Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

18-19 Starting line up

Little early but we have a few days off before London. Iíve been thinking about next year already...letís say the offseason goes very well for us.

Hayward returns to 100% and we land....the 4th pick and select...Bamba(I think his defense and size would go very well next to an aging Horford)

Who starts?

Kyrie/Brown/Hayward/Tatum/Horford?

Start Bamba next to Horford...who goes to the bench?

Make a trade?

Maybe pick Bagley or Porter(I still think is the BPA)?

Discuss what YOU would do.

Quote Originally Posted by CELTICS4LYFE View Post
    Little early but we have a few days off before London. Iíve been thinking about next year already...letís say the offseason goes very well for us.

Hayward returns to 100% and we land....the 4th pick and select...Bamba(I think his defense and size would go very well next to an aging Horford)

Who starts?

Kyrie/Brown/Hayward/Tatum/Horford?

Discuss what YOU would do.
    I am gonna love watching that starting 5... The eyetest may seem that that group is a good rebounding group, but if you look at their individual numbers they all are above average rebounders...

Boston Space Station...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

if we lose Smart, then Brown probably needs to go to the bench given his defensive tenacity and athleticism/energy... but most likely Bamba/Porter/Bagley would come off of the bench as a rookie.

Kyrie/Rozier/larkin
    Brown/Smart
    Hayward/Morris/semi
    Tatum/draft pick/theis
    Horford/Baynes

Then a couple fill in players at the end of the bench would be ideal. Hopefully we pick up Bagley/Porter Jr or Bamba. Would be great to land Ayton, but I think he is definitely the #1 pick and we will miss out on him.
    "Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling." - Bill Belichick

Baynes and Smart may be too pricey to keep. Morris may be dealt.

I want Ayton or Bagley, Porter next. .

Horford is a little too much in his prime to be called aging.

We might see the new kid and say Hayward come out after 5. The second squad will have more O next year, but less D too.

What are we? 34-10? Toronto is tougher than I thought, want them and Cavs to clash in the playoffs while we get someone else.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

Bagwell, no interest in Bamba?

Bagwell, no interest in Bamba?
    If we get to a point in the draft - maybe 6, and he's the best big, you either tag him or deal the pick for a current guy.

To me he's more like a Brown like player in that he has lots of physically based skills but might take 2-4 years to arrive. I'd like a Tatum instant-on type guy if possible.

Our window might be 5 years, if it take Bamba 3 or 4 years to be a starter then he's generally not who we want.

The problem with Porter is that the medicals make him look like a 76'ers pick. He's a risk, but like Gronk with the bad back could be a stud.

I can see Theiss fitting in long term as the 5th big. He can play 5 and 4, and will be a plus vs most 2nd string guys.

I think Baynes has a shot at getting a nice 2 or 3 year deal for perhaps $7M+ per which is too much for the C's, so we do need a big out of this draft that can in his first year replace Baynes or better. Or deal the pick and player(s) for an existing big - which after looking around for 10 minutes isn't easy to locate.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

I'm ok with Bamba... He needs to show more offensively though IMO...

If the C's get the 5th pick and Ayton, Bagley and Porter are gone I would like to see if the Suns are willing to give up their two 1st's... One should be a lottery and the other is Miami's... The Suns are a team who needs a PG and Doncic and Young may be a target for them...

With a lottery and a pick in the teens I would look at Wendell Carter and Trevon Duval... Just a thought...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

Iím all over the place with this draft....was in love with Porter until this injury. Love Ayton but I think heís clearly #1, really like Bagley but the more I watch he seems like a pure energy over skill player right now(which also wouldnít be bad to just develop on this team) Bamba was my least favorite but I think heíd be a good fit on this team. Defensive monster who with all the offense weapons on this team could be left to develop.

I think the starting 5 is pretty set in stone.

Kyrie/Brown/Hayward/Tatum/Horford

The bench will be the big ???

Smart - Pending FA who will likely be re-signed even if just for trade purposes
    Morris - 1 year $5M deal - attractive trade piece
    Baynes - Another small expiring contract that would be an attractive trade piece

Then you have Rozier, Theis, Ojeleye who will stick around.

With everything in place - ideally we get a 6th and 7th man out of the LAL pick (which hopefully conveys) and a trade with Smart/Morris/Baynes + our own pick.

If we sign Smart to a contract that's $10M+...I'd call up NO and offer Smart/Baynes/Morris/2018 LAL/2018 BOS for Davis and see what they say. Likely that's a hard no but worth the call anyways.

I'd also call up NYK and see if that offer could land KP and we'd take Noah's terrible contracts off their books. Later look to trade or stretch Noah.

Likely though a big trade won't happen and we keep that LAL pick

I'd go with Porter because I think Ayton and Bagley go 1 and 2. Porter has an injury risk but his upside is super high. We're in a great position to gamble with this pick.

City of Champions

Iím all over the place with this draft....was in love with Porter until this injury. Love Ayton but I think heís clearly #1, really like Bagley but the more I watch he seems like a pure energy over skill player right now(which also wouldnít be bad to just develop on this team) Bamba was my least favorite but I think heíd be a good fit on this team. Defensive monster who with all the offense weapons on this team could be left to develop.
    That's what I see with Bagley as well... he's got a lot of athleticism, energy and hustle which I like, but he's really rough around the edges. I obviously won't mind him if we luck into him, he can at the very least be our Tristan Thompson, but if we took Porter over him and Porter fully recovers, I'll probably be more excited. Porter at the 4 (or even 5 if he keeps growing) with a bit of muscle added will probably arguably be the most skilled 4/5 big in the entire league given his ability to shoot and handle the ball.

Looks like we will be paying attention to the 2019 draft anyways now.....

Quote Originally Posted by corky831 View Post
    Looks like we will be paying attention to the 2019 draft anyways now.....
    They have won 4 win a row after losing what? 9 in a row. They are what 6-7th now? Don't give up.

13 of the next 19 are on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    They have won 4 win a row after losing what? 9 in a row. They are what 6-7th now? Don't give up.

I hope so, landing in the top 5 this yr will be great because you know 2 teams will be enamored with Doncic or Young. That would leave Ayton, Bagley, and Porter there for the taking. Ayton most likely top 2 though so he'd be the hardest to get

Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post

That...^^^

And, if they are able to move 1 of Randle/ Clarkson/ Lopez I would think they become even worse...

Reggie Lewis

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast