.
    Lol

Well it was done by 60 democratic votes. Not one GOP member voted for it and it was done behind closed doors just like the tax bill. There’s really no difference

Seriously just stop. You make people on the right look ridiculous

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast