Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

LEAKED MEMO: DREAMers Are ‘Critical’ To Democrats ‘Future Electoral Success’

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...BI8HEZ?ocid=st

LEAKED MEMO: DREAMers Are ‘Critical’ To Dems ‘Future Electoral Success’
    The Center For American Progress (CAP) Action Fund circulated a memo on Monday calling illegal immigrants brought here at a young age — so-called “Dreamers” — a “critical component of the Democratic Party’s future electoral success.”

The memo, co-authored by former Clinton communications director Jennifer Palmieri, was sent around to allies calling on Democrats to “refuse to offer any votes for Republican spending bills that do not offer a fix for Dreamers and instead appropriate funds to deport them.”

President Donald Trump’s administration moved to end the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) policy in September, which former President Barack Obama instituted through executive order to keep immigrants who came here as children from being deported.

Trump called on Congress to find a legislative fix for young immigrants, or “Dreamers,” facing deportation. House lawmakers recently put forward a bipartisan DACA compromise bill that also claims to address worries over chain migration. However, it’s unclear if the bill will pass.

CAP Action’s memo says protecting DACA is not only a “moral imperative” for Democrats, it also key to getting votes.

“The fight to protect Dreamers is not only a moral imperative, it is also a critical component of the Democratic Party’s future electoral success,” reads Palmieri’s memo, obtained by The Daily Caller News Foundation.

“If Democrats don’t try to do everything in their power to defend Dreamers, that will jeopardize Democrats’ electoral chances in 2018 and beyond,” reads the memo. “In short, the next few weeks will tell us a lot about the Democratic Party and its long-term electoral prospects.”

Fox News Host Tucker Carlson confronted Center for American Progress senior fellow Henry Fernandez on the memo. CAP Action is the 501(c)(4) political group, a sister group of the think tank where Fernandez is technically employed.
    MEMO:

https://www.scribd.com/document/3687...ers#from_embed

Democrats care about DACA because they see these as votes.
    Last edited by SpecialFNK; 01-09-2018 at 11:23 AM.

the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

God I hate both parties.

May as well deport them then.

I’d rather them be the future for electoral success than the Republicans and their donors.

This is somehow a surprise?

I don't really understand the point of this thread....

this just in ice is cold

Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post

this just in ice is cold
    Special sees it as disparaging, in reality demographics are classified/targeted all the time by every power entity.
    If anyone couldn't see the voter ramifications of the dems stance on dreamers they were blind.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    Special sees it as disparaging, in reality demographics are classified/targeted all the time by every power entity.
    If anyone couldn't see the voter ramifications of the dems stance on dreamers they were blind.
    He doesn’t really see anything. He needs to make a certain amount of post per week and include certain propaganda articles. It’s how he gets paid.

this just in ice is cold
    I’m shrugging my shoulders pretty hard over here. Is it coming through the interweb tubes?

....................................annnnnnnd?

this just in ice is cold
    just evidence showing what Democrats are like. one could say they care more about votes than issues in general for the American people.

if Republicans are said to be targeting specific people or suppressing votes, then some here want to make that a big deal. but Democrats do the same and people don't seem to care.

the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

Was it not common knowledge before hand that the Democrats supported the Dreamers?

Politics is literally all about votes. We’re not going to get all high and mighty and pretend one side cares about votes and the other just wants to do “what’s right”. Are we?

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    just evidence showing what Democrats are like. one could say they care more about votes than issues in general for the American people.

if Republicans are said to be targeting specific people or suppressing votes, then some here want to make that a big deal. but Democrats do the same and people don't seem to care.
    You of all making this claim is ****ing hilarious. You’ve openly admitted to to valuing GOP “winning” more than actual issues in the U.S., a country you know little about.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post

why do you think wages haven't gone up in the last 40 years when this crisis began? adjusted to inflation

Large corporations who buy these politicians realized wages in other countries were a lot less than the US. Open the borders and make everyone compete for jobs. Productivity went up and wages went down or remained stagnant.

After the civil rights movement, Anybody who opposed this was considered racist
    Last edited by kevin13697; 01-09-2018 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by browski234 View Post
    You of all making this claim is ****ing hilarious. You’ve openly admitted to to valuing GOP “winning” more than actual issues in the U.S., a country you know little about.
    I still can't wrap my brain around a Canadian being obsessed with Trumpian US politics instead of Canadian politics....

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    I still can't wrap my brain around a Canadian being obsessed with Trumpian US politics instead of Canadian politics....
    Because he found an avatar for all the weird and creepy views he has in Trump and his movement. Love for hate knows no borders.

"It's OK to have an alleged pedophile and confirmed racist in office, because they aren't a Democrat."---Special

"Even if Russia is screwing with us, who cares? It's not like that has any ramifications."---Special

"Democrats only care about votes, not issues!"---amazingly, also Special.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast